What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why do they keep picking on us?

Why is it that fans from other clubs keep picking on us? They keep saying thay we are over the cap, we are kissing gallops ass, we are rorting the system! WTF is with that?

These fans from other clubs must be jealous because we have the best players in the world, we have the best leagues club, the best sponsors which any NRL team can never get in a million years and we have the best looking chicks who support our club!

Why cant the other fans pick on clubs like the Bulldogs? they are the ones who are cheating with their cap and also letting their fans get away with anything! and those players whoa reunder the sex scandal should have went to jail!

Thats my rant for now! Until next time... see yous in the chook pen!

Cheers
35-0 :D :lol:

No one is picking on you

Everyone just hates the way the Roosters are clearly over the salary cap (in my humble opinion) and nothing is ever done about it

It's not fair, especially to the clubs at the very bottom of the ladder

Hey... we have released Hegarty, Cusack to souths sydney, fittler is retiring, ricketson took a huge pay cut and hodges to the brisbane gronks. so therefore we have a huge gap in our salary cap and that gives us a chance to sign players!

Cheers

Nugby

Juniors
I gotta, say, even I'll admit the Sharks have the best cheerleaders, plus in big league you got voted the second most hated club behind the dogs, with manly coming third

I gotta, say, even I'll admit the Sharks have the best cheerleaders, plus in big league you got voted the second most hated club behind the dogs, with manly coming third

Sharks the second most hated team? Are you serious?
A lot of Dragons fans must subscribe!

The Roosters would have such a better public image if they got rid of Phil Gould
I have no idea why they want him there - he doesnt add anything to the club, yet he detracts so much

As for the salary cap, putting aside next year for now, I reckon the Roosters are WELL over the cap this year. Even though some of these players arent the best, eg Hodges, Walker, Finch, they are getting paid a fair salary. How's this for a starting 13 (all rep players in the past 12 months - except maybe Walker who is ex QLD):

1. Minichiello
2. Walker
3. Hodges
4. Wing
5. Hegarty
6. Fittler
7. Finch

13. Ricketson
12. Flannery
11. Fitzgibbon
10. Cayless
9. Crocker
8. Morley

Not to mention other in demand players being in the squad like Phillips and Cross, and players they keep talking up like Tupou and other young blokes

That's right, I reckon the Roosters are that far over the cap it's not funny. I dont expect Ian Schubert to do much about it any time soon.

ozzie

Bench
ShireShark said:
No one is picking on you

Everyone just hates the way the Roosters are clearly over the salary cap and nothing is ever done about it

It's not fair, especially to the clubs at the very bottom of the ladder

better read an article in this week's RLW - seems like we aren't over the cap - besides you pathetic efforts - two other teams are - better look at your own club !! Read the Moles article -

SaintTPP

First Grade
Morely, Tupou, Fittler, Finch, Robinson, Dorn, Phillips, Cayless, Wing, Walker...talk about buying your way to a Premiership :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ozzie

Bench
Chicken_Hunter said:
People also hate your arrogant supporters.. Your arrogant players, Your arrogant coach and Phil gould..

you see Chicken Hunter it is gooses like you that makes your team hated as well - and you call us arrogant - your in here tell us how arrogant we are?? really lok good for you!! most arrogant fool I have ever met!! outside Stidiotman

better read an article in this week's RLW - seems like we aren't over the cap - besides you pathetic efforts - two other teams are - better look at your own club !! Read the Moles article -

I dont buy RLW, I think it's shite, could you please tell me the details of this article you are talking about?

And while I dont like the Dragons' supporters because they are a bunch of gits, I must give them credit for developing most of their players (well Illawarra anyway), unlike the Roosters who do less than nothing for development.

ozzie said:
Chicken_Hunter said:
People also hate your arrogant supporters.. Your arrogant players, Your arrogant coach and Phil gould..

you see Chicken Hunter it is gooses like you that makes your team hated as well - and you call us arrogant - your in here tell us how arrogant we are?? really lok good for you!! most arrogant fool I have ever met!! outside Stidiotman

So you think i am more arrogant than your idiot supporters? Roosters fans are constantly on the high horse, they bag other teams like there is no tomorrow and think the sun shines out of their ass.. I never go on and on about how my team is gods gift to rugby league.

Oh and my team isnt hated at all..

drake

First Grade
rufus youngblood said:
Riddell,Blacklock,Kite,Barrett,Ryles,Timmons,Cooper,Withers talk about trying but failing to buy yourself a premiership
Difference is we bought 3 of the above.
as opposed to Morely, Tupou, Fittler, Finch, Robinson, Dorn, Phillips, Cayless, Wing, Walker...umm 10? Or is phillips upgraded from junior?

ozzie

Bench
ShireShark said:
The Roosters would have such a better public image if they got rid of Phil Gould
I have no idea why they want him there - he doesnt add anything to the club, yet he detracts so much

As for the salary cap, putting aside next year for now, I reckon the Roosters are WELL over the cap this year. Even though some of these players arent the best, eg Hodges, Walker, Finch, they are getting paid a fair salary. How's this for a starting 13 (all rep players in the past 12 months - except maybe Walker who is ex QLD):

