What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the Roosters Tall Poppies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidriver

Coach
Catatonic_Omnivore, I haven't been a member that long. I've only really contributed to one or two posts, this being the main one. Maybe that's why most of my messages are on the Roosters ?

taxidriver

Coach
BTW, you called me "our opinionated poster"....aren't we all ??

At least I've tried to base my arguments on fact (as have you) pity a lot of your colleagues go straight to the abuse or either my team or myself.

mj5150

Juniors
taxidriver said:
Waste talent ? Ryles, Bailey, Timmins, Gasnier, Blacklock. 5 who made their first grades debuts in the red and white and have since played for Australia.

This argument (the overall argument - not your statement above) is as futile as a Souths v Cronulla match. However, please check your facts before making claims like this. Check your own web site under player profiles and tell me where Nathan Blacklock made his first grade debut.

That brings your tally back to 4, and I'll counter that with Minichiello, Hegarty, and Ricketson. How many of your list are in the CURRENT Australian team?

I don't see the significance. Does this figure really mean anything? Look at the Panthers - they've got only one and he only just scraped into a bench position. Yet they managed to take a clean sweep this year.

taxidriver said:
At least I've tried to base my arguments on fact (as have you) pity a lot of your colleagues go straight to the abuse or either my team or myself.

We'll just pretend, for your sake, that you didn't post comments such as "your stupidity is more evident than ever" directly at me.

taxidriver said:
Catatonic_Omnivore, I haven't been a member that long. I've only really contributed to one or two posts, this being the main one. Maybe that's why most of my messages are on the Roosters ?
You must really like posting stuff here though. As I can see you hardly ever contribute in the Dragons forum. Or any other forum for that matter. Hopefully you can forgive me for thinking that you just couldn't wait to have a go at some Rooster bashing as it were.

I can only hope that you have learned something from your time here at the Roosters Forum. I would hate to think that the efforts put in by MJ have fallen on blind eyes.

taxidriver

Coach
MJ - I agree the argument is futile, but who started it ???. As for Blacklock, the reason he is on my list is because he was in no way a regular first grader when he came to sainst. He played what 1 or 2 games as a fill in for you guys ???

If you want to nit pick on facts, why not post a note to your mate chook, the king of the lidicrous comments ?

As for the stupidity comment I made to you, the list of Dragons players who we "poached" was pretty ridiculous, some people would have been harsher still ! :shock:

CO - I'm damned it I post and bagged (we won, he's gone blah blah blah) if I don't reply !!!! BTW, I've learned plenty mate, you boys just wont face facts ;-)

taxidriver said:
CO - I'm damned it I post and bagged (we won, he's gone blah blah blah) if I don't reply !!!! BTW, I've learned plenty mate, you boys just wont face facts ;-)
I dunno where you get off thinking it's a contest. Certainly not from me.

As I thought, MJ your posts have indeed fallen on blind eyes. He/she obviously suffers from chronic selective reading. Seems that he/she chooses to ignore the link in regards to the Dragons recruitment. Or should we disregard that as a fact?!?!? :roll:

taxidriver

Coach
"I dunno where you get off thinking it's a contest. Certainly not from me."

I never said it was a contest either, I said I get bagged when I post and bagged when I don't. Enjoy this little selection, either accusing me of backing off or inviting feedback.

From you "I wonder whether he/she will be back. He/she really has a thing for the Roosters. Just did a search on his/her posts. Almost all carry the same tone of bagging anything red, white & blue."

and

"All I hope for is for this person to take an open view on his issues with the Roosters. Wait and see I guess."

Walshie - "Hes been a bit quite

I think we have won !!

Shhhhhhh dont wake im up again

Simmering in the background he he he"

and

"I think youve got im on the run I think youve got im backpedlin !!

Ozzie - "GUYS - I am watching this topic just going around like a top - in fact Taxi driver it is awefully brong - why don't you put up some fresh arguements instead of rehashing old debates - which too were awefully boring... "

As for the links, yes I read them and they have little or nothing to do with this thread, but since you want me to comment on them how many ready made first graders are on that list ? how many ready first grade ready players have Saints signed in the last 5 years ? What sort of talent have we let go during that time in order to stay under the cap ? ALL clubs need to recruit externally, I never said any different. What i did say is that your club has a reputation for basing it's team on external recruitment, a reputation that is well warranted.

Anonymous

Juniors
taxidriver said:
"I dunno where you get off thinking it's a contest. Certainly not from me."

I never said it was a contest either, I said I get bagged when I post and bagged when I don't. Enjoy this little selection, either accusing me of backing off or inviting feedback.

From you "I wonder whether he/she will be back. He/she really has a thing for the Roosters. Just did a search on his/her posts. Almost all carry the same tone of bagging anything red, white & blue."

and

"All I hope for is for this person to take an open view on his issues with the Roosters. Wait and see I guess."

Walshie - "Hes been a bit quite

I think we have won !!

Shhhhhhh dont wake im up again

Simmering in the background he he he"

and

"I think youve got im on the run I think youve got im backpedlin !!

