What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie "I HATE SOUTHS"

Freddy's Girl

Juniors
Eels Dude said:
I don't see how Wing disrespected the club. He gave them his full service for year on end and when his contract was over he signed with Souths, given the situation when he left in the first place it was only going to be natural for them to celebrate it the way they did. It was easily South's decision to heavily publicise it. The Roosters started it in the first place too, by announcing Wing was leaving to join Souths on their website before any announcement was made by Wing or Souths. The Roosters got what they deserved.

Wing was still under contract and playing for the roosters. He showed no respect to our club. No one has done it and I doubt people would accept that sh*t tbh. Yes we announced it on the website, we shouldn't have. Regardless we both know even if we didn't, they still would have paraded wing around. You think they can get home banners and highlight packages ready in 24 hours? They planned it for a while. I'm not disagreeing with you on mason, he was no better, worse, most likely, I'm not denying that. Neither went out the right way.

dice

Juniors
Dogaholic said:
When he played for the Dogs he hated the Roosters more than any other team actually.

That explains why he moved to the eastern suburbs and hung out with the roosters players whilst still with the Bulldogs.

Freddy's Girl said:
Wing was still under contract and playing for the roosters. He showed no respect to our club. No one has done it and I doubt people would accept that sh*t tbh. Yes we announced it on the website, we shouldn't have. Regardless we both know even if we didn't, they still would have paraded wing around. You think they can get home banners and highlight packages ready in 24 hours? They planned it for a while. I'm not disagreeing with you on mason, he was no better, worse, most likely, I'm not denying that. Neither went out the right way.

The point many people are making is that the situation of mason leaving the dogs was much worse than wings departure.

You saying "he is no better or worse most likely" just isnt going to wallpaper over that blunt issue.

Originally Posted by Dogaholic
When he played for the Dogs he hated the Roosters more than any other team actually.

dice said:
That explains why he moved to the eastern suburbs and hung out with the roosters players whilst still with the Bulldogs.

What mason says and what mason does can be two entirely different things.

Eels Dude

Coach
Freddy's Girl said:

Parramatta did the same thing when we signed Mark Riddell. Had a huge press conference to sign him I think even with him having a Parra jersey on. Definately the wrong way to go about it but I put the blame on the Parramatta club, and not Riddell.

Mason was much worse, he went out of his way to criticize the club's culture and played up to the media himself. Then as soon as Steve Folkes made a couple of overdue comments about the club being better off, he wrote a newspaper column making a personal attack on him. The Wing situation is nothing compared to what Mason put the Bulldogs club and their fans through.

mattyg

Bench
Eels Dude said:
Parramatta did the same thing when we signed Mark Riddell. Had a huge press conference to sign him I think even with him having a Parra jersey on. Definately the wrong way to go about it but I put the blame on the Parramatta club, and not Riddell.

Mason was much worse, he went out of his way to criticize the club's culture and played up to the media himself. Then as soon as Steve Folkes made a couple of overdue comments about the club being better off, he wrote a newspaper column making a personal attack on him. The Wing situation is nothing compared to what Mason put the Bulldogs club and their fans through.

exactly right, and we'll make our feelings well known to mason when he fronts up to play against us in round 4...this is of course unless he sustains a mystery injury before hand.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Thank you Eels dude, finally a level headed impartial look at both situations and their effect on each club and it's fans.

Well said.

eels_fan_01

Bench
Who the hell cares if a player is involved in a press conference while hes still under contract seriously its a business, you know they are going there next year.

Wearing the jersey is a bit too much but Wing wasnt, he was in a suit.

yobbo84

Coach
Roosterphin1 said:
The irony of Souths so called "Book of Fueds" is that if it wasnt for the Roosters powerbrokers standing up against Super League and also their support to get them back into the comp the Rabbits would be playing Wentworthville at Redfern Oval this Friday

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. :lol::crazy:

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

yobbo84

Coach
Freddy's Girl said:

Gotta laugh at Rooster logic. 5 minutes of showmanship on the part of PHaC and Crowe is somewhat comparable to repeated, dragged out, verbal bashing between a club and it's player. Right.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Max Power said:
Speaks volumes for the sort of club they are.

What speaks volumes is the Used Car Salesman trying to spoil the news that he was going to sign.

It was never going to happen that way, but after that cheap stunt by your club, I support how they went about it.

Your club can go and get pharked.

Roosterphin1

Juniors
Ziggy the God said:
What speaks volumes is the Used Car Salesman trying to spoil the news that he was going to sign.

It was never going to happen that way, but after that cheap stunt by your club, I support how they went about it.

Your club can go and get pharked.

Bollocks it was never going to happen that way. Like OVP said there is no way they could have got all that material together in two days

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Roosterphin1 said:
Bollocks it was never going to happen that way. Like OVP said there is no way they could have got all that material together in two days

Material?

Do you mean the video highlights? We have guys that do that inhouse. In fact, they have a montage done on each game, that is shown only 1 hour after the game in the members lounge at Telstra. Next.

Do you mean the pics of Wing in the background? Give me any pic and I am certain I could have it printed on those same boards within 1 hour. Next.

Do you mean the press conference? I guess calling the press in the morning would be enough, after all it is their job. Next.

Nick wanted to spoil the news. Maybe if he put as much energy into coming up with ideas on the NRL Board, the game could be further infront than it is.

Oh sorry, I forgot that he is in the pocket of the same Buffoon that shows our games on the box. How stupid of me, I take it all back.