What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolesi

First Grade
I would just love to have another potent striking partner for next season, Nando is just a gun.

fat_mike

Juniors
nando and babel upfront, rafa needs to do it. let babel receive the passes instead of having to create. got a decent shot on him aswell.

Foz said:
It was a nice strike too. (gives the Kenny comment the miss):?

Newcastle,Inter then,Manure,Arsenal and Everton(cant remember which order we play the last 3)but it will test us out.
Poor West Ham came with a lot of injuries and nothing to play for.
Might take them a few games to roll into some form.

Corners 16-3
Shots On 11-2
Shots off 8-0
Free Kicks 16-9
Possession 57%

'Pool will belt Newcastle 3 or 4 blot. Torres will get a brace.

Tough after that though.

HevyDevy

Coach
The problem remains that Torres and Gerrard scored the goals - as usual.

I'd still have Crouch insead of Kuyt although Kuyt isn't playing a striker's role anymore, mainly because he can't score.

I would always have two of Babel, Pennant and Kewell on the field at any one time to give more width.

Anyway, where are the Man U supporters telling us how crap Torres is?

Mad Dogg

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Anyway, where are the Man U supporters telling us how crap Torres is?
He's very good. Too bad he left the club he loves so that he could play in the CL, and it now looks like Atletico might make it and Liverpool might not.

;-)

Seriously though, as a Man Utd supporter I see Liverpool's strongest side as the second team Saint Dragon posted. Alonso and Mascherano anchoring the midfield, Gerrard, Babel and Benayoun buzzing and rotating behind Torres. The more games you give the likes of Kuyt and Voronin, the better for Everton.

Red Bear

Referee
torres really is fantastic. Apart from a few games this year hes been supurb. The notable one is of course Man Yew which was a poor game, altho having no competent strike partners doesnt help there. Against arsenal he was not fully fit and i thought he looked unfit against inter as well. Never the less a supurb debut season in the EPL

Foz

Bench
Apart from Gerrard last night Thought we were average.
Rafa playing close to his best side though is making a huge difference.
Another lucky goal last night this time to Pennant(2 in a year so I suppose the saying you make your own luck comes to mind) and no surprises to who our other goal scorers were.No surprise either that we didnt score when they came off.
Rafa playing 3 central defenders at the end of the match has me worried about what tactics he'll use against Inter during the week(put Mascherno back in-he missed last nights game)and all of a sudden we'll have team with a very defensive attitude.
Stats
Shots on 13-2(Gerrard had 5 shots on)
Shots off 2-2
Possession 53%
Free Kicks 8-6
Goals 3(Pennant-bet he claims it,Torres,Gerrard)to 0.
Yellow Card-Riise

HevyDevy

Coach
Mad Dogg said:
He's very good. Too bad he left the club he loves so that he could play in the CL, and it now looks like Atletico might make it and Liverpool might not.

;-)

Seriously though, as a Man Utd supporter I see Liverpool's strongest side as the second team Saint Dragon posted. Alonso and Mascherano anchoring the midfield, Gerrard, Babel and Benayoun buzzing and rotating behind Torres. The more games you give the likes of Kuyt and Voronin, the better for Everton.

Yeah true although I'm not sure about Benayoun.

Thank Goid Voronin isn't playing in the first team anymore.

By the way, I'm more than happy for you to post like you have here with a decent post - it's more the people that come here to put sh*t on Liverpool that annoy me.

So all good :D

HevyDevy

Coach
Foz said:
Apart from Gerrard last night Thought we were average.
Rafa playing close to his best side though is making a huge difference.
Another lucky goal last night this time to Pennant(2 in a year so I suppose the saying you make your own luck comes to mind) and no surprises to who our other goal scorers were.No surprise either that we didnt score when they came off.
Rafa playing 3 central defenders at the end of the match has me worried about what tactics he'll use against Inter during the week(put Mascherno back in-he missed last nights game)and all of a sudden we'll have team with a very defensive attitude.
Stats
Shots on 13-2(Gerrard had 5 shots on)
Shots off 2-2
Possession 53%
Free Kicks 8-6
Goals 3(Pennant-bet he claims it,Torres,Gerrard)to 0.
Yellow Card-Riise

Yep, played far better against West Ham but a win is a win

Ridders

Coach
to me Livo were pretty average, apart from the first 5 mins or so, for most of the first half. The Livo players did a better job than Newcastle ever could at negating Torres by by rarely getting him the ball in decent positions. That freak goal from Pennant really was a dagger that Newcastle never recovered from.

The game re-enforced to me again that pool' have sh*t all out wide. Pennant and Bennayoun are decent, but in the game so many of their crosses either fell short or were no where near the intended target. Which sorta stumps me as to why Rafa would dig out roughly 16 mill pounds to keep Mascherano when he so badly needs some good wingers.

skeepe

Immortal
Oh how I kinda wish there wasn't the second leg against Inter so soon... would have won by 6 or 7 had Gerrard and Torres stayed on. Those two were brilliant, the less said about the rest the better, IMO.

HevyDevy

Coach
Unfortunately you're not wrong Skeepe - without those two we're f**ked.

But I also believe that Kewell and Pennant need more game time to at least supply some width (and Babel of course but he's young and raw)

Mad Dogg

Juniors
HevyDevy said:
Yeah true although I'm not sure about Benayoun.
Benayoun is the best of a sad bunch. Benayoun, Pennant, Kewell (sad to say, but he's not the player he was). They're basically at the same level as Park is for us, and he's our 4th choice. The fact that Babel is your only quality winger, and he's an inconsistent kid who is perhaps better at striker says it all.

You don't need to get someone worldclass, even someone like Bentley or Young would improve Liverpool massively. Not that I want to see that happen.

skeepe

Immortal
I'm not sold on Babel yet. Not as a winger. He gets forward often enough, but 99 times out of 100 his pass will find either the opposition or the sideline. We need someone who can provide quality service from the flanks. Kewell can do it, but probably not as consistently as he used to. Benayoun isn't too bad, but he's not the best either. Pennant is a bit of a mixed bag.

Joe Cole, Lampard and Wright-Phillips are apparently on their way out of Chelski this summer. As much as I deride the team, they'd all look bloody good in the mighty red.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Why the f**k would Liverpool need Lumpard when they have Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano in the middle?

Cole and Wright-Phillips fair enough. Anyone is better than Pennant and Benayoun, both rubbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts