What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

why dont nrl crowds sing/chant?

SBD82

Coach
It’s almost like soccer doesn’t exist in England and they should have opened up a load of pokie dens in council estates in the 80’s to keep pace.
Or they could have drawn on another economic resource, given that the UK has a significantly greater GDP than Aus.

And soccer exists here too mate. You’d like it. They sometimes sing songs. I expect that’s because Aussies know f**k all about the game. So they can’t have decent conversations about it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Or they could have drawn on another economic resource, given that the UK has a significantly greater GDP than Aus.

And soccer exists here too mate. You’d like it. They sometimes sing songs. I expect that’s because Aussies know f**k all about the game. So they can’t have decent conversations about it.
rugby league here never had the competition like rl in England of soccer. Nor the bias of southern england union toffs in the media and govt.
It’s no coincidence that as soccer took off in the 80’s RL started to struggle.
Given the wealth in the game here now I’m amazed engalnd is even close tbh to being able to compete with nrl stacked international teams. Then Throw in the migration of PI popualtion to RL cities in Australia that has stacked the comp here with naturally gifted for RL players. So much advantage.

maybe the lack of atmosphere here is why the crowds are so low for most games? Maybe some songs would help get people Off their couches?

SBD82

Coach
rugby league here never had the competition like rl in England of soccer. Nor the bias of southern england union toffs in the media and govt.
It’s no coincidence that as soccer took off in the 80’s RL started to struggle.
Given the wealth in the game here now I’m amazed engalnd is even close tbh to being able to compete with nrl stacked international teams. Then Throw in the migration of PI popualtion to RL cities in Australia that has stacked the comp here with naturally gifted for RL players. So much advantage.

maybe the lack of atmosphere here is why the crowds are so low for most games? Maybe some songs would help get people Off their couches?
Maybe all that singing is the reason that the game isn’t taken seriously in the UK?

westerntiger

Juniors
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't some of the Dogs fans used to sing Who Let The Dogs Out? Think it might have been before the game.

Because it's a soccer thing. And we also don't have the cringe AFL-style team songs being blared at the games.

Although the day when Tigers fans wake up and start chanting 'Justin out', fair enough
The Wynnum Manly song is played at Kougari Oval when the team runs onto the field and after the game when they win.

I must have been at a different game as I didn’t see 80k sharks fans, let alone hear them sing :)
Did @big boy bubby claim Sharks had 80k fans singing "Up Up Cronulla" at the 2016 GF?

I know he's a lyin' moron -- hence the reason I've had him on ignore for months -- but I didn't realise he's that insane. I suppose supporting a shit club like the Sharks for any length of time will turn anyone into a delusional dickhead.

Hahaha. The Donkey just proved he reads my posts. Especially about my post him having Grandiose Delusional disorder.
Jealousy is a curse because the Cows couldnt get that many people to a GF!!

mozza91

Coach
Because it's

8533f02516e81e312c574896797050cbdb0c5a23baea4ee4a8d983ccc0433cb5.jpg
This pretty much sums it up.

Ozzi_78

First Grade
PR and Donkey are the same person right?

Imagine being so sad that 50% of your time you spend on a footy forum whinging about Sydney clubs isn’t enough that you have to use the other 50% with a different login.

Perth Red

Post Whore
PR and Donkey are the same person right?

Imagine being so sad that 50% of your time you spend on a footy forum whinging about Sydney clubs isn’t enough that you have to use the other 50% with a different login.
Yeh, after 53k posts I need an alt lol