What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WWE SuperThread *Spoilers*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Pete

Referee
Which is why I'm interested to see what comes out of next week. There's something fishy behind Punk's return and I believe the WWE have a big swerve instore.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
They should of let it play out longer. Now it's just gone back to a regular fued really.

Rey and Cena for SS, Punk antagonising them for not being a real champ, cena/punk for Survivor Series.

in the meantime have punk doing the whole popping up in indy shows and posting youtube vids and shit.

wasted oppourtunity.
Too much common sense. You're disqualified from writing or booking for the WWE on the spot.

Big Pete

Referee
I have faith in Punk, this is his storyline and we'll see what he has to say next Tuesday before we jump any guns.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
I have faith in Punk, this is his storyline and we'll see what he has to say next Tuesday before we jump any guns.
Punk was the best wrestler on the books the minute he signed with the WWE. He will uphold his end of the bargain and deliver a good promo but the writing department will fluff it as usual. They are already starting behind the 8 ball bringing him back so soon. Can Cena cut a promo without resorting to the brutally unfunny pg shtick which makes me feel embarrassed that I am watching this shit?

Seems like the WWE are pulling a Vince Russo during the Attitude Era regarding CM Punk. Russo would "borrow" ideas off ECW and use them on WWF TV + PPV's. Just substitute Russo with whoever is the current head of WWE creative, and ECW with ROH.

True, very little originality in wrestling these days. Probably the most recent original thing WWE have done was the Straight Edge Society, and even then they ended up jobbing them out.

Which he'd done in Ring of Honor anyways.

The best thing about the "summer of Punk" stuff, was the emotion, intensity and well thought through-ness that characterised the promos. You hung on every single word.

Seems like the WWE are pulling a Vince Russo during the Attitude Era regarding CM Punk. Russo would "borrow" ideas off ECW and use them on WWF TV + PPV's. Just substitute Russo with whoever is the current head of WWE creative, and ECW with ROH.

Can't wait to see who they get to play Kevin Steen...oh wait thats just the new Punk...

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
Dave Meltzer gave the CM Punk vs John Cena match 5 stars. So there you go, John Cena is a 5 star wrestler...
That is a dead set joke. On what criteria can he possibly give that 5 stars considering he hasn't given one out since 1997.

Dave Meltzer is a clown anyway. These are 5 star ROH matches and either is better than both of Joe's.

Bryan Danielson vs. Nigel McGuinness (Unified 8.12.2006 – ROH World Title vs. ROH Pure Title Unification Match)

Bryan Danielson vs. KENTA (Glory by Honor V, Night 2 9.16.2006 – ROH World Title Match)

It's not just about the wrestling, but in-ring chemistry, ring psychology, interactions with the crowd, etc. Mixing all the intangibles together for an experience for the fans.

Whos Ya Daddy

First Grade
It's not just about the wrestling, but in-ring chemistry, ring psychology, interactions with the crowd, etc. Mixing all the intangibles together for an experience for the fans.
Would you say that is the best WWE match since '97?

If the wrestling is rubbish it can't be a 5 star match. Particularly if you are going to jerk off to Puro like Meltzer. Anyways, botchfests tend to mess up the other factors as well.

How can Hogan vs Rock only be 3 stars on the same scale that rated Cena vs Punk as perfect?

Status
Not open for further replies.