What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why are the Roosters Tall Poppies ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

taxidriver

Coach
Chook, You know nothing about my club and it also appears you are having difficulty reading.

The 4 players aren't the only 4 players developed to grade standard, they are four recent examples of players developed to the highest standard.

Fitz and Ross are both cases of players unwanted by my club, we made a clear mistake with Fitz but I'll have Ryles and Bailey over Ross any day thanks.

You've taken this post way off topic (again !), would you like another kleenex, this time to wipe the egg off your face ?

I think this post has been done to death, I'm sure you'll have your attempt at some sort of retort but I've had enough of this one for now. See you in some other post perhaps.

Anonymous

Juniors
taxidriver said:
Chook, You know nothing about my club and it also appears you are having difficulty reading.

The 4 players aren't the only 4 players developed to grade standard, they are four recent examples of players developed to the highest standard.

Fitz and Ross are both cases of players unwanted by my club, we made a clear mistake with Fitz but I'll have Ryles and Bailey over Ross any day thanks.

You've taken this post way off topic (again !), would you like another kleenex, this time to wipe the egg off your face ?

I think this post has been done to death, I'm sure you'll have your attempt at some sort of retort but I've had enough of this one for now. See you in some other post perhaps.

Ahhhh now look what youve done Chook :eek: :eek:

Youve upset it now !!

You know there is nithing more dangerous than a cranky taxi driver !! just ask the pedestrians in Marrickville :lol: :lol:

Yep, looks like you've got him/her on the run.

Funny how he/she dosn't seem to like it when his/her club is questioned. Backed up with facts, I might add.

Like I said, I consider his/her comments about buying talent a tad hypocritical seeing that STG not only bought a few juniors from other clubs but have bought an entire region (i.e. Illawarra). Oh that's right, they did it to save their skins from expulsion.

mj5150

Juniors
taxidriver said:

Why does this person insist on claiming we've taken the post off topic. Look at his/her first post. Here's a refresher-
taxidriver said:
2) The way your club operates. The Roosters have been trying to buy a comp since 1975. They succeeded in it last year but many fans and observers believe that your management uses underhanded tactics. You have a team choc full of rep. footballers., yet they never seem to have any problem buying established first graders and staying under the cap. It could be argued you also "cheated" in winning last years comp. You were fined for salary cap indiscretions surrounding Craig Wing. It may have been nowhere near the indiscretions of the dogs, but to many fans cheating is cheating.

As for those five...no wait, it's four now...players. Three of these are Illawarra Region juniors. So that's one St George junior we're back to now.
Now, admittedly, he/she never stated whether their original support was with St George or with Illawarra. This person could well be a former Illawarra supporter, in which case, his/her arguments are a little (and only a little) better. The Illawarra junior development appears to be more beneficial to the game than that of St George. Almost as good as the likes of the Newcastle region for wealth of junior talent. Does the pure act of merging with Illawarra really make this part of St George? I mean, they're still separate clubs and the merger only exists at the top level doesn't it?
I am honestly unsure of this, and please correct me if I'm wrong (it does happen from time to time ;-) ), but isn't Illawarra junior development still separate from St George junior development?

RoostarGirl

Juniors
taxidriver said:
You've taken this post way off topic (again !), would you like another kleenex.

Did somebody say Klennex???

Wasn't that supposed to be St George/Illawarra's sleeve sponsor after the 1999 Grand Final?? ;-) :lol: :lol: :lol:

At least our boys shook hands after they lost.............

Chook

First Grade
taxidriver said:

I'll be there.

Chook.

Anonymous

Juniors
I tought this post was locked ?

Anyway !! I think we have covered the subject fairly well and thanks for those posters who replied to the post !

As far as the topic goes !

Yep !! the Roosters are tall poppies < as Ricky said yes we are the favourites and we deserve to be. The same goes with being tall poppies ! the Roosters deserve to be tall poppies . We have been the most consistant team for at least the last 4 years, and i guess its better to cop shirt for being a tall poppie than it is to cop the same stuff for being a wooden spooner ......

I LOVE BEEING A SUPPORTER OF A TALL POPPIE TEAM !!

its a great feeling !!

Walshie ......

PS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! you red white n blue weat eaters !!

ozzie

Bench
well it probably shuold be locked not that conversations were over the top - but it really is now dead....

dead as a door nail - lets see if we get anymore posts in it..if any knockers want to put up original thoughts and not just the old routine ones - it may yet survive...

magpiemax

Juniors
Walshie said:
Why are The Roosters, or for that matter Rooster Supporters, Tall Poppies ?

Give us a break, Geezuz !! :roll: We have only won the thing once in 27 years ? how the ++++ does that make us tall poppies ? Some people read too many papers or actually believe the media hype ? and as far this East v West crap or the silver spoons shirt goes ? Matey !!! The mortgages are even higher in the Eastern Suburbs, that’s about all they have in front of Penrith and matey !!! I live like 350 k west of Sydney so how far west do you want to go ?

