What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Cena will turn Heel Now and probably align himself with tripple H....

It is probably a good way for vince to go out add it to the Story line get HHH in and keep the momentum of the CM punk story line up...

I don't think Cena will turn heel, not yet anyway. I think Punk will return next week in some capacity (most likely with Vince who enlists him to help get his company back as a face), and ruin the Mysterio/Miz match. Ultimately this leads to a Summerslam main event between HHH and CM Punk with Triple H as the heel, using his newly gained power to insert himself in the main event (don't people criticise him for doing this anyway), continuing the semi-legit nature of the current storyline.

Big Pete

Referee
JR is back, Cole could be getting fired.

John Morrison returned.

And Ryder defeated Cole.

Cena/Mysterio was also announced for later tonight.

Big Pete

Referee
Alberto Del Rio defeated Kofi Kingston

In a great match John Cena defeated Rey Mysterio for the WWE Championship.

CM Punk then came out to his last ROH theme and both champions raised their championships to end the show.

My original thought was to have a WWE Champion vs WWE Champion Ladder Match, just like Shawn Michaels had with Razor Ramon, first to grab both titles is the Undisputed WWE Champion. However, I can see them doing a quick build to a regular singles match to unify the two WWE Titles. I sense they may go for a DQ finish in their first match so they may be able to stretch it out to the Royal Rumble, but I'm just not confident. Either way, I see the WWE Title on John Cena for his WM match against The Rock.

Big Pete

Referee
Punk grabbed the mic. after the show, link here.

http://vids.wwe.com/12696/wwecom-exclusive-cm-punk-tells-t

Fair enough SGL. Personally, I thought Punk came back too early as well and the WWE could have done more with him appearing on ROH's debut TV show and the like. I can see why the WWE brought him back so quickly, but I would have been fine with just giving us Cena and Mysterio. Given more time, I reckon that match could have topped the Cena/Punk match.

Also I am not happy that they took the strap off of Rey Mysterio so quickly. Obviously they wanted CM Punk and John Cena feuding over the WWE Title, but they could of done something like HHH putting Cena into the title match. Use the excuse it's part of his rematch clause or something.

azzah72

Bench
They should of let it play out longer. Now it's just gone back to a regular fued really.

Rey and Cena for SS, Punk antagonising them for not being a real champ, cena/punk for Survivor Series.

in the meantime have punk doing the whole popping up in indy shows and posting youtube vids and shit.

wasted oppourtunity.

Once Dead

Bench
The WWE have jizzed in their pants on this occasion.

Yep, as with most great moments in wrestling, the company can't let it build to the perfect boil and end up pulling the trigger early.

Consider the momentum dead and gone.....we now resume ho-hum programming.

Big Pete

Referee
In this day and age, it'd be difficult to keep Punk off tv for 3 months, especially when the second biggest show is around the corner.

Once Dead

Bench
In this day and age, it'd be difficult to keep Punk off tv for 3 months, especially when the second biggest show is around the corner.

I'm not expecting three months, business can't survive that way. However, they barely skipped a week of programming. When you have one of those earth shattering, ego smashing promos like Punk's, it makes sense to milk it for a little while.

Now that "He's back" what the hell was all the promo really about? Is he now happy to be back in the fold and another cog in the big WWE machine? I guess that's what they will feed off, but to me, they missed the boat......in a big way.

The fact that the next big PPV is coming up just shows that these guys are really stuck for ideas. Couldn't Punk keep the whole 'outsider', 'angry ex-WWE employee' thing going and play the media at large for all it was worth? Hell, he could even announce he is buying a ticket to shows and there wasn't a damn thing that the WWE could do about it. Have him rush the ring, do something brutal to screw Cena and ruin the main event? The 'cops' could then do a pretty convincing job of reefing him out and being heavy handed towards him.

The problem is, these guys rely on wrestlers being there in-ring every week, something that wasn't the case in some of the biggest fueds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts