What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowHigh

Coach
Yep confirmed on liverpoolfc.tv

"Liverpool FC confirmed today that they had agreed a fee with Newcastle United for the transfer of Jose Enrique.
The club have now been given permission to discuss personal terms with the player, who will travel to Liverpool to undergo a medical."

Good singing, that left back position was a problem all last season.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
can we please piss carragher off.

liking the squad this year, don't have to many expectations. Just want to see some consistency and not consistently shit for once.

Hopefully te squad can keep lifting for king kenny and build towards something.

laurie

Juniors
carra bossing the back so far. i agree hes past his best but he is the best we got back there unfortunately. I hope suarez is brought on soon.. to many long balls for carroll going on.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
yeah, dominated the midfield in the early stages so far with not much to show for it.

would've started with suarez and tried to blow em away early

Jack_Napier

Staff member
lucas has been a passenger for years. have never seen the value in the bloke.

we've finally got some width and more than one player with ability with the ball at his feet.

second week in a row a gunner has been shown the red.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
c'mon you reds.

first win at the emirates, downing has been excellent today.
plenty of movement off the ball which has been so good to watch.

only a win over a rattled gunners but who cares

laurie

Juniors
oh yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! god that second feels beta.. yeee haaa.. Lucas is MUCH beta than poulsen.. maybe aquallani but he must be going if he cant even make the reserves bench... id personally put gerrard there when hes back, we dont need him attacking anymore with wat we currently have. Thank god SUAREZ come on. did not see one long ball when he did ! The Liverpool supporters in fine voice now.. YNWA !!

Jack_Napier

Staff member
we attack so much more dangerously when luis comes on. plenty of movement and plenty of options available.

i could handle stevie G playin the alonso type role of a few years ago. select passing to get the attack started.

Big Sam

First Grade
First win against them in London in 11 years and first ever win at the Emirates. I can't believe our depth this season. We're gonna get a lot of impact from the bench I reckon.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
The king has definitly assembled a squad for the premier league, we've never had depth cos rafa made some shit house signings.

was a real good time to get the gunners as well, there a bit stung at the moment and pressures definitly mounting on the frenchman

HowHigh

Coach
Looks like Aquilani is going back to Serie A on loan to AC Milan this time..apparently passed the medical and deal is all but signed. Shame, he looked great in the pre season games is a talented player...never really got a chance at Liverpool.

Sebastian Coates should be singing for us any day now for around 3.5-4m, just needs to pass a medical and get a work visa. Uruguayan centre back who won young player of the tournament at the Copa America.

I think we need a striker still though, we're a bit thin up front if Suarez or Carroll goes down. We loaned out Pacheco to Atletico Madrid. Think there was talk of Bellamy?

Last edited:

HowHigh

Coach
I crahsed out couldn't stay awake but watched the highlights.
Good result, and that takes us to top of the table on goal difference (for the moment)
Was Suarez looking a bit tired? I was suprised he played in the Exeter game should have been rested

HowHigh

Coach
Coates singing confirmed.

Liverpool have confirmed the signing of Uruguay international Sebastian Coates on a long-term contract.

The 20-year-old completed his transfer from Nacional after passing a medical and securing a work permit earlier today.

Coates will now link up with his international teammates ahead of their friendly in Kiev on Friday night.

Now a backup striker please!

HowHigh

Coach
Looks like Cole is going to France on loan.

"Now for some news on Joe Cole's imminent season-long loan to French champions, Lille. As part of the deal, French media are reporting that Liverpool will be given first refusal on Eden Hazard, which could scupper any potential deal for Arsenal to sign the Belgian. L'Equipe are stating that if Cole signs for Lille, he will live in London and commute to training every morning by Eurostar, a 90 minute journey."

Also good news if true about Hazzard...stop a rival getting him and means he could possibly become a Liverpool player in January or for the 2012/13 season.

Edit: Confirmed on liverpoolfc.tv that the Joe Cole loan deal has been finalised

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts