What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Band On The Run

Juniors
A 2-2 draw, Evertonians are stoked and Liverpool fans are underwhelmed. Tells you everything, really.

I personally was pretty disappointed at the result, even if we were 2-0 down as we dominated possession and had more shots on goal. Not to mention that Sterling should've got a second yellow in the first half, while Suarez should've got a yellow in the first and a straight red in the second.

Knightmare

Coach
I personally was pretty disappointed at the result, even if we were 2-0 down as we dominated possession and had more shots on goal. Not to mention that Sterling should've got a second yellow in the first half, while Suarez should've got a yellow in the first and a straight red in the second.

If Suarez should have gone, he would have been following Fellaini up the tunnel...

Foz

Bench
1-1 at chelski. I can live with that.

(Didn't watch the game though)

They were on top in the first half and though there werent a lot of chances they shouldve been up by 2 at the break.

We shaded them in the second half and deserved the goal.
Finished the stronger in my opinion.We did have a pretty clear chance when Suarez only had the keeper in front of him but he blew it so draw was a fair result.

Joe Allen had a pretty ordinary game giving a few balls away and no doubt the Chelsea players got the better of him.

Suarez was his usual self for us the good the bad and the ugly all in one but he probably got the nod as our best.

We played 5 at the back in the first half (cant remember now if it was Skrtel or Agger who was missing)but Carra got a run at the back.He assisted with our goal as he won the ball from a corner and put it on a plate for Suarez to nod home.

We do lack firepower up front despite Suarez putting a few away.
He's the lone ranger playing up front.

t10do

Juniors

Quite literally! Anybody else find it funny that after he scored..........NOBODY celebrated with him. I knew everbody else wanted to get the game re-started and go for the 3 points, but come in!:D Even Suarez had this look on his face of "was I offside or something?":lol:

I agree on a number of fronts Foz. That was Allen's least impressive game in a red shirt. He was not horrible....but had one of those games.

It was Skrtel that was missing. The system seemed to work for the most part and their clear cut chances seemed to evolve from us losing the ball in midfield...or in the case f the goal, playing it off the ref!

Sahin is obviously a quality player but still seems to be adapting to the pace of the league. Would like to see a lot more from him.

Red Bear

Referee
They were on top in the first half and though there werent a lot of chances they shouldve been up by 2 at the break.

We shaded them in the second half and deserved the goal.
Finished the stronger in my opinion.We did have a pretty clear chance when Suarez only had the keeper in front of him but he blew it so draw was a fair result.

Joe Allen had a pretty ordinary game giving a few balls away and no doubt the Chelsea players got the better of him.

Suarez was his usual self for us the good the bad and the ugly all in one but he probably got the nod as our best.

We played 5 at the back in the first half (cant remember now if it was Skrtel or Agger who was missing)but Carra got a run at the back.He assisted with our goal as he won the ball from a corner and put it on a plate for Suarez to nod home.

We do lack firepower up front despite Suarez putting a few away.
Another example of where we missed Lucas IMO, he should be in Allens role and Allen further up the field.

Knightmare

Coach
A clinical performance this morning. Never looked like they were going to lose against a Wigan side whose attempt at a hatchet job didn't pay off for them this time. Even from a fans' perspective it was almost boring to watch after the second goal, but I'm sure there are plenty of us who'd like to be able to say that more often after Liverpool home matches the past couple of seasons. El Pistolero continues his brilliant form :D.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
How good are Luis and Raheem working off each other. Great link up play all game. I thought our best was Enrique. Hustled his ass off in gettin back to help wisdom in defence and caused constant head aches with the ball in attack. Delivered plenty of dangerous looking crosses as well. Disappointed Suso was taken off early, looked to be getting into the game and would've loved to have seen him link with Luis, raheem and Enrique.

Just glad we won and won well at home for once.

t10do

Juniors
When I first heard about the starting lineup I thought that Johnson would play in midfield and not Enrique. Good on him though for doing a good job and getting his goal. To me, he should always be in the 11. I wonder how much we will get for Downing? I also heard Assaidi was set to start then got injured during the last training run?

A relatively comfortable victory, and as has been said, we have not really said that a lot at Anfield this year.

Nevcost

Juniors
A boring win but a win the same better then an entertaining loss, but am a bit worried what will happen with Louis Suarez being suspended against West Ham though.

With January fast approaching who do you think we will end up signing, we need more goals but with Suarez's performances we can't really bring in a forward and shift him so I reckon the we should get a couple of players who can work in tandem with Suarez as a winger or advanced midfielder. Here are a couple we have been linked, which would be realistic would be Henrikh Mkhitaryan from Shakhtar Donetsk FC and Dries Mertens from PSV both have currently had excellent seasons and would probably would ask for as much in wages as one Theo Walcott would.

http://www.football411.com/story/0,22162,14289_8262520,00.html
http://www.panarmenian.net/eng/news/131493/Liverpool_FC_may_sign_on_Henrikh_Mkhitaryan

HowHigh

Coach
Thankf**k for that

Two wins in a row, first time this season for us I believe?

We've got a few more 'easy' fixtures coming up, Villa (home), Fulham (home), Stoke (away), QPR (away), Sunderland (home). Hopefully we can get on a roll and get some more wins.

HowHigh

Coach
Yeah that's probably the hardest out of the five games but I'd hope for at least 10 of a possible 15 points

t10do

Juniors
Two wins in a row, first time this season for us I believe?

I think I recall us wining the league cup game the week we smashed Norwich? I may be wrong. In any case, it is about winning two LEAGUE games in a row that we should eb happy with.......my, how expectations have fallen!:roll::D

As for the game. I guess three points is three points. Aston Villa on paper should be another three, but as mentioned, you never know.

Did Sahin actually break his nose?

Status
Not open for further replies.