What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Club Challenge discussion

St. Linnane

First Grade
Have sent an email off to Liverpool FC to see about tickets as they reopened for members and fan card holders only. Will let you know what the response is.

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Fellas, I'm a little lost where things are at now...I'm considering coming up for the St Helens game after all.

Are tickets still available? Where you guys going to game from and heading after?

The Major

Bench
Will probably leave from the George hotel in St Helens via one of the coaches they have available. Still waiting for tickets to go on sale. Did you want me to grab you a ticket mate when they do?

St_Jubbsy

Staff member
Maybe - I will be in touch.

Will just see if makes sense for me to come to London on the Friday night.

Godz Illa

Coach
Taking at an 18 man squad apparently
Dragons ready for Wigan in Challenge

BY MICHAEL CARAYANNIS
01 Feb, 2011 04:00 AM

ST GEORGE Illawarra plan to ambush Wigan heading into their World Club Challenge match with the bulk of the squad fit and firing in preparation for the world championship match.
Wayne Bennett’s right-hand man Steve Price revealed that the Dragons mentor would take a trimmed squad for the match on Monday, February 28.
‘‘The coach is talking about taking 18 players to England,’’ Price said. ‘‘That will be determined over the upcoming weeks.’’
Meantime, Price will take charge of the Dragons in the annual Charity Shield match against South Sydney on Sunday, February 13, with Bennett coaching the NRL All-Stars side the previous day.
Only boom youngster Kyle Stanley is likely to miss the first month of the season after recovering from a shoulder reconstruction.
‘‘We’ve got a full squad of players at the moment except for Kyle,’’ Price said. ‘‘Michael Weyman is back from groin surgery and Dan Hunt from his Achilles heel. Everything is going really well and everyone is healthy.’’
The premiers face an uphill battle following the World Club Challenge with the NRL season just two weeks later.
‘‘The structure of our preseason has not changed,’’ Price said. ‘‘The conditions will be a lot different when we get over to England .’’ Price nominated Hunt, Michael Greenfield and new recruits Adam Cuthbertson, Daniel Penese and David Gower as potential replacements for representative players Neville Costigan and Jeremy Smith who have left the club.
http://www.theleader.com.au/news/lo...ons-ready-for-wigan-in-challenge/2062264.aspx

Dragon Dave

Bench
Rugby League's equivalent of the elusive treble. Minor Premiers, Premiers and World Champions. Let's get it done!

Godz Illa

Coach
I read that we'll be taking a squad of 18 to Wigan for the WCC. If Deano and Style are certain omissions, then I'd consider 3 spots up for grabs

1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Gaz
4. Coops
5. Flo
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Prior
14. Merrin
15. Greenfield
16. ?
17. ?
18. ?

I reckon Wayne will take Emmett for his utility value. Based on the Charity Shield I'd guess the leaders for 17 & 18 are Bosden and King

Dragon Dave

Bench
Can't argue with you there. Cuthbertson might be chance to travel but Wayne is a big fan of Emmett so I think you're spot on.

Cagey Mac

Bench
The tried King, Marketo and Rein out in DH position during the CS so I reckon one of them will get a spot. I like all of them but personally favour Marketo as I’ve been a huge fan for a long time. Bosden IMO, if he does what he did yesterday in the trial against the dogs is a must so for mine
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Gaz
4. Coops
5. Flo
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Prior
14. Merrin
15. Greenfield
Per Godzilla’s suggestions and
16. Marketto
17. Bosden
18. Emmett

I see King as an inside back/hooker and given Fein’s role, Marketo’s back row/hooker role gives us a more flexible line-up. I don’t think Cuthbertson lends enough lateral defensive capability to the squad to be considered a back row option this early in the season and if you take Merrin and Greenfield, you already have two capable replacement props. It could be argued that we may need five props given that it’s early and the big guys will tire easily and I’d have no argument with that if Bennett chooses to do so.

Bosden, much hyped on this forum in the past, lived up to expectations yesterday and is a pretty complete package
Prior worries me sometimes but deserves his spot

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The tried King, Marketo and Rein out in DH position during the CS so I reckon one of them will get a spot. I like all of them but personally favour Marketo as I’ve been a huge fan for a long time. Bosden IMO, if he does what he did yesterday in the trial against the dogs is a must so for mine
1. Boyd
2. Morris
3. Gaz
4. Coops
5. Flo
6. Soward
7. Hornby
8. Hunt
9. Fien
10. Weyman
11. Scott
12. Creagh
13. Prior
14. Merrin
15. Greenfield
Per Godzilla’s suggestions and
16. Marketto
17. Bosden
18. Emmett

I see King as an inside back/hooker and given Fein’s role, Marketo’s back row/hooker role gives us a more flexible line-up. I don’t think Cuthbertson lends enough lateral defensive capability to the squad to be considered a back row option this early in the season and if you take Merrin and Greenfield, you already have two capable replacement props. It could be argued that we may need five props given that it’s early and the big guys will tire easily and I’d have no argument with that if Bennett chooses to do so.

Bosden, much hyped on this forum in the past, lived up to expectations yesterday and is a pretty complete package
Prior worries me sometimes but deserves his spot

Matty Prioir gets better the more minutes he gets. Has the fumbles on occasion, but he's an absolute must. Big unit, big ticker, big workload, hard to stop and can use the ball. Watch the prelim final again if you get the chance Cagey. MP had a massive game for us off the bench that night.

Latest posts