What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World club challenge

Kilkenny

Coach
Well done to St Helen’s. Can’t comment on first half, listening to 2nd half on MMM was a total waste of time they are useless, but we didn’t seem to offer much at all. Crichton coughs the ball up with a standard bring the ball back return, game over.

At this point in this season it probably serves little purpose singling players out for criticism. It is one game, a trial in some respects, certainly not the result or performance we were hoping for.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Firstly Congratulations to St Helens. You played a great game.

As others have said Penrith looked clunky and rusty like an old V8 motor.

I was one of the silly folks that bought into the Penrith will win with their eyes closed. Never again will I believe such rubbish.

St Helen's played the game of their lives. Well done.

Crichton is NOT a fullback, He's a very gifted winger and centre, but not a fullback. If Edwards is out again I'd like to see Suniva play that position.

The Kiks side will need to be worked on.

I'll wait till mid season before making any more comments, and see how everyone fits into their new roles and life in 2023.

Penrith did well to actually get it to golden point at the end.

Again congrats to St Helens.

The Predictor

Juniors
Well done to St Helen’s. Can’t comment on first half, listening to 2nd half on MMM was a total waste of time they are useless, but we didn’t seem to offer much at all. Crichton coughs the ball up with a standard bring the ball back return, game over.

At this point in this season it probably serves little purpose singling players out for criticism. It is one game, a trial in some respects, certainly not the result or performance we were hoping for.
Classy….u are one of the sensible ones, not that it matters coming from me, but we’ll done, better team won on the night

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Well it did mean a lot to ur mob, because they were carrying on with the same dumbass and gang signs as per usual, say what u like, but this should have been nothing but a win for ur mob, but u were really never in it….now u are all going on about the dude with the shit hairstyle and a cheating spouse!!!
Meant so much that we rested 4 players.

We played like it was our first trial game of the year. No excuses, that’s just what we do.

As I’ve been saying for about 2 years, St Helen’s wouldn’t make the 8 in the NRL, the two comps are so far apart and getting further.

I realise you’re trying to stir the pot, but it’s really not worth your time.

The Clan

Juniors
If you honestly believe that, you’re either an idiot or never watched the English Super League.

They just won an NRL trial game, even Parramatta win those…
Oh dear, here we go with the excuses, diminishing the game etc.. it’s a bit sad really

GongPanther

Referee
No it won’t because we’re even expected to even make it, anyway u guys will not b the same!!!
We will be better for that run, as playing against a side of that quality, and still losing by 1 point in extra time will install a hardened belief in the team.
Jesus I ran back to club it was pissing down
You went inside being wet on the outside, to get wet on the inside. :)

P.S.: Ignore that other quote above. FKED if I know what went wrong.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Oh dear, here we go with the excuses, diminishing the game etc.. it’s a bit sad really
What excuses??? It’s an NRL trial game is it not? ?? It’s part of the NRL preseason competition, is that not a fact?

Sad is the fact that the Super League Supporters honestly believe it’s a good competition, when in reality, it’s only slightly better than our reserve grade comp.

That’s just how it is.

Fangs

Coach

I agree. Penrith got a lesson in football tonight. Made some of our players look like they were on debut.

St Helens deserve that title. Very well coached. Is this the first WCC win by an English club in Australia? Massive achievement.

Nealo 12

First Grade
We will be better for that run, as playing against a side of that quality, and still losing by 1 point in extra time will install a hardened belief in the team.

You went inside being wet on the outside, to get wet on the inside. :)

P.S.: Ignore that other quote above. FKED if I know what went wrong.
Yeah it was a better experience for a feed as well as the cheaper beer 😂

GongPanther

Referee
Well folks, I'm off to bed. Sadly we'll be a little stretched in attack unless things change dramatically for the better. If there is any consolation, the market for the premiership was not changed, same for our clash with Brisbane in round 1.

Last edited:

pantherz9103

First Grade
Underestimated St Helens. We played like it was a trial and St Helens played like a trophy was up for grabs and it was and thanks to a crap performance on our home ground we still haven’t won this trophy!

More concerning though is the signs of the team for the season ahead. Kenny isn’t a 10th of the player Api is while Garner and Hosking aren’t good enough to start for a premiership contending team.

Crichton was terrible but he’s not a fullback. Lol@Bulldogs if they want to play him there next year.