What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
Another game another win, up to 5th on goal difference, although Spuds have a game in hand. If we beat Spurs in a couple of weeks we can get that spot, not bad after where we were in the Woy Hodgson era

HevyDevy

Coach
What a difference Kenny has made and to be honest Torres' departure as well.

The arrival of Suarez and Carroll has rejuvenated our strike force and no longer do we rely on one man provide the goals.

With some astute recruitment ahead of next season we could again be a force.

Red Bear

Referee
Ahead of Spurs, win on sunday and we finish 5th, which is pretty decent considering where we were in the Woy era

shiznit

Coach
Ahead of Spurs, win on sunday and we finish 5th, which is pretty decent considering where we were in the Woy era
it has nothing to do with the millions of dollars that the owners gave to Queen Kennith?

while Hodgson was stuck with no money and forced to use that dud Torres as his spearhead... and Kennith gets a free pass to sell him and bring in some REAL talent...

Hardly fair to Roy Hodgson

Red Bear

Referee
it has nothing to do with the millions of dollars that the owners gave to Queen Kennith?

while Hodgson was stuck with no money and forced to use that dud Torres as his spearhead... and Kennith gets a free pass to sell him and bring in some REAL talent...

Hardly fair to Roy Hodgson
Well Suarez has helped, bar the City game Carroll hasnt been used much (more a long term signing than this season, albeit overpriced regardless). Other than that much of the same players. Gerrard has been injured much of the time (or suspended, lol). Agger has been injured. Carragher was out earlier on. Johnson has had a large amount of time in the injury room, Shelvy as well. We've introduced two 18 year full backs who look completely at home. Lucas has lifted huge amounts. Spearing is playing immensly when previously he was gash. Haxi Rodriguez is hitting hat tricks ffs. Our style of play has lifted enourmously, thanks to having a positive man manager around, one who doesnt criticize his players.

We also sold our most valuable (if not most inform) player mid year as well.

Hodgson was in charge in a difficult, negative time for the club, but that doesnt mean he did particulaly well. Playng Poulson, jovanovic, konchesky. Aargh. Criticising others in the press to protect his own signings. A negative negative method of playing. Not playing our best centre back, Agger, because he played the ball out of defense (rather than the hoofball of the Carra Skrtel combo).

For the first time in years, we are using our young players. Kelly is a gun when fit, and Flanagan and Robinson(who had one start last season) have fitted in the side very well, looking comfortable in defence and going forward.

We look like we might get 5th now after being in the relegation zone in october, getting done by blackpool and wolves at home etc.

Funnily enough, one of the best things is we also have a manager who couldnt give a f**k about other clubs. Rather than the worrying of Manure breathing down our necks (and now, bar a miracle over taking our titles record), which has been evident in the club for years as Fergie has outpsyched manager after manager, we have someone who doesnt care about them, simply about us, and it's great to say.

So spout your queen kenneth stuff all you want Shiznit, but it's great being a Liverpool fan with him back in charge.

WireMan

Bench
Its good Kenny is in charge. It was boring this year with Scousers giving up so easily. Especially the players. Some real proffesionals you have there.

Still the scousers have hope, which will make it even sweeter when we beat you!! :D

HowHigh

Coach
I don't think it will be such a bad thing if we miss out on the Europa league spot. Everyone knows what we really need is to win or at the least mount a series EPL title challenge in 11/12. Let's face it, the Europa league is pretty shit and not taken too seriously, so without the distraction and added games/injury worries we can solely concentrate on getting back to where we belong, the top of the EPL.

Jason Maher

Immortal
Liverpool have never been at the top of the EPL, so how you can talk about getting back to where you beloing is beyond me... :p

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think it will be such a bad thing if we miss out on the Europa league spot. Everyone knows what we really need is to win or at the least mount a series EPL title challenge in 11/12. Let's face it, the Europa league is pretty shit and not taken too seriously, so without the distraction and added games/injury worries we can solely concentrate on getting back to where we belong, the top of the EPL.

funny you should say that as I read an article yesterday saying we will use the Europa Cup to develop our juniors, assuming we get there

no one seems to take it too seriously but I guess its a bit of a come down after CL footy

HowHigh

Coach
funny you should say that as I read an article yesterday saying we will use the Europa Cup to develop our juniors, assuming we get there

no one seems to take it too seriously but I guess its a bit of a come down after CL footy
Yeah I guess thats a good point, we did get to see a lot more of some of our youngsters later in the season and they were pretty impressive. Would be good experience for them.

Alpha

Juniors
We need to get rid of the deadwood.

