What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wild Card Weekend - reports NRL looking to expand finals to ten teams

Are you in favour of the proposed Wildcard Weekend?

• Total voters
So is your complaint because you didn't make it? I watch an immense amount of lower level football, and the talent is not there.

Just go back and watch the 1995 and 1996 seasons when there were 20 teams running around in the ARL. Every club had two or three good players, but at some clubs the drop off talent wise to players 4-5 and beyond in those squads was quite marked. Many of them were no better than reserve graders.

Stallion

First Grade
So is your complaint because you didn't make it? I watch an immense amount of lower level football, and the talent is not there.

Nope. I have my story and plenty of footballers, more talented than myself were cut before I met my demise (last 30 from an original train on squad of 300)

Stallion

First Grade
Just go back and watch the 1995 and 1996 seasons when there were 20 teams running around in the ARL. Every club had two or three good players, but at some clubs the drop off talent wise to players 4-5 and beyond in those squads was quite marked. Many of them were no better than reserve graders.

States the experienced one who no doubt participated in the trial process as a player! ?
BTW. The footy was enjoyable back then despite the onerous superleague scenario looming in the background.

unforgiven

Bench
Nope. I have my story and plenty of footballers, more talented than myself were cut before I met my demise (last 30 from an original train on squad of 300)
Once again you a providing tainted evidence to support your arguments. Of course those footballers are going to think there is plenty of talent, they are biased as they didn't make the grade. You actually have no idea the level others in this discussion made it to and your opinion is not evidence.

unforgiven

Bench
Was not rude at all? Unless you were not or did not trial for an NRL club? You are the one suggesting players were not good enough! That's rude! Definitely not me.
No you are suggesting his opinion is not valid because he did not trial for a club, what a rude and stupid comment. The players you are talking about are not good enough, that is why they didn't make it. See that is evidence, not the made up rubbish you post.

Stallion

First Grade
No you are suggesting his opinion is not valid because he did not trial for a club, what a rude and stupid comment. The players you are talking about are not good enough, that is why they didn't make it. See that is evidence, not the made up rubbish you post.

States an expert whom was a trialist no doubt!? The rude part is still what I've noticed. As a former sportsman I think it's valid.

Canard

Immortal
Why do all the wackjobs claim to have been gun junior footballers?

Delusions of grandeur? Mental instability? Internet boasting?

unforgiven

Bench
States an expert whom was a trialist no doubt!? The rude part is still what I've noticed. As a former sportsman I think it's valid.
I don't need to post my level of accomplishment to have a valid opinion on this matter and your level of achievement is invalid as an argument. There is a large drop off in quality between NRL and the state based leagues. The large majority of players playing in those state based leagues are not good enough for NRL rosters.

unforgiven

Bench

Mate, it is such a rubbish argument isn't it. Even if he did trial, he wasn't good enough so is probably where this argument is coming from.

I don't need to post my level of accomplishment to have a valid opinion on this matter and your level of achievement is invalid as an argument. There is a large drop off in quality between NRL and the state based leagues. The large majority of players playing in those state based leagues are not good enough for NRL rosters.

Some players may have the talent but they lack the discipline and/or application to make it to NRL level. How many times have you heard an NRL player, when asked to name the most talented player they've played with, name someone unknown who they played with/against in junior rep matches? I can remember Robbie and Lenny Beckett (who played NRL for the Panthers, and for the Eagles and Knights respectively) whilst both talented, the most talented of the siblings was the eldest brother Danny. Thing was Danny didn't like to train, and loved the social life too much, so he was never better than a park footballer.

So it is possible that there are talented players out there who aren't in the NRL. The ting is they don't have the desire or will to do what is necessary to be an NRL player.

Hence the adage that the best footballers have usually been identified by the time they reach under 19s football.

DC_fan

Coach
Move the game to 3pm then it won’t matter if there is a public holiday the day after, that way people can get back home regardless where they have travelled from, instead of spending hours waiting for the train to get you out of Homebush at 11pm.

The NRL are never going to change the time

Stallion

First Grade

Noticed you had referee in your allies! Perhaps I've played against you in junior rep games? Please inform. I had a go ! Did you?

Canard

Immortal
Noticed you had referee in your allies! Perhaps I've played against you in junior rep games? Please inform. I had a go ! Did you?

Edit: I now realise what you are hopelessly referring to.

I assume you mean avatar? Allies???

It's pretty telling that you think those arbitrary titles (based on post counts) mean anything in real life

Last edited:

Latest posts