What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why is perth bid so secretive?!

Perth Red

Post Whore
7 million on juniors and nothing to show for it

luckily the nrl didn’t waste a similar sum on Perth
Actually it only started 2 years ago and there are already 6 Force Jnrs in the Jnr wallabies squad this year, and 2 more WA jnrs given first grade contracts for next season, so yeh nah.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Wow 14 million dollars spent to produce 6 junior wallabies. A team whose standard is on par with the tigers
Its not $7mill a year you gronk lol
Id be pretty happy if we could produce 6 Kangaroo Jnrs in 2 years!
You reap what you sow

Perth Red

Post Whore
A clear example of wasting money

im shocked you think this is a good example
Yeh producing first graders and international prospects is a terrible outcome lol I mean who'd want that from their Jnr development programs? You on the drink again?

Wb1234

Immortal
Yeh producing first graders and international prospects is a terrible outcome lol I mean who'd want that from their Jnr development programs? You on the drink again?
If any are good nrl clubs will snap them up

but with the state of Australian union we already get their best juniors and the ones left are the dregs

Perth Red

Post Whore
If any are good nrl clubs will snap them up

but with the state of Australian union we already get their best juniors and the ones left are the dregs
which has zero relevance to the fact the Force is investing in Jnrs and Rugby is reaping the reward of that
ie a perfect example of what can be achieved here with an NRL club to develop pathways.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Haha lets quickly recap this conversation

me: Twiggy can throw money around like confetti inc Jnr funding
You: Yeh but they arent producing anything
me: 6 jnr Wallabies and 2 first graders this year
you: yeh but NRl could sign them
me: it shows investing in jnr pathways reaps rewards
you: yeh but Penrith have more
me: wtf?
you: yeh but penrith st marys blah blah

you are seriously cooked mate lol

Wb1234

Immortal
If you think six juniors is a great result then you need your head checked

how many actual good players will it produce ? Prob zero

rugby league doesn’t need the tiny Perth market

Sydney is close to maximum in terms of producing juniors

then nz png and the pacific islands

Perth Red

Post Whore
If you think six juniors is a great result then you need your head checked

how many actual good players will it produce ? Prob zero

rugby league doesn’t need the tiny Perth market

Sydney is close to maximum in terms of producing juniors

then nz png and the pacific islands
6 INTERNATIONAL jnrs! in 2 years.

Be honest with yourself, if Pirates came in and within 2 years we had 6 WA kids make it to the Jnr Kangaroos squad and 2 make it into the first team would you think it was a good outcome? Take your bias glasses off and be honest!

haha no sport ever has said, 'nah we dont need more players'.

Wb1234

Immortal

Be honest with yourself, if Pirates came in and within 2 years we had 6 WA kids make it to the Jnr Kangaroos squad and 2 make it into the first team would you think it was a good outcome? Take your bias glasses off and be honest!

Making junior kangaroos is way harder than junior wallabies lmao

anybody can make junior wallabies they have no players

Making the Junior Wallabies team in 2023 isn't a remarkable feat.

Has RU in Australia ever had less talent in its system than it does ATM?

A League has no main presence on Australian TV and coverage on mainstream media across the country is poor.

What has the Glory got to do with a Rugby League team?

NBL is niche like the A-League. Wildcats have been the best sporting team in Australia over the last 40 years. Their success has drawn strong support from Western Australians.

NSL was more niche than the A-League. Perth Glory were drawing 14k to its games in the dying days of the NSL. Perth were the dominant team in the NSL from 1998 to 2004.

Western Australians love to support a team that is dominant against teams from the east coast. When their teams become ordinary the support dries up.

I cannot see a Perth-based NRL team being anything but a cellar-dweller. Marquee players will prefer to stay on the east coast. Cumins is no Forrest.

How will a team generate third party payments to lure stars to Perth when NRL players have no marketing power the city?

It's not like Brisbane and Sydney where everyone knows of Tedesco, Reynolds, Walsh and Smith.

Last edited:

Latest posts