What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragooner

Bench
He'll be demanding a MASSIVE transfer fee. Would Rafa be allowed to splash that much? He would be keen to go now. Valencia in MASSIVE trouble.

Foz

Bench
I havent seen much of Silva lately but 12 months ago he was on fire.
I'd love to have him if he can reproduce that form in the Premier League.
Anyone know how he's been going lately because there's no way I'd want him to leave my club if he was still the same player of 12 months ago?(not taking into account the Valencia money worries of course).
I'd reckon Rafa would get money for Silva if he had to and Carson,Crouch,and Riise leaving could help finance a deal.If not he'll find it.

Foz

Bench
Played Derby tonight and in a performance that can only be described as disgraceful we got away with a 2-1 win.
Derby were woeful in the first half and despite a great individual goal by Torres and a couple of misses by Babel and Carragher we were nearly as bad.
The second half saw Derby improve out of sight and equalised with about 22 mins to go.
Luckily we have Steven Gerrard in the team and after hitting the crossbar in the 86th minute he put away the winner in the 89th.
Derby will feel bad about not getting a free kick up the other end of the field but Gerrard received the ball from our defence,ran 60 metres to create a chance for Torres which Derby could only clear and Gerrard put the follow up away.
Could be wrong but I think its his 11th goal in his last 13 matches.
Torres has 15 from his 18 appearances this year(9 in the Premiership).
Rafa reeled in 5 changes to start the match and we lost Hypia to injury early in the second half.The performance reflected that of a team with 5 changes and you can bet he'll be making plenty for the trip to Manchester City on Sunday.
Stats Shots On Target
Liverpool 10 Derby 4
Off Target
Liverpool 12 Derby 5
Possession
Liverpool 62%
Derby 38%
Free Kicks 9-all
Corners
Liverpool 7 Derby 2

Bumble

First Grade
fat_mike said:
pompey for mine are alot like blackburn. dogged tough teams that can trouble the bigger sides.

..what?

Pompey are one of the most entertaining teams in the Premiership...players like Kranjcar, Muntari, Benjani, Utaka etc are certainly not "dogged"

Liverpool are far less exciting to watch (no offense)

HevyDevy

Coach
Veronin is a problem - far worse than Kuyt.

But yes, it would be nice to have someone other than Torres to score goals up front.

We still rely too heavily on one or two players in that regard.

Foz

Bench
Rafa only made 4 changes for this mornings match with Man City.
Hypia was ruled out with an ankle injury and I thought tonights game showed us we are a bit soft in that area of the pitch at the moment,remembering Agger is still out.
The game ended 0-0 but it was a much better performance from Liverpool than the rubbish they served up at Derby.
Probably had the better of the game but Man City showed a ton of guts holding us off at the end as we mounted attack after attack.
Both clubs would be happy with the performances.
Hardly a bad player on the field and it was a real good game despite the 0-0 scoreline.
If I had to name a best player for us it would of been Carra and for City Dunne.
Both central defenders but as I said it was a much better game than 0-0 would indicate.

Stats
Shots on Target
Man City 3 Liverpool 11
Off Target
Man City 1 Liverpool 8
Corners
Man City 2 Liverpool 9
Free Kicks
Man City 6 Liverpool 3

Possession Man City 55% Liverpool 45% (that one shocked me but I dont do the stats).

Tom Shines

First Grade
Exactly, was one of the least boring 0-0 draws I've seen.
Dunne was immense. Only really Elano and Kewell played poorly.

HevyDevy

Coach
That's the end of our Premiership challenge.

Our season always comes to an end with a game like that - one in which we dominate but can't score.

I recall a few years ago we were topping the table seven or eight games into the season - then we played Sunderland:

Score: 0-0
Shots on Goal: 22-0

I'll never forget it.

Red Bear

Referee
challenge not over, altho this is sounding more and more optimistic by the day.

Worry about winning our games tho.

Foz

Bench
I have no doubt we are as good if not better than any other team in the comp.(although I have the deepest respect for Arsenal and the way they play football so if we dont win it I hope they do).
Theres no doubt the Rafa rotation policy has effected us and if you dont believe that your kidding yourself.
The Manure fans were upset about them resting a couple of players on the weekend.Imagine if they made as many changes as us each week.
One thing they have is a manager that knows how to win an English Title.
We dont.
Save Rafa etc etc but its taking him a long time to wake up.
Someone came up with a stat with changes and game replacements about a week ago and somehow we were over 325 already.No reference to who or what credibility the guy had but if its half right its amazing.

Dragooner

Bench
If I was you blokes I'd be more worried about winning 1 game at a time and not about winning the league and new signings. Because seriously Citeh, Villa and the Toffee's are right up you ass and never doubt the Rovers and Pompey.

Red Bear

Referee
hopefully alonso starts getting a run again, and we get agger back in our defence, he's been a huge loss for the vast majority of the season. How would Manure be faring wthout ferdinand or arsenal without Toure/gallas for the mjority of the season?
And we wont be leaving the big four, we're better than that. We just happen to finally be moving on from the sh*t spot that Houlier left us in + the transfers we got when we didnt have money (ie pennant, kuyt etc). we need another striker badly but i wouldnt be surprised if we dint get one till the off season, not sure what we'll get in january. Wouldnt mind selling Momo and a striker and attempt to get Villa + sign up Mascherano

Tom Shines

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
If I was you blokes I'd be more worried about winning 1 game at a time and not about winning the league and new signings. Because seriously Citeh, Villa and the Toffee's are right up you ass and never doubt the Rovers and Pompey.
I'm confident we can knock off the Dippers and grab that fourth spot. We have some easy
away games to come (Reading, Boro, Birmers, Notlob, Derby, and Sundy) and Sven is primed to unleash some good signings (Castillo, Bojinov may as well be a new signing, and one of Anelka, Crouch, Jefferson Farfan and David Villa).

We play Liverpool second-last match away and that game should decide fourth spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts