What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World All Stars

POPEYE

Coach
May as well expand and go all out racial profiling.

The aboriginal team
The white team
The Polynesian team

And any other ethnic based team we can think of.

I've said this before, this is a ridiculous and inherently racist concept.

Maybe the good racist concepts can go some of the way towards negating the bad racist concepts, lets certain people know we'll embrace what is necessary and abhor what is not. If we, Australians, accept we owe the downtrodden then those that don't embrace Australia can expect to not be embraced

bobmar28

Bench
May as well expand and go all out racial profiling.

The aboriginal team
The white team
The Polynesian team

And any other ethnic based team we can think of.

I've said this before, this is a ridiculous and inherently racist concept.

That comment sounds racist.

Perth Red

Post Whore
I thought the idea of multi cultural is we celebrate each other's race, culture, nationality or beliefs. Not deny that they exist? It would be funny to see the outrage if it was suggested that an Anglo-Saxon heritage team was needed though lol.

TheVelourFog

First Grade
the Indigenous All-Stars is a good idea which they are trying to shoe-horn into this ridiculous concept that makes no sense and won't work as stated.

Mascord is right as usual.

They need to pick four players from Aus, nz and england. That leaves five.

Two of the three Fijian wingers should be there. Garcia to represent France. The last two should be from the PNG hunters. Hurrell at a stretch because he's from Tonga.

None of this segeyaro or mead bullshit. They need to be players born and bred overseas and who actually play for those countries. Otherwise it's just NRL all stars in disguise and a joke.

hutch

First Grade
Mascord is right as usual.

They need to pick four players from Aus, nz and england. That leaves five.

Two of the three Fijian wingers should be there. Garcia to represent France. The last two should be from the PNG hunters. Hurrell at a stretch because he's from Tonga.

None of this segeyaro or mead bullshit. They need to be players born and bred overseas and who actually play for those countries. Otherwise it's just NRL all stars in disguise and a joke.

This! What is the point of picking players such as Milford as "Samoans" when they don't play for Samoa!

Perth Red

Post Whore
If they have thrown their hat in the ring for that country I'm happy to see them represent them in this as well. Players should have to nominate for a Country and not be allowed to change their minds between World Cup periods. They should also have to actually represent that country In qualifiers, not just turn up at World Cup time after others have got them to the finals.

MrAnonymous

Bench
2016 and we still have teams based on race. Australia f**king annoys me sometimes. All stars is SOO. We dont need shit like this burning players out risking injuries before trials even begin just to keep a race happy.

POPEYE

Coach
2016 and we still have teams based on race. Australia f**king annoys me sometimes. All stars is SOO. We dont need shit like this burning players out risking injuries before trials even begin just to keep a race happy.

Of course not you f**kwit, we're too busy keeping the media happy with bullshit immortals and DM's all year to worry about letting Indigenous Australians have their 15 minutes in the sun as a group

Parra

Referee
Will they do a bit of phrenology as a lead up to the match? Get Candie in to check for lumps?

Is there any other example of this type of selection/qualification system in modern sport?

POPEYE

Coach
Will they do a bit of phrenology as a lead up to the match? Get Candie in to check for lumps?

Is there any other example of this type of selection/qualification system in modern sport?

You need to spend a bit of time in a bush town and interact with Indigenous Australians . . . a great learning curve for the pretentious

siv

First Grade
Maybe just call these international NRL players the Convicts

Since the were deported to our vast land

Parra

Referee
Barbarians, does anyone ask how they feel being profiled?

Neither of the teams you mentioned involve selection criteria based on notions of "race".

It is one thing to have a nickname that might offend or be misconstrued. A different thing altogether to base selections on this sort of thinking.

Parra

Referee
You need to spend a bit of time in a bush town and interact with Indigenous Australians . . . a great learning curve for the pretentious

Stick your segregation policy popeye. I am not being pretentious here - this is as plain as it can put it for you.

Race is a social construct. Invented by a position of superiority. So f**k off with your pretentious and fake ideology.

_Johnsy

Referee
A Pommie (roughyedspud), telling Indigenous Australians that it's just a token game ie, means nothing.

Yep, heard it all.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Its a representative team. It's a team picked to represent the first australians. It's not simply a black team, otherwise guys like greg bird or beau champion would not be picked. Do you guys complain that kiwis don't get picked in origin teams, that aussies don't get picked for the all-black etc. Talk about picking a 'white' team, there'd be no such thing just as their isn't such thing as a 'black' team. If australians of British heritage wanted to form a team I wouldn't have a problem, but I think you'd find it hard to find numbers as no one in australia considers themselves British-australians anymore. We consider ourselves just australians, and there's a team selected to represent them, it's called the Australian Kangaroos. We have many representative teams at all levels of the game, we have the latino heat for south American players for example, various state teams, there's a police team to represent police officers, navy army and airforce have teams, teams for the disabled etc. We are lucky that the team picked to represent our first australians is of such talent that we need to pick the best of the nrl to play them, that the game itself can be a showcase of not only indigenous culture but rugby league itself, and the game can also help with alot of community work. The game is played in such a great spirit yet so many have such a huge problem with it?