Definites:
Joe Cole
The Greek
Konchesky
Jovanovic
Poulsen
Degan
El Zhar
Insua
Aurelio

Possibles:
Ngog (I just don't think he's good enough)
Skrtl (I dont rate him the dirty foul merchant)
Aqualini (not suited to the prem but we need to get a good price)

Alpha

Juniors
Well Juve are refusing to meet our valuation for Aqualani hopefully another Serie A club make an offer.

On Aurelio he's on the wrong side of 30 and constantly injured.

Nevcost

Juniors
I would rather keep Skrtel than Agger. I think Skrtel has improved and is no longer the cheap tackle merchant he once was as he hadn't missed a game all season, whereas Agger is contantly injured.

I think this was year of two seasons and if Kenny Dalglish had of taken charge of the team at the start of the year we would have finished 4th and if Roy Hodgson had of been there the whole season we would have probably finished 10th or 11th.

HowHigh

Coach
Just an article about what Charlie Adam could bring to the team this season..

"As the mood of English football’s most celebrated sleeping giant lifted following the return of Kenny Dalglish last January, as did their level of performances on the pitch. Aided by the arrivals of Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll and the emergence of youngsters such as Martin Kelly and John Flanagan, Liverpool ended the season with a tactical fluidity that had been missing at Anfield for nearing two years.
That’s not to say that it was a flawless run-in. Tepid displays against the likes of Braga, West Brom and Tottenham showed Dalglish’s men to be lacking creative direction and an attacking plan B.
vs WEST BROM | 2/4/2011
LAST SEASON
139219.jpg

The vigour and work rate of the Reds in the middle of the park failed to hide the fact that there was a missing link to the front two of Carroll and Suarez.
As a result, the territory of Dalglish’s side remained in the centre of midfield as the side grew narrow, desperate for expansion on the flanks.
Unable to break against Roy Hodgson’s side, the temptation to kick and chase often proved too tempting for the team’s frustrated defenders with the game at 1-1. For the hosts, it was all too easy to defend against and the Baggies’ last-minute penalty rewarded the better side with three points.
However, with over £40 million worth of summer signings having joined the Reds, two new faces in particular can ensure that such one-dimensional play no longer need plague the Merseyside outfit. Just as when the club’s owners appointed King Kenny, Liverpool must look back to the not so distant past for inspiration.

THIS SEASON?
POSSIBLE LIVERPOOL LINE-UP
139220.jpg

Protected by Lucas, Charlie Adam’s wide-ranging distribution can be used to link up in close contact with the more advanced Steven Gerrard or spray balls to the flanks for Suarez and Stewart Downing to latch onto. From here, the Uruguayan can attack the box, cutting in from the channel whereas the former Aston Villa man can utilise his inch-perfect crossing ability to target Carroll in the area.
The more centralised route one option would also benefit, with Gerrard in a position to mop up knockdowns that have come from Carroll in the area in which he is most dangerous: just outside the 18-yard box.
With a three-pronged approach to goal such as this, Dalglish would be able to take advantage of Adam’s vision while maintaining the security of Lucas and the power of Gerrard.
A little more variety and less narrow-minded, this is the formation to continue Liverpool’s ascension."

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
He is to lazy to play that position.

Does not track back enough and would leave Lucas very exposed. You'd be better of putting Downing in there, putting Adam in Gerrards position and sticking Gerrard out wide. Then if he gets injured Suarez goes to that flank and Henderson comes in and plays right (or Kuyt).

Agger is a much better player than Skrtel, but is injured a lot. I'd play them both if possible and drop Carra but Agger doesn't play enough to build your defence around.

HowHigh

Coach
I haven't really seen a lot of him to be honest, Blackpool didn't get too many games shown.
I don't know about Gerrard out wide, he's better in the middle, and we brought downing in to play on the left.
Not sure if Aqualani is leaving or staying..looking more likely to stay and he was bought as a replacement for Alonso in the deep lying playmaker role, so him and Adam will compete over that spot.

We actually have some good depth/options in the midfield this season.
It's a pretty decent team, don't think we need to buy much more although I wouldn't mind seeing a LB (probably Jose Enrique from Newcastle) and a reliable backup striker on the cheap.

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
I haven't really seen a lot of him to be honest, Blackpool didn't get too many games shown.
I don't know about Gerrard out wide, he's better in the middle, and we brought downing in to play on the left.
Not sure if Aqualani is leaving or staying..looking more likely to stay and he was bought as a replacement for Alonso in the deep lying playmaker role, so him and Adam will compete over that spot.

We actually have some good depth/options in the midfield this season.
It's a pretty decent team, don't think we need to buy much more although I wouldn't mind seeing a LB (probably Jose Enrique from Newcastle) and a reliable backup striker on the cheap.

He is having a medical at the moment according to SSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts