What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WTF was Hayne trying to do????

Eelementary

Post Whore
Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity

That's a very valid point, Suity.

Still - looking at the video I still think it should have been awarded given the precedents. But no use crying over spilt milk.

salvy71

Juniors
Completely disagree.
There was no need for his body to be over the sideline when he was diving to ground the ball.
Hayne has an ego issue. Tonight proved that. Head down, dive towards tryline = try. Just look at his reaction. He knew he'd done the wrong thing.

Suity

x2

Completely disagree.

Suity

He's got an ego problem, i think most would agree on that. But i don't think he's that stupid to try something like that intentionally. No one, not even that Faifailoa douche would jump that far wide to score a try just to look cool.

I honestly believe he just f**ked up, i don't think it had anything to do with his attitude that he didn't score the try. That's my perception anyway.

There's not really any way anyone will find out why he did what he did.

Suitman

Post Whore
He's got an ego problem, i think most would agree on that. But i don't think he's that stupid to try something like that intentionally. No one, not even that Faifailoa douche would jump that far wide to score a try just to look cool.

I disagree. I reckon Hayne would, although respect the fact you feel otherwise.

I honestly believe he just f**ked up, i don't think it had anything to do with his attitude that he didn't score the try. That's my perception anyway.

There's not really any way anyone will find out why he did what he did.

You're quite right about that.

Suity

lol. Me too. I'm just coming to the conclusion that the game is all about him.

Suity

The only thing holding him back is his ego/attitude.

If what he did tonight was because he thought it'd be cooler then it's pretty obvious he's further off from being the player i think he can be than i thought he was.

I've said it before, Hayne is a drama queen, look I'm one, it takes one to know one. When Hayne reacted as if he's received a left hook from Nathan Cleverly after he went into the advertising boards at Elland Road in '09, I could see than he was a really mummy's boy/drama-queen.

Suitman

Post Whore
Let's keep the discussion away from players families, shall we?
That's f**king disgraceful. Honestly.

Suity

This is rubbish , can someone shut this thread. Seriously, this forum is just declining in standard. Where are the moderators?????

offside ref

Juniors
See this is what's wrong with this forum it goes completely of topic leave players family out of it ffs..
For the record I saw the replay it looks like hayne wasn't aware of how close he was to the sideline and sort of panicked he stuffed up but I'm sure he wasn't showboating he simply ran out of room and panicked.

I'm more worried about how poor we are inside the opposition 20 it feels like the more ball we have the less likely we are to score.

The thing is Burt stuffed up twice at the back yesterday but nothing is said about his game it's like he's a protected specie. Really he made two errors which led to two try's for the storm. I'm confident Hayne would have stopped those trys.

ParraAds

Juniors
I'm Jarryd's biggest fan, but that play was one of the dumbest things I've ever seen on a football field.

It reeked of 'Dugan can do it, so I can too!'.... except that Dugan was forced do it where as Hayne could have just scored the easy way. He knew it too, the reaction said it all. Didn't deserve to be awarded based on stupidity alone.

Very disapointed with the attitude/ego that's obviously still within him if he's trying this sort of rubbish at that time in a match.

Latest posts