What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SummerSlam 2015

lafai

Bench
Wow just wow. I'm happy with New Day winning the titles back and Rollins beating Cena. But that Taker Lesnar ending was so f**king shit. And worst of all this more than likely sets up Lesnar Taker III at WM32. f**k this company.

mackdadday

Juniors
Was a great, fun show except for the abomination of a womans match (24 hours after Banks/Bayley put on a spectacular match) and that ridiculous ending to the main event. How could the time keeper possibly have seen that tap and why in gods name would he ring the bell and why in gods name didn't charles robinson even lift Lesnars hand to check if he was out or not before ending the match?? Other than that it was a good night and i loved the jon stewart cameo in the cena/rollins affair.

Parra Pride

Coach
The worst part about the Women's match was that we got about two minutes of Sasha on Becky, apart from that it was dominated by the same old shit that has made the women's division boring on the main roster. Get rid of the Bellas, Fox, Naomi and Tamina, and just let the NXT graduates show what they can do.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Watched it last night.

* Sheamus v Orton was just there. It wasn't what I'd have picked as the opener (tag match or Owens/Cesaro would have fired the crowd up more) and neither guy is doing much. It was just there to get them on the card.

* Tag Match was a lot of fun. Sin Cara and the Matadores botched some, but it was a fast-paced match with some entertaining spots. Titus cleaned house. New Day were great (Woods is hilarious at ringside). Kalisto looked like a f**king beast. Right guys went over.

* Ziggler v Rusev was pretty shit. Awful booking, shit ending, and just a feud nobody really cares about. They also managed to make Lana not look hot, which I thought was impossible.

* Celebrity tag match was okay. Amell is an athlete, but damned if he can't sell. Sad to see Barrett and Rhodes being wasted like this, but at least Rhodes seems to be having fun.

* I fast-forwarded through the triple threat match because I don't care. I hear I didn't miss anything..

* The Title v Title match was a lot of fun. Did Cena look a little sluggish, or is it just me? Rollins worked face and was a lot of fun doing so. The guy is a fantastic heel, but damned if his moveset wouldn't be more fun if he were consistently a face. They did some really good spots, then Jon Stewart showed why his acting career never took off with an awful run in to basically shit on the match. Would it kill them to have Rollins either go over clean or with an old-fashioned handful of tights?

* Women's Match was a huge disappointment. The right team went over (thank God), but it just wasn't as fun as it should have been. Too much Tamina. Too little Charlotte. Waaaay too little Sasha, who was basically an afterthought after tearing down the house on Takeover. I wonder if she was nursing an injury? Either way, this match was a huge let-down. You can't just give the divas 15 minutes and call it good. They need to give people a reason to give a shit and put the right people in the right matches.

* Owens v Cesaro was a good match. Would have benefited from being earlier in the show when the crowd weren't worn out from the Cena v Rollins match. Also would have benefited from either having something on the line (like the US title Owens should have won if they were just going to have Cena drop it a month later) or a real blood feud. Looks like Owens is moving on to Ryback now.

* Lesnar v Taker was okay. Some good moments in the psychology, but not much of a match. That finish was a f**king dog's abortion.

All told, the PPV was more hit than miss. The only matches I'd say are worth going out of your way to see are Cena v Rollins (sans ending) and the tag match.

Valheru

Coach
The timekeeper ringing the bell early is one of the dumbest booking decisions in the history of pro wrestling. So we are supposed to believe that the time keeper keeps an eye out for the fall themselves and pre-empts the referee by ringing the bell if they see a pin or submission. If this is the case, why has no timekeeper ever rung the bell during the countless times the heel is tapping out in the middle of the ring whilst the ref is down?

Whoever came up with that should be fired.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Yeah, it was pretty f**king geniused.

Why hasn't the time-keeper been (kayfabe) fired on live television for operating well beyond the sphere of his responsibilities?

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
the ending to the taker v lesnar match was an abortion. destroyed a good match

equally shithouse was Jon Stewart's involvement

is that the best wwe creative can come up with nowadays?