What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who would you rather have at your club?Jamie Soward or Mitchell Pearce..

watatank

Coach
Depends if you'd rather a five eighth or halfback at your club. Two very different players you can't make the comparison at all.

I prefer Soward purely on the basis of me being a Dragons fan but in most other cases Pearce.

Gaba

First Grade
you sir a moron

will not win anything?

half the roosters trys have been from kicks, their kicks

11 wins is winning nothing now is it?

The draw helped the roosters and mislead the selectors thinking the roosters players are any good

The roosters have not beaten any of the good sides, yes they are pretenders , when they played the good teams they been slaughtered

pearce has no attacking skills, all he does is bombs or a banana kick to Anasta between the goal post he is predictable. He waits for the forwards to become tired before he trys to run with the ball.

Fitler should drop pearce as halfback until he learns to attack and not be predictable

Last edited:

melon....

Coach
The draw helped the roosters and mislead the selectors thinking the roosters players are any good

The roosters have not beaten any of the good sides, yes they are pretenders , when they played the good teams they been slaughtered

pearce has no attacking skills, all he does is bombs or a banana kick to Anasta between the goal post he is predictable. He waits for the forwards to become tired before he trys to run with the ball.

Fitler should drop pearce as halfback until he learns to attack and not be predictable
You are a comedian. Saints position on the ladder is HUGELY exaggerated. Why? because Saints "beat" melbourne and Brisbane when both those teams had 10 out.

personally i cant wait to watch Saints bow out early again....if they make the 8 that is.

AHHHHHH!!! I love the smell of jealousy in the morning.

melon....

Coach
saints arent at the bottom of the table.

i feel sorry for you having to watch these boring halves each week when you had soward on the roster.

thanks for that by the way, hes a gem
You are dreaming. As Yoda would say... "The table, to Saints, flattering is." f**k pal youve got no idea....when the blow torch is applied, Soward will crack...Stuart furked him good and proper. in time he may fulfill his potential. but Ive seen him at his best in Flegg and at his worst in big games too...again i dont blame the kid, he's damaged goods, thanks to Stuart. Maybe Bennett can get him up again. Im just glad we have Pearce. At the same stage of their developments Pearce owns him.

And as i said, Pearce isnt damaged goods and in far better hands than Soward was/is.

Gaba

First Grade
You are a comedian. Saints position on the ladder is HUGELY exaggerated. Why? because Saints "beat" melbourne and Brisbane when both those teams had 10 out.

personally i cant wait to watch Saints bow out early again....if they make the 8 that is.

This is coming from a rooster supporter,Roosters are the ones who are exaggerated on the table they have not beaten any of the top 5 teams, when they have played them they been beaten easily.

Roosters will be the first team who bow out, they will finish in the lower part of the 8

D

Deleted member 10972

This is coming from a rooster supporter,Roosters are the ones who are exaggerated on the table they have not beaten any of the top 5 teams, when they have played them they been beaten easily.

Roosters will be the first team who bow out, they will finish in the lower part of the 8

Umm...Roosters beat Melbourne. Roosters lost in a close one to Broncos under controversial circumstances. Roosters haven't versed Sharks or Titans yet. Roosters were missing Fitzgibbon, Myles, Tupou, Mason and important depth forward Shackleton (who would have been a better choice than a lot of our younger forwards) when they got drubbed by Manly.

But stay up there on your high horse if you are comfortable. I'd rather you be on your high horse and us be nice and high on the ladder any day of the week.

You are dreaming. As Yoda would say... "The table, to Saints, flattering is." f**k pal youve got no idea....when the blow torch is applied, Soward will crack...Stuart furked him good and proper. in time he may fulfill his potential. but Ive seen him at his best in Flegg and at his worst in big games too...again i dont blame the kid, he's damaged goods, thanks to Stuart. Maybe Bennett can get him up again. Im just glad we have Pearce. At the same stage of their developments Pearce owns him.

And as i said, Pearce isnt damaged goods and in far better hands than Soward was/is.

pearce looked fairly damaged after last night

and how will anasta feel knowing hell never play origin again.

the closest hell get to origin in the future is if someone buys him a ticket

At least Anasta has been there. Soward will never play Origin.

youre probably the only nsw fan who wants to remember anasta being there.

the only time anasta looked good at origin was when he had trent barrett to carry him

i hope soward doesnt play origin. let him concentrate on winning a comp. for saints.

petetheileet

First Grade
Pearce is so overrated it isnt funny....

There is honestly nothing about his game that excites me or i think wow he is gna be a great player. Some people in the media jump up and go nuts about him then everyone jumps on the bandwagon.

He is young....so what??? he will be a good player in the future. Why all the f**kin talk now???

Soward is a game breaker with lots of skill and blistering pace. I myself doubt his ability to lead a team around the park but he is a talent!

All i know is if we had Pearce instead of Soward this year there is no chance in hell we would be in 5th place.

Hutty1986

Immortal

Flattering is the 20 point margin between the Dragons and the Rorters last time the 2 teams played :lol:

ledzep

Bench
Starting a team from scratch, I'd prefer Soward, I was very pissed off at the way the club treated him
I'm more than happy with the Pearce and Anasta combination though

gregstar

Referee
i think people should go easy on pearceoff.

it was his first shot & he had a dig.

both he & analstar have done well in the regular comp. they had earnt the right to be there.

the cupboard looks pretty bare for halves down south.

Dutchy

Immortal
Pearce and Anasta need a dominant forward pack to play well.

At the Roosters they have a rep looking pack.

When they have come against a pack that has stood up to them, ie- Manly over the past few years they have been absolutely shat on. It showed last night, NSW wasnt very dominant up front, it was an arm wrestle and they couldnt do anything special whereas Thurston, even though it was only once, managed to create a try scoring oppurtunity and took it.

Ribs

Bench

Pfft, the stupid thing is you all say Saints are no good, but back it up by saying we beat average teams. We had players out of both games and we won by big margins. Good evidence you have there. Ask Eels fans about Melbourne's B side......

And we put the Roosters apparent best 17 to the sword.

And no team has beaten us by 13 points, the only team with that stat.

We are going ok but have a lot of improvement left, but to say we dont deserve our spot means you're a moron.

Tommy Smith

Referee
This thread needs to be archived. It's GOLD.

The constant Pearce bashing because he's not super flashy and super quick is hilarious.

Let's just face it: According to many people Eddie Paea sh*ts on Pearce. And now Soward sh*ts all over Pearce. Which is so obivous based on how incredibly great and dominant Paea and Soward have been comapred to how inept Pearce has been with the poorly performing Roosters. Mullen, Carney and Wallace also sh*t on Pearce. Soon Sandow will also sh*t on Pearce.

Basically i reckon that Pearce is the most overrated talentless hack in history. Everyone sh*ts on him. He cant kick, run, pass or defend. And he's slow.

He's under about 10 tonne of sh*t from every other halfback in the game as far as im concerned.

F**k im eloquent. And my opinion is based on so much experience and expertise in the game of Rugby League.