What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SummerSlam 2015

Big Pete

Referee
While the build up of the show has done little to entice me as a viewer, I'm looking forward to the show on Monday. I doubt it will be one of the best SummerSlams of all-time, but it's a stacked card with plenty of variety.

In terms of in-ring action you've got John Cena vs Seth Rollins, Kevin Owens vs Cesaro & The Wyatt Family vs The Shield 2.0. Even the Fatal Four-Way Tag and Orton v Sheamus have potential to be entertaining.

Then you've got the main event which is the big draw card. I understand that going in and going out, the match may do the company more harm than good, but this is by far the most talked about match of the year. While that's partially an indictment on the WWE's inability to develop new stars or match-ups, it's a match that has stirred a lot of interest and I'm looking forward to it, like I would look forward to a Hollywood Blockbuster. A blockbuster may not make my Top 10 as far as movies of the year go, but when I look back on the year that was, it will be one of the first that enters my mind and one that I can easily reference.

It should be a nice alternative to Melbourne v Newcastle.

Eelementary

Post Whore
So is Taker a heel? His acting like one with low blows and sneak attacks thou the sneak attacks have always been part of his character. Surely this can't be the last time we see taker vs Lesnar this has to be leading to a wrestlemania rematch especially with heyman talking up lesnar's record vs taker. If they are determined to put taker over thou him doing it as a heel and perhaps with the authority's help, Kane playing a role would make sense.

Heyman (who is GOD) spent a good deal building up Taker, but saying he stands no chance because Lesnar is THE Beast, and made Taker sound good (despite giving him no chance).

I don't think he's a heel per se; he's just a guy enraged over losing his phenomenal Mania record and wants revenge.

They're doing a good job building the match up imo.

Wato

Juniors
Yea it would feel weird if he was a heel. I really hope they keep lesnar's image as the beast intact and not come up with some silly finish. Have not had wwe network since fast lane but will pick it up for this match, I do watch raw each week thou. The match I want to see and I assume they are building towards it with the tensions in the shield is triple h vs Rollins, seems like that is the logical conclusion to the authority story line with triple screwing Rollins at some point.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Its not a Unification match, its title for title. If theres winner, they will hold both titles

Could see Rollins win, then have Sheamus cash in. Rollins ends the night US champ and Sheamus WWE champ, with Rollins claiming the US title as the best title in a heel manner following on from Cena saying it was the best title in a face fashion

It's not a unification match, but it will have a similar effect should Cena win it. Him holding both belts would take the focus off the US Title until he inevitably lost it in a SHENANIGANS way to some midcard talent who would then go on to be largely forgotten about like whoever has the IC title.

If they went down the route you described, I'd rather see Cena win and have Sheamus cash in. Leave Cena defending the belt he is doing so much good for, and give Sheamus the title to gloat about.

Sanchez

Coach
It's not a unification match, but it will have a similar effect should Cena win it. Him holding both belts would take the focus off the US Title until he inevitably lost it in a SHENANIGANS way to some midcard talent who would then go on to be largely forgotten about like whoever has the IC title.

If they went down the route you described, I'd rather see Cena win and have Sheamus cash in. Leave Cena defending the belt he is doing so much good for, and give Sheamus the title to gloat about.

Open challenge has run its course now

mackdadday

Juniors
Still think they need to get that money in the bank and put it with Owens (though I think they have lost him momentum since his first up shock over Cena) or Ambrose somehow. No one gives a flying hen about Sheamus.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Open challenge has run its course now

Disagree. Having one decent match with something at stake was one of the only reasons to tuen in to Raw. The shows have dipped in quality since Cena has been back in chase the title mode and not defending the belt so much.

There are always people who can be elevated by having a competitive match with a veteran.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I'd appreciate the divas match more if there were something at stake.

Given both Charlotte and Sasha have beaten the champion and are former NXT champions (current, in Sasha's case) themselves, a triple threat title match would make more sense and have more marquee value.

Abz

Juniors
they should make a tag team title for divas now given their current state

Parra Pride

Coach
I'd appreciate the divas match more if there were something at stake.

Given both Charlotte and Sasha have beaten the champion and are former NXT champions (current, in Sasha's case) themselves, a triple threat title match would make more sense and have more marquee value.

Will be surprised if Sasha doesn't drop it to Bayley at Takeover.

Misanthrope

Staff member
C'mon, if it wasn't for John Cena then Nikki Bella would never have "developed".

Oh wait, that's kinda the issue, isn't it...

:lol: She has career making taste in men.

Will be surprised if Sasha doesn't drop it to Bayley at Takeover.

I'd be stunned if that weren't the case. Sasha being on the full-time roster means it makes sense to transition the belt to somebody on NXT full time. It's what has been the plan in the past with guys like Neville and Owens.

afinalsin666

First Grade
I think Sasha should win, setting up champion v champion at night of champions. Then Sasha can drop it at the next NXT ppv, while being dual champion. Bigger rub to Bailey, and gives us an actually interesting storyline leading into the NoC.

Plus like you said, the plan has been to drop the title as you leave. This would be the first time that hasn't happened, gives it a bit of a swerve factor.

Misanthrope

Staff member
I think Sasha should win, setting up champion v champion at night of champions. Then Sasha can drop it at the next NXT ppv, while being dual champion. Bigger rub to Bailey, and gives us an actually interesting storyline leading into the NoC.

Plus like you said, the plan has been to drop the title as you leave. This would be the first time that hasn't happened, gives it a bit of a swerve factor.

Well, not really. Owens held it for quite some time while appearing on both Raw and NXT.

afinalsin666

First Grade
Because there wasn't a special from his debut til he lost it. Let's be honest, Owens was never losing at a taping. The tokyo show getting Brock and being broadcast live gave them a chance to get it off him.

Misanthrope

Staff member
Because there wasn't a special from his debut til he lost it. Let's be honest, Owens was never losing at a taping. The tokyo show getting Brock and being broadcast live gave them a chance to get it off him.

The weirdest part of that Tokyo show was the lame duck main event. Who gives a f**k?

Latest posts