What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Women's NRL

T-Boon

Coach
Here's my idea

It's only a 3 week comp.

Why don't Sharks and Souths come together and make a tri series at the same time.

Games played at SCGS and Redfern, split gate takings 50/50, members free.

Call it the Exile Cup, and when both teams get admitted to the comp (ha!) We can't continue the rivalry by still playing for that trophy.

This way we can still retain our respected squads, the girls still play and get paid, and absolute 0% of profit will go to the NRL

This is such gold (start with a schism - so rugby league!!!).
Good work.

Canard

Immortal
Which part gave it away?

Was it where I inferred that the NRLW would be of a far superior quality or the part where I felt this had the potential for the public to really get behind it?

The skills of League are extremely basic, was the obvious sign.

AFL troll.

jack coburn

Juniors
Without taking the piss it looks like the nrl have checked the crystal ball and have looked at 2 sides that will make the finals in roosters and saints and thought they would pick the women’s side to be there as well. Would be hilarious if both don’t make it.

Jizmos

Juniors
Looking at your post history it's obvious.

Your opinion on any matter related to the game is meaningless.

Delete your account.

Confirmation bias at its finest.

Just because we find the package of the product entertaining doesn't mean the skills involved are necessarily that difficult.
Don't be so f**king precious.

Stallion

First Grade

Just because we find the package of the product entertaining doesn't mean the skills involved are necessarily that difficult.

The on ball skills in rugby league league and the skill and timing involved in affecting a tackle are supreme. All of which are in bucket loads for this very underrated code of football.

T-Boon

Coach

The RL skills aren't necessarily that technical but the difficulty is you actually have to be good at them in a clinical way under physical threat whereas with AFL there are just no standards of precision at all. EG, you only need to almost catch the ball.
The reason WAFL looks so bad is that the game itself is inherently pretty random and disorganised. When you ad to the mix that the girls have not played the game before it is comical. Like under 6s soccer.

Stallion

First Grade
The RL skills aren't necessarily that technical but the difficulty is you actually have to be good at them in a clinical way under physical threat whereas with AFL there are just no standards of precision at all. EG, you only need to almost catch the ball.
The reason WAFL looks so bad is that the game itself is inherently pretty random and disorganised. When you ad to the mix that the girls have not played the game before it is comical. Like under 6s soccer.

And "AFL" is essentially a training run! Let's be clear on that gents!

Canard

Immortal

Back to BigFooty for you my trolly friend.

You know less about Rugby League then T-Boon

siv

First Grade
There is a reference to a Womens Championship in Jun 1-3 in the W-NRL announcement

What is that ?

Its not the W-NSWRL premiership or the W-SOO series

Nuke

Staff member
I'd like to think it's a opportunity for womens teams all over the country (yes, not just Tarsha Gale Cup NSW teams, Queensland teams, ect) to play in a competition that allows the WNRL player recruiters a chance of seeing who's out there and potentially signing up players who, with a bit of elite athlete training, ect, could make it into the WNRL competition (not necessarily for the 4-team 2018 comp, but future years and future teams).

It would be a great way to build up the standard of womens players who aren't in the Jillaroos / KiwiFerns squads.

Again, I'd also like to think that clubs like South Sydney, Cronulla, Newcastle, ect, who aren't in the inaugural WNRL comp will submit a team to, again, hopefully show who's out there and who might be included in the 2019 or 2020 WNRL comps.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The big issue was the nrl’s typical half arsed approach to this. They didn’t want to spend the necessary so have created a poxy competition that makes us look like a joke.

Where as afl made sure there was enough funds to cover teams expenses and therefore had all the clubs wanting a team, the nrl only put up $50k a team and insisted interested clubs cover any shortfall. Cronulla lost $2.5million last year, it’s no wonder they didn’t put their hand up for a team. From the commentary it sounds like the 4 clubs that got teams were the only 4 to agree to cover costs.

If the nrl had put up $150k a team like afl for 8 teams I can guarantee they would have had 16 clubs Bangingg on their door.

Latest posts