What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
I've been watching too you know and there is little to get excited about with Lucas. He may have slightly improved but he is still complete turd.

How about we stick with this current squad and see how far we get?
Im not saying stick with the current squad, we obviously need improvement, but I think central midfield is not the first place we need to improve. Width is far more concerning. Although a better defensive mid, if it were to come available, would at least shield our defence a little better.

Last nights game, spewing to draw that one. Should've been up by two or three at half time, excellent first half from us. Poor defending from both goals, although one of them from a corner which should've been a goal kick is frustrating, second one could've been a foul on Kelly. Certainly at least deserved a draw there.

Best thing about this season has been Martin Kelly, absolute gun. Looked a good player pre-injury last season. Will only get better you would think.

Foz

Bench
Would you sell Torres for 40 million pounds?
I know the heart says no but the head may say something different.
I think we are about to find out.
Just when we buy another striker to help out(or is it to lead the attack?).
Its going to be an interesting couple of days.

The Tank

Bench
Ajax have agreed a fee, it's down to a medical and personal terms, but you'd expect Suarez to be at Anfield. Brilliant signing IMO, if Torres stays at Liverpool the Reds have a great strikeforce.

Red Bear

Referee
Hmmm

Torres leaving right now would be a real kick in the guts. Just bought a new very good player, on the pitch playing much better football under Kenny, his own form has improved alot in the last few weeks and tbh we need to finish the seasonstrongly to show we are heading in the right direction (which, in part, the purchase of Suarez shows, we're actually looking at players again). For him to leave at this point leaves us back to square one with a good player who needs time to adjust to a new competition and no genuine forward.

If he goes in Summer I would be slightly less annoyed, but to leave now and go to another English club, well good luck next time you come to Anfield Fernando, wont be such a popular player then.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
if he's put in a transfer request, surely its only a matter of time till he leaves

Red Bear

Referee
Well I dont know if it has made the headlines or not, but it seems Torres has been sold to chelsea for 45 mil I think (along with Konchesky on loan to Nottingham Forrest and Babel to Hoffenheim or whoever) and we've bought in Luis Suarez from Ajax for about 23 mil pounds and Andy Carroll for an astonishing 35 million or something ridiculous (which makes me hope it's rising up to 35 million, not just a flat fee of 35 million). Could turn out to be a great signing, could fail completely who knows.

Negatives first, Suarez and Torres would've been more than handy. Im dissapointed he handed in a transfer request 3 days before the window closed and left us, when we seem to be actually turning around or performances, his own on field form has shown improvement and we've just shown we're going to be willing to buy players.

Positives tho the owners have shown they arent afraid to buy players and pay a decent wage for them (even if Carrol is madness at this point, you have to remember the English tag adds a huge price, and he could be a pretty good signing) and this bodes well for the future of the club. Hopefully we dont rush Carroll into the first team with him currently injured, why ruin a big investment straight away, but looking forward to him playing

Oh and Torres's comment on joining Chelsea
'it's nice to play for one of the biggest clubs in the world now, it's always a dream to be competing at the top level for all the cups'

scaled.php

Farewell Fernando, you'll always walk alone now

hellteam

First Grade
I wouldn't be unhappy if I was a Liverpool supporter at the moment, Torres was struggling anyway.

Kinda wish Spurs did bid that much for Caroll..

Nevcost

Juniors
To be honest I feel a bit sorry for the Newcastle supporters as they couldn't come up with a replacement in this high stakes game of striker musical chairs and would like to see vision of one burning a Chelsea jersey as this is how the whole craziness began. I also heard Tottenham would have offered Pav if they had their bid accepted. This whole thing just had me relieved a little bit it was like when We signed Suarez it was two steps forward then when we looked like losing Torres it was Two steps back and then when we go Carroll it was One step forward again.

Foz

Bench
Well we might of improved our strike force but they must be aware of our lack of pace in defence.
That wouldve been the area I thought theyd address first but maybe they were pushed due to the Torres situation.
As for Torres it may be a good move for him.
He'll get more support up front than he was getting at Anfield.
He wont get some of the service he got from Stevie of course but he may get more suppliers at Chelsea.
Hows that last player we sold Chelsea going anyway?
Would be strange if he got hurt playing us this week.
Wonder if he'll play.

On to the Newcastle lad we bought.
The coaching staff must have big wraps on him.
Out injured as well hasnt stopped them.
Doesnt seem to lack confidence anyway.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Benayoun has been injured for most of the season but before that he was playing quite well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing Suarez play and Carroll when he is fit. How long is he out for?

I for one am not to concerned about the defence I think is Skrtel and Agger keep playing regularly they will strike up a good combo and the defence will get more and more solid.

Red Bear

Referee
I think Skrtel is sh*thouse and would just about prefer Carra back there.

But going forward, Kelly is a CB by trade and young Wilson is meant to be impressive?

In the summer you'd think we'd be looking more at our defense and holding midfielder, and hopefully move Kuyt on and replace him with a winger

Alpha

Juniors
Skrtl needs to go imo. Always good for 3-4 fouls per game and isn't the most safest defender.

Carroll wont play against Stoke but should play against chelvski

Alpha

Juniors
Summer we need 2 wingers, a lb and a holding mid possibly banega, mvilla or look at adam again.

I would love to get Hazard

HevyDevy

Coach
I like Kuyt's work ethic but yeah, probably doedn't offer enough quality.

We need to get rid of Lucas too.

On a positive note, Meireles has been excellent since arriving.

Nice goal against Stoke too - hopefully we don't shut up shop now like we did last week.

Red Bear

Referee
Back to the football, beat Stoke 2-0 this morning in a pretty good performance, Reina had to make about one save. 5-3-1 formation using wingbacks, took a little bit of time to adjust to but our passing game has been much improved lately, pass and move working quite well. Still lack a bit in the final third although Kuyt played quite well but promising signs. Suarez looked decent on debut, although needs a little time to gel with those around him, claimed a goal but i think it was an own goal, Raul with the other.

Three wins in a row, havent conceded since the Everton game, 35 points now just 2 behind Sunderland. Tough game on Sunday, cant wait!

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Lucas showed that he is a quality passer today if you watched some of his passing, one pass in particular stood out for me and I remember Xabi Alonso doing a very similar pass, (however on a far more regular basis), it was a beautiful at least 50 yard pass down the right to Kuyt I think it was. Great to watch. Also he was passing at something like 90% completion today, lay off Lucas please he is crucial to the team.

Pass and Move is looking very good and love the new system I thick Carroll will be a massive success in this system. Can't wait to see Carroll and Suarez play together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts