What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

World Cup 2017 Kiwis news

Penrose_11

Juniors
The Telegraph is claiming Fusitua and Takiahio both siding with Tonga plus a host of experienced Aus players. Pity they lack a couple decent playmakers but they're starting to look pretty good

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
He said hes got no idea where the telecrap got the idea of a revoult cos Jess and Kevin wont be selected for the cocaine thing. Its just bullshit

I agreed but the old saying where there is smoke there is fire
I thought that Proctor and Bromwich excuse was a bit odd. I knew he wanted to play for Tonga but I also suspect that he's not happy with kiwis coach.

Matua

Bench
I spoke to my cousin tonight who is in the Kiwis camp. They said there is no player revoult and that Taumalolo wants to play for Tonga in the WC only. Just to give back to the Tongan RL. He said hes got no idea where the telecrap got the idea of a revoult cos Jess and Kevin wont be selected for the cocaine thing. Its just bullshit

Sounds a bit like bollocks to me - he'd want to win a WC, his best chance is with NZ, play for the Kiwis this WC and then Tonga the next (although, it would be hilarious if he played for Tonga this WC and then switched back to NZ, there'd be some epic hissy fits then).

Sounds a bit like bollocks to me - he'd want to win a WC, his best chance is with NZ, play for the Kiwis this WC and then Tonga the next (although, it would be hilarious if he played for Tonga this WC and then switched back to NZ, there'd be some epic hissy fits then).

Not really hissy fits

Josh McGuire plays Origin and played for Aussie yet has still turned out multiple times for Toa Samoa and is super proud of his Samoan Heritage

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Even with Taumalolo, Kidwell cannot coach the kiwis to a world cup win. Even if we had Harris, Kahu etc...I honestly think we cant do it. The Roos will remember the 2008 RLWC and destroy us.

Matua

Bench
Not really hissy fits

Josh McGuire plays Origin and played for Aussie yet has still turned out multiple times for Toa Samoa and is super proud of his Samoan Heritage
Oh there's a few posters on here (of English and Oz extraction) that would have a hissy fit about it I think.

Zero: You're probably right, but there's the off chance that the players would have risen to the occasion (and ignored some of the coaching) and given the Kangaroos a game of it.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Kiwis pack will probably look like this...

8. Gavet
9. Levi
10. Blair
11. Mau
12. Fisher Harris
13. Mannering

15. Tapine
16. Matulino
17. Asofa-Solomona

Last edited:
Last edited:
I spoke to my cousin tonight who is in the Kiwis camp. They said there is no player revoult and that Taumalolo wants to play for Tonga in the WC only. Just to give back to the Tongan RL. He said hes got no idea where the telecrap got the idea of a revoult cos Jess and Kevin wont be selected for the cocaine thing. Its just bullshit

Feels like a bullshit call to me.
He isn't happy about something and hopefully was allowed to say his peace in proper environment, eg I didn't like my previous role in Anzac test, is it going to change?
Much like anyone can do at their jobs (then probably get sacked for it and find other employment, for Tonga in this instance)

Iafeta

Referee
NZRL needs a good solid review/cleanout. Underlying thought says players are disillusioned with Kidwell who does seem incompetent for this level. The whole we aren't sure on Mannerings role at the WC if any should have sent smoke signals that the bros club leading this debacle were out of their depth.

It's a bit surreal. 48 hours ago I thought with SST, Taumalolo and Harris as part of our backrow with Mannering that that was a really good core group.

I think we will battle under Kidwell to get out of the pool stages. And in terms of perception in the media, on the back of continued Warriors failings, that will be a dagger to us in the papers.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Not really hissy fits

He didn't turn down Queensland or Australia to play for Samoa though.

Don't think it's hissy fit worthy, but the two situations are very different.

jaseg

Juniors
Been thinking about it... if it results in a total cleanout of coach, 'support' staff, selectors etc... (basically the whole cancerous growth through the NZRL) I'm happy at this point to totally write the WC off and have just about every player eligible for a 2nd tier nation to go make themselves available for that nation (NAS could be interesting... Samoa... or Ireland?) - or just take the tournament off to go rest.

Really make a statement by forcing them to name a massively under-powered team and get knocked out in groups to Samoa & Tonga.

Because honestly, it's pathetic.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Kiwis pack will probably look like this...

8. Gavet
9. Levi
10. Blair
11. Mau
12. Fisher Harris
13. Mannering

15. Tapine
16. Matulino
17. Asofa-Solomona

Thought I read that Ma'u had chosen Tonga as well.

Aside from Taupau, JWH, Packer, and CHN could all come into calculations. Wouldn't be surprised to see a couple of bolters considering our current state.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
New Zealand Kiwis have named their 2017 Rugby League World Cup squad.

Jason Nightingale (St George Illawarra Dragons)
Jordan Rapana (Canberra Raiders)
Gerard Beale (Cronulla Sharks/Warriors)
Brad Takairangi (Parramatta Eels)
Dean Whare (Penrith Panthers)
Peta Hiku (Warrington Wolves)
Shaun Johnson (Warriors)
Thomas Leuluai (Wigan Warriors)
Kodi Nikorima (Brisbane Broncos)
Te Maire Martin (North Queensland Cowboys)
Danny Levi (Newcastle Knights)
Adam Blair (Brisbane Broncos/Warriors, captain)
Martin Taupau (Manly Sea Eagles)
Jared Waerea-Hargreaves (Sydney Roosters)
Russell Packer (St George Illawarra Dragons/Wests Tigers)
Addin Fonua-Blake (Many Sea Eagles)
Nelson Asofa-Solomona (Melbourne Storm)
Simon Mannering (Warriors)
Kenny Bromwich (Melbourne Storm)
Joseph Tapine (Canberra Raiders)
Isaac Liu (Sydney Roosters)
Elijah Taylor (Wests Tigers)

Source: NRL.com, allaboutnrl.com