1. Minichiello
2. Walker
3. Hodges
4. Wing
5. Hegarty
6. Fittler
7. Finch

13. Ricketson
12. Flannery
11. Fitzgibbon
10. Cayless
9. Crocker
8. Morley

Not to mention other in demand players being in the squad like Phillips and Cross, and players they keep talking up like Tupou and other young blokes

That's right, I reckon the Roosters are that far over the cap it's not funny. I dont expect Ian Schubert to do much about it any time soon.

are you the most stupidest person on this forum?

a lot of these players were signed on with a low (to start with) contract because when the signed the contracts they weren't rep players!! some of these players have contracts running out next year and again you will see players leaving next year. we lose Fittler, Hegarty, Cusack, etc etc.. players are having contracts upgraded sure but again - we are still under the salary cap - now I would like you to answer one question!! this will prove just how stupid you are - give me the contract price on Bryne and how much are we going to pay for Monaghan??

no, but i see youre trying hard for that title

and would you leave the name calling out of it please, i'm trying to conduct a serious discussion here and i dont need bickering from immature children like yourself. i'm not here to troll, i dont do that, i am after a rooster fans perspective and i'd prefer to converse with adults. i dont need your shit just because it's school holidays.

now back to the topic

a lot of these players were signed on with a low (to start with) contract because when the signed the contracts they weren't rep players!!
that's really beside the point in 2004 isnt it, the amount they originally signed for is irrelevant if they are on megabucks now...you cant say that it's irrelevant if youre over the cap NOW just because you werent a few years ago

we lose Fittler, Hegarty, Cusack, etc etc
fittler may be going around again
hegarty is hardly a big star and his salary will be offset by roberts
cusack i didnt even name in that team

now I would like you to answer one question!!
rightio

me the contract price on Bryne and how much are we going to pay for Monaghan??
looks like two questions to me, can you not count? and while we're at it I dont see what those questions have to do with anything

drake

First Grade
Sorry to be a spelling troll, but that's atrocious.

To quote a radio personality when a Roosters fan presented the same argument.
"I'm not saying, nor have I said your over the cap next year."
"Oh"
"No I'm saying I think your over the cap THIS year."
"oh"

Slugs

old_man_smythers said:
Hey... we have released Hegarty, Cusack to souths sydney,

Cheers

...........and what was the official line from your Management as to why they were released ???

Went something like this...........Oh they are great players and given us fantastic service over the years however we just cannot afford to keep them because of the salary cap.

Then low and behold you go on a spending spree and buy more players..that's why you are hated.....you lay the boot into your own players and try to buy other Club's up and coming star players.
Roosters and Manly have a history of it :evil: :evil:

Why don't your Management just come out and tell the truth to their players and say something like sorry guys you just are not part of our plans next year and you are free to negotiate with other Clubs and then try to deveolpe your own players.

ozzie

Bench
Slugs said:
old_man_smythers said:
Hey... we have released Hegarty, Cusack to souths sydney,

Cheers

...........and what was the official line from your Management as to why they were released ???

Went something like this...........Oh they are great players and given us fantastic service over the years however we just cannot afford to keep them because of the salary cap.

Then low and behold you go on a spending spree and buy more players..that's why you are hated.....you lay the boot into your own players and try to buy other Club's up and coming star players.
Roosters and Manly have a history of it :evil: :evil:

Why don't your Management just come out and tell the truth to their players and say something like sorry guys you just are not part of our plans next year and you are free to negotiate with other Clubs and then try to deveolpe your own players.

you are the worst I have ever seen Slugs - you seem to be able to twist the truth into Rooster bashing again...this is the sory and don't tell me I don't know what I am talking about becuae I know more than you and am closer to the club then you!!

Hegaarty was offerred a contract but before the 30 June his manager mentioned the fact he was offerred more money to play with souths - another $50,000 in fact. Don't worry about the fact he had another year of a contract to go - so Roosters said - ok "we will let him go"... it is in the family interest!! We would have kept him..

Now in the case of hodges - he was a lost cause land will remain one - no wonder we let him go...didn't turn up for trainig - didn't turn up for some other things that he was suppose to be at..better let go - Broncos now will have him - I can guarantee that if he does'nt turn his life aournd in a short while - Toowoomba will look good or he will just walk out of football - shame!!

Cusack is at close to the end of his career - he could get more money off you guys than he would off us..again look at some of the promising front ro forwards coming throug - including Shillington who has been hit with leg injuries this year..Torpou - wouldn't Souths have signed him before Cusack??

Now we buy all players - you guys are looking good for the most players being bought or is that rebuilding? - other clubs not being able to do it!!

We get canned because we are trying to rebuild a back line - I just shake my head in your stupid threads

can you do me a favour - f!!ck off and go and get a reality check!

However - while I am having a shot at you - at least this post of yours was more than a one liner - maybe you should stick with them - they suit your mentality better