One thing you must remember is that while Penrith or Newcastle or Canberra etc may have their general supporter base in the immediate vicinity of the region they represent because of the relative newness to the competition etc, clubs like the Saints Army or Souths or The Roosters etc have been around for almost like, a hundred years :roll: :roll: and over that length of time supporters of those clubs have like moved !! :roll: :roll: We are all over the world pal, and certainly all over Australia and definitely all over NSW and absolutely all over Sydney !!

Its no longer and hasn’t been for many years, Roosters Supporters living in Bondi etc ! Wake up ! if the Roosters have been made out to be Tall Poppies, the only people to thank for that is the media and the news paper barons that have created that image in order to sell papers with headings like East V West and then make millions in TV rights etc.

They are the Tall Poppies not the rooster supporters ! geezez any one want a mortgage ? :x

OH and in case you have forgotten, Penrith Panthers make more money as a club than other club in the entire NRL ? Like 56 mil last year :shock: while Eastern Subs made 12.6 mil like nearly 350% less !! :cry: so who really are the Tall Poppies or silver spoons ??

Walshie........
i saw that stupid post that got locked on the general forum the other day,just wondering how dopey are you? i mean are you that jealous that you have a gripe against penrith for winning a comp after 12 years since they last won a comp.i mean you dont even follow a team in your locality or close to. i can understand if you once lived in bronte or coogee or something to that nature,but you seem like one of those dopes who follows the team who one the comp last.so why dont you go for the panthers next year dopey? p.s...by the sounds of you i dont think you could afford a caffe latte anyway :evil: :evil:

Fibroman

First Grade
Before I say anything about football, just let me say, Taxidriver, I LOVE IT. DeNiro is a dead set legend. I often find myself in a quandary trying to decide if I prefer his performance in Deer Hunter over his tremendous performance in Taxi Driver. One day a real rain is going to come and wash the scum off the streets of the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

The only people to even come close to De Niro in the legend stakes, are the 17 players that took the field in the GF, commonly known as the MIGHTY PANTHERS.

Unfortunately, the roosters are not only tall poppies, but also a bunch a pretty boys that only get where they have so far because the club probably fudges the salary cap each year.

Anonymous

Juniors
fibro man said:
Before I say anything about football, just let me say, Taxidriver, I LOVE IT. DeNiro is a dead set legend. I often find myself in a quandary trying to decide if I prefer his performance in Deer Hunter over his tremendous performance in Taxi Driver. One day a real rain is going to come and wash the scum off the streets of the eastern suburbs of Sydney.

The only people to even come close to De Niro in the legend stakes, are the 17 players that took the field in the GF, commonly known as the MIGHTY PANTHERS.

Unfortunately, the roosters are not only tall poppies, but also a bunch a pretty boys that only get where they have so far because the club probably fudges the salary cap each year.

Oh Crap !!

4 ordinary mistakes form us !! and one good tackle form you

that was the only difference !!

We lost the GF you didnt win it !!

Lets cee how your wonder stars go against the N zedders and the Poms ay ? :roll: :roll:

Zef

Juniors
Walshie said:
We lost the GF you didnt win it !!

Blow it out your arse Walshie. They were putting a gap on you'se by fulltime - just like they did to the Warriors and The Broncos.

If they played another 10 mins they would've layed another one or two tries on you.

Just too good - that's what happened.

fibro man said:
Wow Really?!?! :eek: Fudges the Salary Cap you say :oops: :eek: :oops: :roll:

Geez, where have I heard that before :roll:

Surely you can come up with something more ludicrous than that! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You must be fun at parties. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fibroman

First Grade
The difference between me and most of the roosters side is the fact that I can make a K-Mart shirt look real good, and the shampoo boys make pierre cardin look really average. Dirty and spiky. Minicello wears a dead set Mirken.

RoostarGirl

Juniors
fibro man said:
The difference between me and most of the roosters side is the fact that I can make a K-Mart shirt look real good, and the shampoo boys make pierre cardin look really average. Dirty and spiky. Minicello wears a dead set Mirken.

Well I reckon most girls reckon he's pretty hot along with the rest of the boys....jealousy is a curse :roll: Gower looked gorgeous after the Grand Final :lol: :lol: along with Marty Lang.

BTW who told you - you looked good in a K Mart shirt???? :roll:

Fibroman

First Grade
Dear Roostergurl,

The 22.5 inch biceps I sport in the 12 dollar t-shirt generally gets a really good response from shallow eastern suburbs girls, who are only worried about whos credit card they are going to rack the next coffee up on. :lol:

magpiemax

Juniors
roosters supporters are not tall poppies!they are just jerks who in the main dont come from the area 50% dont live there.and the other 50%can only barely afford the rent.and will never own a home there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts