What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

Spot On

Coach
I know Gidley, Boyd and Snowden are on good dollars but the rest wouldn't hold a candle to some of the money a lot of the players at other clubs are on. Who else do we have that would be on 250K plus??? Whoever it is, they sure haven't shown they should be able to command it going on the past few seasons.

Last edited:

Jono078

Referee
Mullen always shows good signs early in the season then crumble once mentioned as a possibility to play rep.

Bennett worked wonders for Soward, there's lots of hope for Mullen.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Mullen always shows good signs early in the season then crumble once mentioned as a possibility to play rep.

Bennett worked wonders for Soward, there's lots of hope for Mullen.

Mullens also had a bad record of picking up injuries throughout the season and then playing on putting off the surgery. I'd say this has a more telling impact on his decline from early season form.

On Mason, I would be OK with the club signing him. People say he's a cancer and a distraction, but is this still the case? When was the last time people have heard of an example of him having a negative impact on a team? The last time that I can rememer is when he was playing for the roosters over 2.5 years ago. From all reports, he was an asset for the cowboys.

Pea Heart? Mullen is probably one of the toughest players in our team. He has a very high pain threshold and has played injured here for a lot of his career.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Mullen is a pea-heart. That's his biggest problem.

Rubbish... As someone that's dealt with shoulder subluxations in the past, it is always a major concern to continue playing sport without giving the shoulder enough rest and physiotherapy to become stable.

Mullen has shown incredible toughness to play out seasons after subluxing his shoulders. Many players would opt for the surgery rather then risk having every single tackle become 'that' tackle that would result in one of the most painful footy injuries available.

You either have no clue, or have an agenda against Mullen. Either way it's :crazy:

Mullo will kill it this season. I expect him to be right in the thick of it for origin selection. Bennett will make him stick to a plan each week and it will be tailor made for him. Just wait.

Old_Timer

Juniors
Willie would be absolute godsend for your mob. In two weeks he would have your club in utter chaos. Please have him on board before round one.

Frederick

Staff member
Mullo us certainly no pea heart. He's got more heard and pride than most out there.

However he does have the mental strength of a midget, and more often than not when the pressure is on he falls to pieces. You can't question his commitment or ability, however his mental toughness is his Achilles heel. Hopefully Wayne can instill him with the confidence he needs to take games by the scruff of the neck week after week, and get him playing the consistently good football we all know he's capable of.

Frederick

Staff member
Ftr I would like to see mason here, but only on an incentive based contract with about a thousand clauses in it. On his day there's no more damaging runner of the ball.

Rolla

Juniors
Ftr I would like to see mason here, but only on an incentive based contract with about a thousand clauses in it. On his day there's no more damaging runner of the ball.

Might be only me who thinks this (probably is), but i don't think he is that damaging a ball runner at all (even when he is in form). He has the size and pace but for mine has always played well below his weight and potential.

Joker's Wild

Coach
I saw Mullo run through frontrowers to score against the Titans a few years back.

If thats not playing to your weight and potential I dont know what is.

RABK

Referee
Might be only me who thinks this (probably is), but i don't think he is that damaging a ball runner at all (even when he is in form). He has the size and pace but for mine has always played well below his weight and potential.

Mason always played below his weight and potential? Were you born in 2006? Mason was easily the games most damaging ball runner 2001-2005. He always attracted 3 or 4 defenders and still averaged 130m+

Sure since 2006 he has been all over the place and it's a shame really because as fred said, on his day no one is a more damaging ball runner but the hate of Mason goes to far when it discredits what really was a great career.

I'm impartial to his so called mental problems because i know the DT has a huge agenda against him and beat up a lot of what he does. He is a ratbag who likes the grog, not a rapist and murderer. EG DT headline "MASONS DRUNKEN OUTBURST ON TEAM MATES" Reality = Mason told Mitchell Pearce to f**k off at the coogee bay when Pearce asked him if he would kiss the fat girl on the dance floor. Overheard by some punter on the hate on mason brigade who rings bourbon bec for his 15 seconds of fame.

I also wouldn't mind him here - the same reasons as Laurie and Tahu. Because everybody knows how they CAN play and our coach is???

Last edited:

Spot On

Coach

No your not the only one. Can't count the amount of times fans have used the "he is a damaging ball runner' line. Circa 2004/2005 off the back of the Dogs props - yes. Since then - no.

bluesbreaker

Bench
Rubbish... As someone that's dealt with shoulder subluxations in the past, it is always a major concern to continue playing sport without giving the shoulder enough rest and physiotherapy to become stable.

Mullen has shown incredible toughness to play out seasons after subluxing his shoulders. Many players would opt for the surgery rather then risk having every single tackle become 'that' tackle that would result in one of the most painful footy injuries available.

You either have no clue, or have an agenda against Mullen. Either way it's :crazy:

Coming from you i'll take that as a compliment. Your love-affair with Ben Cross comes to mind when i think of your knowledge of rugby league.

My agenda against Mullen is that he is a bad player. He falls apart under pressure or as soon as rep is mentioned that's it for him for the season. That's heart.

Mullen is a pea-heart... And also a mental midget, nice call Fred.

Last edited:

Latest posts