What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

Spot On

Coach
I bet he would sign in a heartbeat now though! We were beggars then. How things have changed.

Yep, gotta love it. He would be begging now. Begging I say. Meh throw him a bone, a ridiculous amount of clauses in his contract to really piss him off and a few dollars as well. Not much though. Incentive, performance based stuff.

Haffa

Yep, gotta love it. He would be begging now. Begging I say. Meh throw him a bone, a ridiculous amount of clauses in his contract to really piss him off and a few dollars as well. Not much though. Incentive, performance based stuff.
That actually sounds like we'd be offering the same contract as last time.

Spot On

Coach
That actually sounds like we'd be offering the same contract as last time.

Oh the irony. His position hasn't changed - he's desperate - but Newcastle's has. We have the best of everything now William. You like?

Burwood

Bench
I'd be pissed if we offered him the same contract as last time. He's older, hasn't played competitive league in a long time, played out his last contract negotiations through the media and made us look stupid.

The guy should be offered the absolute lowest contract possible. If that isn't possible because we already did that last time, then so long Willie :D

According to the telegraph today he or his management (unclear in the press article) has 'discussed' Newcastle as a destination. As much as people won't like it Wayne has expressed his admiration for the big unit in the press before. I hope that is where it starts and ends.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
I wouldn't mind seeing him play for us. I still think he is capable of playing a dominant game.

Imagine him and Laurie off the bench and both were in top form, WOW!

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Id have no issue with us signing Mason. He played well for the cows and I feel would offer the club a forward leader to compliment snowden.

jb2

Juniors
If he joined the knights ( which I hope not ) What I want to know is Willie stay or Willie go ?

Willie stay if we make the top 4 this year ?
Willie go if the Bulldogs do a backflip and offer him a $650k contract ?

billy2

Juniors
Talking of Mason's, in the latest video clip on the Knights site they show a fair bit of Rodney Mason, and he has had a dramatic change in body shape - he looks super fit.

Matt23

Staff member
...I'm hoping those rumours are false, although has been in town a lot lately :?

KempoKnight

Juniors
I dont see why people would be that pissed about it if we did sign him. It would be on a minimum 2nd tier contract. Id be pleased having mason as a backup for that kind of coin.

Matt23

Staff member
...he brings an off field distraction, and could be viewed as a bad influence

Rolla

Juniors
I really hope this isn't true.

Offers very little on the field and is a cancer off it. This would be extremely disappointing if true.

God-King Dean

Immortal
I think Newcastle is the only club he has any chance at. You really think Bennett will let him derail the team?

When it becomes a strong rumour you have to sit up and take notice. If it is in fact real then i would like to know how it was able to be done on a salary cap level. So will the other 15 clubs.

Latest posts