What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Poor finishing cost Liverpool in this one.
Having said that Man U did clear 2 off the line and where was the referee looking when Tevez hand balled?Torres headed one of the off line clearances just wide and Babel missed a chance late in the game by centimetres.
Torres got a nice little push too which might have ended up a penalty if it was a Man U player at Old Trafford.
Final Stats
Shots on Target
Liverpool 6 Man U 2

Off Target
Liverpool 13 Man U 3.

Says it all really.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Foz said:
Poor finishing cost Liverpool in this one.
Having said that Man U did clear 2 off the line and where was the referee looking when Tevez hand balled?Torres headed one of the off line clearances just wide and Babel missed a chance late in the game by centimetres.
Torres got a nice little push too which might have ended up a penalty if it was a Man U player at Old Trafford.
Final Stats
Shots on Target
Liverpool 6 Man U 2

Off Target
Liverpool 13 Man U 3.

Says it all really.

How wide do you want the goals?

Enough said! Did the unstoppable Torres play?

Foz

Bench
Dogaholic said:
How wide do you want the goals?

Enough said! Did the unstoppable Torres play?

Their not my stats they are the stats off the TV coverage.
Its pretty clear though that you could count Man U's chances on one hand.
Tevez only had the one shot in the match and he put it away.
Liverpools finishing was poor and 13 shots off target does say it all.
How would you interpret it?

Did anyone think that there was a bit of luck about Man U's goal as well?
Looked like a mis-hit/deflected shot to me that ended up at Tevez feet.
Unfortunately for us though we didnt take our chances and they did.

Dogaholic

First Grade
Did you watch the game?

Step back and think about it...

How many chances did liverpool actually create?

Those 2 goal line scrambles were not created by Liverpool. VDS forgot he had eyes in his head lol

The answer is none. None of their play amounted to anything. Liverpool played into United's hands.

United created more clear cut opportunities than Liverpool did.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Dogaholic said:
Did the unstoppable Torres play?

Turns out he did (I was shocked too), he was just occupying Rio's back pocket all game. Kuyt's own lack of ability had him in his own back pocket.

Red Bear

Referee
Wow, torres has an average game, you cant dispute his performances on that alone. Would help if he had the side around him that tevez does.
that was a pretty average performance by us, bennayoun and kewell were both terrible

Dogaholic

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Turns out he did (I was shocked too), he was just occupying Rio's back pocket all game. Kuyt's own lack of ability had him in his own back pocket.

:lol:

For some reason I just pictured a dog chasing its own tail.

Knightmare

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DIPPERPOOL 0 - MANCHESTER UNITED 1

HAVE THAT DIRTY SCOUSE CHEATS!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!

:lol:

(Tevez scored by the way, for those interested).

We, the fans of those "Dirty Scouse Cheats" will still be cheering them on when that wonderful day comes when the Premier League trophy returns to Anfield. Long after United aren't winning anymore and their fanbase virtually halves...

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
Knightmare said:
We, the fans of those "Dirty Scouse Cheats" will still be cheering them on when that wonderful day comes when the Premier League trophy returns to Anfield. Long after United aren't winning anymore and their fanbase virtually halves...

That you Harry?

Foz

Bench
Playing Chelsea on Thursday morning in the League Cup.
Think its on Fox Sports.
Wondering what sort of side we'll put out.
Alonso should be back from injury as he was availalable for the Man U game but they thought it a bit early to risk him.
Agger has to be close and Finnan would be in that category as well.
Ideally all 3 would be available and it would be a good game to get some fitness into them.
Chelsea normally send out a pretty strong side for these games so it should make for good viewing.

Foz

Bench
Played Portsmouth overnight and Rafa kept the same side as the last Premier League Game and the Champions League Game.
Forgetting the Carling Cup game thats the same side 3 times in a row.
Is there a policy change?
Anyway the game was really over after about 16 mins when we led 2-0 after a goal by Yossi Benayoun and an own goal which was quite unlucky for Portsmouth but just about summed up their half.
They did score early enough in the second half but then Torres scored the first of his two second half goals and the end result of 4-1 was just about a real reflection of how the game went.
Torres has started 17 times for Liverpool and scored 14 goals.Given he's started a couple of those games far from being fit thats a pretty good strike rate.No Liverpool player has scored 20 goals in a season since 1996 or 1997.If Rafa hadnt rotated Torres he may of reached 20 already and Liverpool might be a bit higher up the ladder but thats another story.
Best for Liverpool was Torres and Harry played pretty well also.A couple of players continue to disappoint but I'll keep that to myself.
Alonso didnt back up from the League Cup game and Agger and Finnan still havent made the team sheet so I'm assuming they are still injured.Pennant is back training too.
Next up away to Derby on boxing day.Its on Fox (you have to hit that red button to watch it as there are a couple of other games on at the same time).

lolesi

First Grade
Pompey are a difficult team to play, was good to get a win and somewhat get back on track.

I wasn't able to watch the game Foz, who was disappointing?

fat_mike

Juniors
pompey for mine are alot like blackburn. dogged tough teams that can trouble the bigger sides. didnt watch the game either but from the reports on bbc.co.uk we played well. Bout time we see a decent goal scorer for the reds. to many donkeys for years(with exception to God and owen).

Foz

Bench
lolesi said:
Pompey are a difficult team to play, was good to get a win and somewhat get back on track.

I wasn't able to watch the game Foz, who was disappointing?

Only my opinion and I hate bagging our players but......(a forward and a defender)

One tries his heart out but doesnt always cut it whilst the other's use by date is up.(the second might apply to 2 players but I'll make it easy and say I think Hypia is playing better the more he plays-so I'm not referring to him).
Its hard to cut a guy who's given great service but the guy I'm referring to hasnt scored for about 12 months and his form has been average.
Maybe a new club will help revive his career.
Could be good for both parties.
We need a couple of defenders despite our defence going pretty well-Agger and Finnan will help when they get back.
Torres is a standout up front and we really lack fire power if he doesnt produce.Luckily he's shown he's worth every cent we paid for him.

fat_mike

Juniors
gotta be kuyt and riise, although i'd be very happy if agger was palying so sami can take a seat.

lolesi

First Grade
Kuyt is a joke and has to go, sure he runs all day etc etc. but he is a striker, and was purchased to score goals, and he simply doesn't do it.

Riise, well besides a strong left boot he really offers nothing, i think Aurelio will take his position in the next couple of weeks when he is back to full match fitness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts