What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WireMan

Bench
Lucas showed that he is a quality passer today if you watched some of his passing, one pass in particular stood out for me and I remember Xabi Alonso doing a very similar pass, (however on a far more regular basis), it was a beautiful at least 50 yard pass down the right to Kuyt I think it was. Great to watch. Also he was passing at something like 90% completion today, lay off Lucas please he is crucial to the team.

Pass and Move is looking very good and love the new system I thick Carroll will be a massive success in this system. Can't wait to see Carroll and Suarez play together.

I agree about Lucas.

Shame he is being asked to perform the Macherano role in the team though.

Hence why i think you should of blown some of your 35 million on someone like Parker (and had about 25 million for the summer) at west ham. Him holding with Lucas, Gerrard and Mereilas and Kuyt supporting Suarez with good pass and move tactics would be better than shoe horning midfielders in to play a long ball upto the big guy upfront.

I think you will see the Agger to Carroll pass quite alot, thus making Lucas look even worse.

Oh and apparently Andy he is having "roll" on the back of his shirt, some scouser has already made of with the Car... b'dish. :D

Foz

Bench
Pretty solid against Stoke but we still lack pace at the back.
Too early to make a call on Suarez(had to be an own goal didnt it?)but I thought he plays a bit like Maxi.
Early days but Chelsea at the home is a different task to Stoke at Anfield.
They dont have a lennon in their side who really makes our defence stretch but they have a couple of guys that are nippy enough to test our guys out.
That Spanish traitor isnt too slow either.:D

Alpha

Juniors
I got up and watched the game.

We played a 3 -5 -2

Suarez come on after about 60 mins and his work rate was impressive.

You cant compare him to Torres as there totally different players but as we all saw in the world cup he's a good footballer

HevyDevy

Coach
Disappoimted to see him leave but by all reports his attitude may well be behind his suspect form the past 18 months.

Glad we're not losing the Torres of 2 years ago although slightly concerned that he may suddenly reappear.

Anyway, what's done is done. Mereiles has made a difference since settling in and there are better signs, albeit with more players needed in certain positions.

WireMan

Bench
Disappoimted to see him leave but by all reports his attitude may well be behind his suspect form the past 18 months.

Glad we're not losing the Torres of 2 years ago although slightly concerned that he may suddenly reappear.

Anyway, what's done is done. Mereiles has made a difference since settling in and there are better signs, albeit with more players needed in certain positions.

By all reports?

Just watching him play the game showed his heart wasn't in it. He was going through the motions.

Hard to explain really. When on the ball he was dangerous because he is a good player, but it was when making runs especially to close people down. More of a "i'll run htere because i'm supposed to", not a "i'll run there because i want to", that he had at the start of his scouse career.

50 million was a good bit of business for him.

Foz

Bench
Interesting what John Henry had to say(is that his name because I always think of the racehorse).
The Fee for Torres was always going to be 15million above what Newcastle wanted for Carroll.
Doesnt matter to us if people think he's overpriced or not because Chelski were actually paying the fee for us if they wanted Torres.

Red Bear

Referee
1-0 victory over Chelski thanks to another goal from that man More Relish, f**king great performance from us. Carragher immense, Lucas very good, in fact most of the side bar maybe Maxi, who missed a sitter, very very good. 4 wins in a row and 4 clean sheets in a row. King Kenny killing it.

What a season eh, get beaten twice by Blackpool and beat Chelsea twice

Nevcost

Juniors
Anyone still calling Carragher too old, what an imense performance, clearly we've missed him dearly. Yeah I agree everyone seemed to give it a red hot go Maxi made a couple of errors but I don't care we got the three points that's all that matters. If Chelski keep this kind of play up Torres will be in the Europa League again next season.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
Lots of the praise must fall on the shoulder of King Kenny's sidekick Steve Clarke, he came in and sorted the defence out straight away.

Great victory this morning, the good thing about playing 3 at the back is that Carragher is rarely exposed for his lack of pace, he is our best defender and if only he still had the pace of yesteryear he would be immense still.

Lets not get carried away by this victory however, and just take it one game at a time, next up is Wigan at Anfield and we have to get another victory there.

Knightmare

Coach
The question is, could King Kenny become for us what Fergie has been for Manure these past 20 years? Except Kenny would be able to take responsibility for a loss every now and then :p

Noa

First Grade
I was watching some clips of this kid Raheem Sterling....f**k me, if he's not going to be a global star one day Im not here.

Doga

Juniors
I was watching some clips of this kid Raheem Sterling....f**k me, if he's not going to be a global star one day Im not here.

Liverpool play United in the FA Youth Cup next.

Will be interesting to see who shines in this game. Both team has highly rated youngsters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts