What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge discussion

Acka

Coach
Screw the teams and the match. Im purely going to watch the crowd and watch how really insignificant our efforts are here in the NRL singing at a match.

While the Poms do suck at sport they do know how to put on a sporting event. I went to Lords to watch England play New Zealand in a cricket test a few years ago and it was a great day out. Full strength beer in pints it was awesome

The Major

Bench
Can i get confirmations as to who would like to come along tothe St Helens vs Warrington game? Ive been put onto someone inside ST Helens and am going to chance my luck and try and get a group booking in before they go on sale to the general public very shortly. The match is rumoured to sell out so best we sort this quick so we have a better chance of getting tickets.
Whos in? So far i know of St Linnane and i. St Colesy has 8 ready to go also. Be good if we get a good turn out.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Nice work Macca how did you score those? I've been told I have tickets but just returned home after being stuck on outer island in a cyclone...so sent email off and hope to get confirmation this week.

I sent an email off to Wigan and I received a reply a few nights back asking if I wanted a hospitality package for £110 each including three course meal etc... I responded immediately and explained we were travelling from Australia blah blah and the next response was I can look after you, how many do you need and all was sorted in about 5 mins. Charge has appeared on my credit card as of tonight. Very happy it turned out good and didn't set us back £110 each lol.

St. Linnane

First Grade
Can i get confirmations as to who would like to come along tothe St Helens vs Warrington game? Ive been put onto someone inside ST Helens and am going to chance my luck and try and get a group booking in before they go on sale to the general public very shortly. The match is rumoured to sell out so best we sort this quick so we have a better chance of getting tickets.
Whos in? So far i know of St Linnane and i. St Colesy has 8 ready to go also. Be good if we get a good turn out.

I know Benny was interested.

WenDoll Steve will be in as well.

Check with GST.

Godz Illa

Coach
Browsing the Wigan forum and noticed this:

In the Wigan Observer this week, ticket sales are 15% to 20% up on last years figure for the Leeds v Melbourne game, for the same sales period, according to the RFL.
Obviously the visitors are popular

Benny

First Grade

Major - 1 ticket for me please! Have 3 other friends coming up with me for the weekend but none of them have got back to me. So just 1 at this stage and let you know if it changes.

Thanks buddy!

The Major

Bench
Thanks Benny. GST and Max are in. Still waiting to hear back from Scuba Steve. I think he is still on a family holiday.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Doust interview with Dell, indicates that 90 people will be on the official tour.
Add the 12 - 14 people from these forums that are travelling outside of the tour, others that are possibly doing the same thing but not on the forums, and our UK brothers from the Saints and I reckon we will be a force whilst in Wigan.........Can't wait.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Browsing the Wigan forum and noticed this:

Obviously the visitors are popular
Puts another sword to the notion that we're a 12-year-old team.

Any League fan in the UK will want to see the famous Red V from downunder. Even my pommie father-in-law, when he visited Australia, wanted me take him see Saints play - so we went to Kogarah. And he was brought up on union.

The first Dragons side to visit the UK since our inception into first grade in 1921. History in the making.

Wish I could find the bucks to go.

Last edited:

The Major

Bench
Guys, here is the response i got from St Helens re the Warrington game. Looks like i will need final numbers by this arvo our time.

Hi,
Hope you are well.
Sorry for the delay in responding – I’ve been trying to sort this one out for you.
This Friday the tickets will be online and you should be able to select your seats.
In the North Stand you will be able to actually select and pay for 20 seats online and group them together.
The East Stand is the unreserved stand – you could do the same there, but you would have to get to the game early to make sure you could get all together.
Hope this is ok.
If you have a problem, call our ticket office on 01744 751 419.
Mike

Sent: 19 January 2011 09:22
To: Mike Appleton
Hi there.
Myself, and quite a few of my friends are fortunate enough to be travelling across to the UK in late February from Australia to watch our beloved St George Illawarra Dragons play against Wigan in the World Club Challenge. For us, it will be a short trip of approximately 1 week. During this time we are hoping to make the most of it by experiencing many of the great sports England has on offer. I am very honoured to see here on your forum the great support shown by our Northern Hemisphere red vee cousins and the efforts people are taking to come along and lend their support to our cause as we endeavour to bring the World Club Championship title back down under.
During our brief visit, we were hoping to attend an English Super League match. And conveniently enough, St Helens will be playing against Warrington at Widnes on the Friday evening, Feb 25th. I am led to believe that this match has a potential to be a sell out and tickets will sell fast.* I am unsure as to whether all tickets are also based on reserved seating rather then a free for all in the general admin sections. For all of us, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity to attend a match of this capacity. I am humbly asking, if there is in any way, and if it is convenient for you to do so or point me in the right direction, an opportunity for us to make some sort of arrangement for a reserved group booking so that we can not only be certain of securing tickets to the match, but most importantly, be seated all together? We are not after premium seating. We are happy to sit anywhere in the ground with a preference to be amongst where all the banner waving and singing core group of fans might be.
*We would love to reciprocate the support shown by your legion of fans by attending this match. It will be our first ever experience of a live game of Rugby League in the UK and we hope to take away many great memories. How good would it look with our red vee jerseys sitting alongside yours supporting one common cause, getting behind the mighty brand, the Saints!
We are able to put the money down for the tickets at the appropriate time once anything possibly has been agreed to. At this stage I have about 20 of us ready to come along with the possibility of more. But of course, these will be finalised pending your decision as to whether you and your club are able to assist me in this matter.
I thank you kindly for your time in reading my email and giving it consideration. If this query is not in your jurisdiction so to speak, would you mind ever so kindly, forwarding it to the relevant parties who might be able to take it on board?
*Have yourself a great day, and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.
UP THE SAINTS!

STG-MACCA

Bench
Acka is not going to England and Jubbsy does not venture outside of Jubilee Ave I believe, may be best to take it inside the inner sanctum.

STG-MACCA

Bench
Ps. 8pm would be 9am UK time so I assume that's when tickets will be released ALA Ticketek?

So 4 hours to go.

Acka

Coach
Acka is not going to England and Jubbsy does not venture outside of Jubilee Ave I believe, may be best to take it inside the inner sanctum.

Sadly STG-MACCA is right. I won't be attending but I would love to see some photos and hear about many pints drunk