What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Whose overated at your club?

The_Coach

Juniors
I think people don't understand the term over-rated. It either means 2 things.

1) People think your an average player when really your garbage.

OR

2) People think your a superstar when really your only an average player.

Johns Magic

Referee
Hurriflatch said:
That post is proof you havn't watched a single Parra game this year.

Consider what the Eels did to your mob I'm not surprised you didn't even watch that match.

Tahu earns a sh*tload of money which he doesn't deserve. He's a fantastic winger, but he's no centre. He made Origin purely because of his reputation as a winger.

Cayless has been out of form for years now, as has Wagon.

Accusing me of not watching the game after your f**k up mistaking Anasta for Andrew Johns in Origin? Then accusing Johns of being an old hack?

Hold on, let's find it...

Ah yes, here it is!

Hurriflatch said:
Loser Johns sets up a great 90 metre try for Slater with a pass Kimmorley could only dream about throwing

QLD 10-8 kick to come

Hurry up and retire Joey

Tell me Hurriflatch, who got MOTM?

Smooth.

RABK

Referee
Johns Magic said:
Tahu earns a sh*tload of money which he doesn't deserve. He's a fantastic winger, but he's no centre. He made Origin purely because of his reputation as a winger.

Accusing me of not watching the game after your f**k up mistaking Anasta for Andrew Johns in Origin? Then accusing Johns of being an old hack?

Hold on, let's find it...

Ah yes, here it is!

Tell me Hurriflatch, who got MOTM?

Smooth.

Bam, zing and owned!!!

Great stuff JM! :lol: :clap:

Johns Magic

Referee
eelsta said:
dear oh dear all theses overated parra players and they are coming second :-k

Don't get me wrong, Parra are doing outstandingly well, but it's not because of those players.

Hindmarsh, Morrisson, Marsh, Riddell, McKinnon, Grothe, Smith, Morris, Widders take a bow.

Johns Magic

Referee
I think Kite's been showing some form as of late, despite his suspension.

Personally I'd say Chad Randall has been poor this year.

Bumble

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
thanks bumble...keep fishing
Dont let you dislike of me cloud your already mixed up brain. Watching sths come last yr after yr after yr must have really messed you up

Stop being paranoid simpleton, It wouldn't matter if Lockyer was the 2nd best player in the world (I rate him about 4th, personally) since he is constantly referred to by the media as "The Best" then he is overrated.

legend

Coach
Wagon has had an excellent year IMO and Vella has lifted his game as well.

Surely Finch is the clear winner here or possibly Gower?

Mr Saab

Referee
Bumble said:
Stop being paranoid simpleton, It wouldn't matter if Lockyer was the 2nd best player in the world (I rate him about 4th, personally) since he is constantly referred to by the media as "The Best" then he is overrated.

lockyer 4th huh?
Please...rate the top 5 players in your opinion. I will even start it for you.

1. A Johns
4. D Lockyer

the only simpleton is you..you and your club that you follow. Since Johns has been back no one has said lockyer has been the best in the world constantly. Just a few QLDrs that stick up for a fellow maroon. Majority say Johns is. But hey, you dont want to let facts get in the way of your post do you? :rolleyes:

Kiwi

First Grade
Charlie Saab said:
lockyer 4th huh?
Please...rate the top 5 players in your opinion. I will even start it for you.

1. A Johns
4. D Lockyer

the only simpleton is you..you and your club that you follow. Since Johns has been back no one has said lockyer has been the best in the world constantly. Just a few QLDrs that stick up for a fellow maroon. Majority say Johns is. But hey, you dont want to let facts get in the way of your post do you? :rolleyes:

Actually the players poll voted Lockyer number 1, in the LU fans poll someone put up here Lockyer got more votes as number 1.

Mr Saab

Referee
Kiwi said:
Actually the players poll voted Lockyer number 1, in the LU fans poll someone put up here Lockyer got more votes as number 1.

RLW...thats a players poll (they are his peers)
Any poll on here regarding who is better should be taken as a grain of salt.

Bumble was referring to the "media" as constanty regarding him as the best

smeghead

Bench
Scott Prince has had a few shockers. But it is quite clear that no one rated the Tigers at the start of the year. Benji may be over hyped.

panthersballboy

Juniors
I would say Joe Gulavao. He still makes the kiwi rep teams but is no where near the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

Kiwi

First Grade
panthersballboy said:
I would say Joe Gulavao. He still makes the kiwi rep teams but is no where near the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

That could be said about most of the Panthers this year. Which is a shame.

PB

Bench
Johns Magic said:

Wagon has been brilliant this year, and Cayless has been one of the better props in the comp, since rightly missing the test back in April.

At Parramatta, the overrated players probably aren't in our first grade team.

Lots of Parra fans have a tendancy to think the lower grade players are all future internationals, when truth be known they are all fantatic at the level they are currently at, but only 1/2 a dozen are potential internationals.

if you asked me last year it would have been karmichael hunt because the courier mail was just in love with him. One of the writers, Steve Ricketts, said he was going to get selected for last years Kangaroo tour.

Right now the only one i think is a little over rated is parker simply cause i dont think he deserves to play origin.