What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Willie Mason

Mullen has to aim up. No question. Otherwise he will be gone next year. He has a huge leg up with Boyd able to alleviate his playmaker responsibilities to a degree. Boyd is a natural ball player.

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
Coming from you i'll take that as a compliment. Your love-affair with Ben Cross comes to mind when i think of your knowledge of rugby league.

My agenda against Mullen is that he is a bad player. He falls apart under pressure or as soon as rep is mentioned that's it for him for the season. That's heart.

Mullen is a pea-heart... And also a mental midget, nice call Fred.

So in order to reply to my comment, you bring up Ben Cross? Nice one! Clutching at straws much... For the record, Ben Cross had a very unlucky time with injuries yet he did show what he is capable with his performance in the 07 Grand final and a number of other games for the knights. But hey, I guess in your mind he was on par with Dan Tolar..

On Mullen I notice you didn't acknowledge at all that he HAS played the last few seasons with serious injuries that would make just about any player lose form. [FONT=&quot]Confirmation bias much?[/FONT][FONT=&quot] :roll:[/FONT]

Coastbloke

Bench
A mate just called and reckons he heard on Fox Sports Matty Johns say Mason is talking to 2 clubs with Newcastle the Favourite...

red and blue

Juniors
A mate just called and reckons he heard on Fox Sports Matty Johns say Mason is talking to 2 clubs with Newcastle the Favourite...
I watched fox sports and they said that Willie Mason was expected to sign a contract with a club to be anounced within the week.
It said it was between 2 clubs the question was asked by one of the panel was 1 of the clubs Newcastle.
The girl who gave the news said that Mason had not anounced who the 2 clubs were.
Then one of the panel said he had spoke to people in Newcastle and they had said that they were not in the running for him.
Read in to to that what you will I guess all will be reaveled soon enough.

Johns Magic

Referee
Lara Pitt said she had spoken to Mason's manager who had confirmed that Mason would be back playing in the NRL soon.

The manager said it was between two clubs, but when pressed he wouldn't elaborate on who they were.

Warren Smith then said the rumours had been the Knights and Tigers, and Matt Johns said "I reckon the Knights".

Lara Pitt then said she had contacted the Knights earlier today to ask about it, and they said they didn't know about it(or words to that effect).

She then said that Mason's manager had said an announcement will be made within a week.

I'm hopeful but not sure we will sign him. The Tigers releasing Mitch Brown last week may have something to do with it.

Nuffy

Bench
I wonder whether this has anything to do with the recent talk about Bennett being worried about the pack and seeking out props such as Jeff Lima.

Maybe this is his plan B

bails

Juniors
Lara Pitt said she had spoken to Mason's manager who had confirmed that Mason would be back playing in the NRL soon.

The manager said it was between two clubs, but when pressed he wouldn't elaborate on who they were.

Warren Smith then said the rumours had been the Knights and Tigers, and Matt Johns said "I reckon the Knights".

Lara Pitt then said she had contacted the Knights earlier today to ask about it, and they said they didn't know about it(or words to that effect).

She then said that Mason's manager had said an announcement will be made within a week.

I'm hopeful but not sure we will sign him. The Tigers releasing Mitch Brown last week may have something to do with it.

I was pretty sure it was Mark Geyer who said the two clubs were the
knights and Panthers.

Burwood

Bench
Seems strange to not have it playing out in the media every day. Mason has been unusually quiet in the media compared to other contract negotiation times.

Yosh

Coach
Seems strange to not have it playing out in the media every day. Mason has been unusually quiet in the media compared to other contract negotiation times.

WB told him to be quiet?

Happy to sign him. Not upset if we don't. Cherry Evans asked for an out in 2013 and got knocked back. The player market is crazy. It is a joke.

1. Boyd
6. Mullen
7. DCE
9. Kidley
Coach: WB

Just give us the premiership already...

DCE would be commanding huge dollars, 450k + especially if he plays origin this year which is pretty much a given barring injury.

RABK

Referee
Remember when Yosh would name in those 'Knights team in *insert year*' threads a star studded, origin quality 10 million dollar side? If i hear even a tinkle (lol) that we are interested in DCE i might start believing Yosh dreams are coming true.

slotmachine

First Grade
We need more big bodies, so this isn't a bad thing for a short term deal.

We look very small compared to the Broncos.

Whats Doing

Bench
Hasn't he played very little football over the last 12 months including twiddling his thumbs playing centre in union.

Johns Magic

Referee
I was pretty sure it was Mark Geyer who said the two clubs were the
knights and Panthers.

It might've been sorry, whoever it was spoke over the top of Pitt who I was listening more keenly to.

Knights and Tigers were the rumours a couple of weeks ago so I assumed it was those two again, I might've only caught the Knights part.

Yosh

Coach
Hey Yosh, did you have any luck getting the NRL in SK..??

Yeah sure! I've watched both games live on the internet. Do you want me to PM you the site?

Or this some sort of attack... I can't tell scarcasm on the internet:?

Latest posts