What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why we will beat the Titans

Windy70

Juniors
I think we have enough in our favour to win come Monday night.

Alot of confidence coming from not only the win but also the big Zero points scored against us. Were some good signs in the first game and if it at least continues if not improves we should win.

I expect a much better and more creative game from Dykes. He missed the trials so last week was his first run to get his eye in and feel things out in play.

Considering the weather factor last week Kimmorley's kicking game should be even better this week. Accuracy being crucial with preston at the back.

Our forwards will be better for it and did well last week. As long as they maintain it they should dominate.

Walker is out so that may slow down their desire to go wide as often (and as fast) as they do.

Injury cloud over prince, although he'll play for sure.

I beleive the one thing Ricky will bring is stability/consistency. So I'm backing that. If we improve we will surely win if not we still should win.

Titans performed last week far better than the pennies did but I think the win from the sharks after such a sh*t losing streak was like hitting the reset button.

Any other thoughts on why we will win this game?. A test.

Sutho_Sharks

Juniors
I think they can. Odd are against us around $2.15 (worth a bet) which I dont understand why, Titans were far from impressive in their first match while the sharks could have easily put more points on the penrith panseys.

Inferno

Coach

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I think we are a better chance considering the way the panthers played tonight! They took the dogs to school!

The Nulla

Juniors
Exactly snoop. All the focus last week was on the panthers woefullness rather then our defence. Tonight probably shows the defence was underrated.

Like you Windy, I think that Ricky will be able to bring stability to the club, i.e. get them in the right mindframe for matches.

Its funny how you mention the weather though, I had a look yesterday and they are predicting rain on Monday, so could well be similar conditions to last week... That would make me even more confident.

On the other hand, the turnaround by Penrith tonight just shows how unpredictable the league is... anything could happen, but im quietly confident.

Another point is fitness of forwards, last week Titans only had Lafranchi play more then 70 minutes, they rotate the forwards more often using interchanges, they have lost stosic off bench this week and Josh Graham goes onto bench weakening there pack.

Conversley we had Williams & Bird with 80 minutes & Thompson 70 plus, our forwards, ther are stronger, allowing bench to do more damage, play it in the forwards, making Titans backs do the rucking work as well, should set us up for to get over titans in last 30

Inferno

Coach
Snoop Shark said:
I think we are a better chance considering the way the panthers played tonight! They took the dogs to school!

What does how well the panthers played tonight have to do with our chances. They were woefull last week. Just because they had a great game tonight does not make our effort any better.

Windy70

Juniors
I try not to pay too much attention to the first few rounds. Year after year it proves random and un-predictable. Who here honestly backed penrith to beat the dogs? I backed Knights over the saints but missed the penrith / dogs game.

We will need intense defence this week...but I'm confident, based on the last game and the changes made that we will win.

And Nulla.....This is queensland mate...no such thing as "similar" weather. lol.

Beautiful one day..........perfect the next.:eek:

hehe

Thomo.

First Grade
panthers played much better last night, although they still made some errors.

i'm quietly confident about Monday night. but consistency is the key. and yes after seeing a replay of the game - our defences needs to be at the same intensity and level

shadowboxer

First Grade
What does how well the panthers played tonight have to do with our chances. They were woefull last week. Just because they had a great game tonight does not make our effort any better.
exactly - it is only round two, for all we know they might hand us a whipping up there, probally the hardest game to tip all round.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Windy70 said:
I try not to pay too much attention to the first few rounds. Year after year it proves random and un-predictable. Who here honestly backed penrith to beat the dogs? I backed Knights over the saints but missed the penrith / dogs game.

We will need intense defence this week...but I'm confident, based on the last game and the changes made that we will win.

And Nulla.....This is queensland mate...no such thing as "similar" weather. lol.

Beautiful one day..........perfect the next.:eek:

hehe

:)

The scum let me down though :x

spider

Coach
if our forwards do not molest their pack and traditionally not phone the next day ill give it up

Thomo.

First Grade
SpiderShark said:
if our forwards do not molest their pack and traditionally not phone the next day ill give it up

:sarcasm: :sarcasm: :crazy:
Bahahahahahahaha!

good points there WIndy - i hope you are right

Ausguy

Coach
its important we win on monday, the souths game is now no longer a certainty it was before the beginning of the year, we need to be the 7th team to be 2 from 2. Also a massive head start on dogs and broncos after they both are 0 from 2.

Shorty

Staff member
The Titans were very competitive last Sunday,they almost won the game.
I wouldn't be too confident.

Shorty

Staff member
Dragon Slayer said:
Yeah if we lose.......

But you look like a fool now and you've nothing.
....If I look like a fool,sign up to be a new stooge:lol:

Latest posts