Ozzie - "GUYS - I am watching this topic just going around like a top - in fact Taxi driver it is awefully brong - why don't you put up some fresh arguements instead of rehashing old debates - which too were awefully boring... "

As for the links, yes I read them and they have little or nothing to do with this thread, but since you want me to comment on them how many ready made first graders are on that list ? how many ready first grade ready players have Saints signed in the last 5 years ? What sort of talent have we let go during that time in order to stay under the cap ? ALL clubs need to recruit externally, I never said any different. What i did say is that your club has a reputation for basing it's team on external recruitment, a reputation that is well warranted.

Taxi driver !! I remember the movie !!

The guy was nuts !! so was the pimp he shot in the guts !!

Im stariitn to worrrrrrrieeeeeeeeeeeee :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

taxidriver

Coach
"All the animals come out at night - whores, skunk pussies, buggers, queens, fairies, dopers, junkies, sick, venal, (roosters supporters ;-) .) Someday a real rain will come and wash all this scum off the streets. "

Travis Bickle

taxidriver said:
What i did say is that your club has a reputation for basing it's team on external recruitment, a reputation that is well warranted.

So based on your "opinion" which came to fruition after talking to other supporters and your interpretation of "the facts" available to you. The reason you hate the Roosters is because the Roosters recruit externally and do not have a large "local" Junior base.

Is that it?

So I suppose to people like you, It doesn't matter that the players we did recruit like Mini, Hegarty, Flannery, etc... were basically unknown talent but have recently became rep players through the Roosters development program.

I suppose you, like others, missed the news when we had to release players like Phillips, Solomona, Widders, Fletcher, etc...

And the Roosters were wrong in signing players like Cayless, Mullins, Fitzgibbon, Finch, Payten and other players like these who were released by their respective clubs.

So your bench mark of a "good club" is one with a large "Junior base", like the Dragons. Who, by the way only recruits "just like any other team in the NRL".

Walshie said:
Taxi driver !! I remember the movie !!

The guy was nuts !! so was the pimp he shot in the guts !!

Im stariitn to worrrrrrrieeeeeeeeeeeee :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If I remember correctly de Nero had fancied the teenage hooker played by Jodie Foster (I think she was 15) and shot himself at the end when the cops were about to grab him.

A psycho who liked pre-pubecent hookers.

I hope this isn't a reflection of your true character.

taxidriver

Coach
Where did I say I hate the Roosters ????

As for the movie, he doesn't shoot himself. As for the hooker, he wants to save her from the sleaze and hopeless situation she finds herself in. Sounds a bit like me trying to save you guys ;-)

taxidriver said:
Where did I say I hate the Roosters ????

As for the movie, he doesn't shoot himself. As for the hooker, he wants to save her from the sleaze and hopeless situation she finds herself in. Sounds a bit like me trying to save you guys ;-)
For a guy/gal that likes the Roosters, you sure have a lot of negative posts about us.

Thanks but no thanks. We are in no need for salvation. Try the Souths forum. Or you might want to look in your own backyard before you pry on others.

taxidriver

Coach
Where did I say I like the Roosters ? :lol: :lol:

As for the Souths forum, they are beyond salvation :twisted: :twisted:

taxidriver said:

Geez I wish you would make up your mind. I was applying boolean logic since I thought this psycho could'nt be a fence sitter based on the number of posts you have on the Roosters forum.

Anonymous

Juniors
taxidriver said:

Well at least us more educated and wealthy poeple are more fun to talk to then AY !!!!!!!!!!!

thats why youre here isnt it !! you have a little inferiority complex! dont you ! and you really want to support the roosters but your not game are you ! its ok , we understand , we are getting to like you ! xxx

ozzie

Bench
Walshie said:
taxidriver said:

Well at least us more educated and wealthy poeple are more fun to talk to then AY !!!!!!!!!!!

thats why youre here isnt it !! you have a little inferiority complex! dont you ! and you really want to support the roosters but your not game are you ! its ok , we understand , we are getting to like you ! xxx

tell that to my mangled Magna that I am welathy... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Chook

First Grade
taxidriver said:
Chook said "And you can turn this whole juniors argument on it's head with pepople like taxidriver, because it's clubs like his that pathetically waste so much talent and potential with piss poor development and coaching. And what do they do to fix this? They run out and buy established players from other clubs"

I haven't seen so many flaws in an argument since.....since....since ever !

Waste talent ? Ryles, Bailey, Timmins, Gasnier, Blacklock. 5 who made their first grades debuts in the red and white and have since played for Australia.

Run out and buy established players ??? I'll give you $100 for every player who was an "established" first grader in our starting 17 as long as you are willing to do the same.

At least some of the other posters talk fact, do you want some kleenex to wipe that sh*t off your chin ?

Two classic cases of waste of potential and talent are Fitzgibbon and Ross, both played and won grand finals with one having the highest rep honours of state and country. And you've made my point with your 4 mentioned players. With the thousands of juniors you have your club can ONLY develop 4 grade players? We have 3 grade juniors from less than a quarter of the number you have with Cross, Ricko and Byrne.

See taxidriver, there in lies the difference. We have a successful development and coaching regime because we have too. You simply rely on weight of numbers within the 'Illawarra' area to select your best.

Chook.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts