What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
ParraDude_Jay said:
Inter are Italian heavyweights and European pussycats IMO (and because you love to bite, this has nothing to do with the quality of Italian football). Compared to Liverpool who can now focus all their attention on the Champion's League and usually do well regardless, plus coming off a disgraceful loss like this, I think they'll do Inter.

Would be happy to be proven wrong though.

Inter should be ashamed of themselves if they lose. Not that I really care as they barely have a single Italian player on their roster. They are much better than Liverpool though and have quality all over the park.

Going for someone in this game is like choosing between two turds.

Foz

Bench
Played Inter Milan this morning in the Champions League.
Same old story where we created a heap but didnt deliver too much.
We won 2-0 and deserved too but really we should of put a few more away particularly as they went down a man after half an hour.
Same old stats too.They never had a shot on or off target in the first half and never had a shot on target in the match.
That stat was 23 shots for Liverpool(7 on) Inter 3 shots (0 on).
Corners 10-1.
Had a couple of penalty appeals dismissed.1 was fair enough but Viera(old Arsenal player)actually lifted his arms and the ball hit him.Very lucky IMO.
Kuyt scored the first goal for us 80 odd minutes and Gerrard got the second with a minute to go.
Good win but it wont be that easy in Italy.Hope that Viera penalty decision doesnt come back to bite us.
Oh and Rafa made some changes to the side that played Barnsley in the FA Cup.That might shock the footballing world.To be honest though Barnsley were more threatening than Inter ever looked.

HevyDevy

Coach
I'm just stunned that Kuyt has scored twice in a week!

But yeah it's the usual Liverpool - dominate shots on goal without scoring. Still, a far better performance than the turd we've dished up the past few months.

ParraDude, you seem to spend more time here than in your own threads?

Red Bear

Referee
kuts goal was sh*thouse shot, smacked into the ground and needed a deflection, i dont like him scoring cos it means he'll just keep getting picked.

ParraDude_Jay

First Grade
ParraDude_Jay said:
Inter are Italian heavyweights and European pussycats IMO (and because you love to bite, this has nothing to do with the quality of Italian football). Compared to Liverpool who can now focus all their attention on the Champion's League and usually do well regardless, plus coming off a disgraceful loss like this, I think they'll do Inter.

:cool:

Sorry, had to.

Oh and I spend so much time in here because I know damn well if the shoe was on the other foot you lot would be spending all your time bothering us in our thread.

skeepe

Immortal
hybrid_tiger said:
Not surprising. Inter are a joke.

Doesn't say much for the rest of the Serie A then, does it? What with Inter being 11 points clear at the top and all.

Finally you admit it. Serie A is a sub-standard comp at best.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
skeepe said:
Doesn't say much for the rest of the Serie A then, does it? What with Inter being 11 points clear at the top and all.

Finally you admit it. Serie A is a sub-standard comp at best.

How would you know, you've never watched a Serie A game in your life. Just another bitter Aussie with no clue. Stick to league.

In fact, the same idiots came out with same statements last year. Then what happened? Three English teams in the quarters and they all fell flat on their faces in dog sh1t. :lol:

Last 20 years of European Competition: Italian clubs have won 17 titles, English clubs 6. Thats not including European Super Cups and World Club Cups either.

Yes, thats certainly sub-standard at best :oops:

skeepe

Immortal
I've watched plenty of Serie A. Total snorefest the lot of it. I used to like it, back in the mid-to-late 90's, but the quality has fallen away so far it's embarrassing really.

Inter didn't just lose, they were completely dominated. Didn't have a single shot in the first half, and not much to write home about in the second half. This against a team that are struggling rather badly in the Premier League.

Given that Inter are undefeated this season in the Serie A, it's almost irrefutable proof how far the standard has slipped. You may be able to fool yourself by covering your ears and saying it ain't so, but the rest of us know what you are so unable to grasp. Italian football is sh*t.

Red Bear

Referee
hybrid_tiger said:
How would you know, you've never watched a Serie A game in your life. Just another bitter Aussie with no clue. Stick to league.

In fact, the same idiots came out with same statements last year. Then what happened? Three English teams in the quarters and they all fell flat on their faces in dog sh1t. :lol:

Last 20 years of European Competition: Italian clubs have won 17 titles, English clubs 6. Thats not including European Super Cups and World Club Cups either.

Yes, thats certainly sub-standard at best :oops:
of course england were excluded from the comp the first few years of that and took a long time to recover. Before being excluded english clubs had won every comp from 67-82 and also 84, along with making the 85 final. After that they were exlcuded for 5 year , liverpool 6, which finished off their dominance of the comp.
All fell flat on their faces? All 3 made the semi's and one the final? Fair effort. No liverpool didnt manage to win (despite playing better than milan for the entire first half before an utterly sh*thouse goal to inzaghi) but still a fair performance from one competition.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
skeepe said:
I've watched plenty of Serie A. Total snorefest the lot of it. I used to like it, back in the mid-to-late 90's, but the quality has fallen away so far it's embarrassing really.

Inter didn't just lose, they were completely dominated. Didn't have a single shot in the first half, and not much to write home about in the second half. This against a team that are struggling rather badly in the Premier League.

Given that Inter are undefeated this season in the Serie A, it's almost irrefutable proof how far the standard has slipped. You may be able to fool yourself by covering your ears and saying it ain't so, but the rest of us know what you are so unable to grasp. Italian football is sh*t.

You've watched f**k all of Serie A. The quality is far better than most of the rubbish in the EPL, excluding Man Utd and Arsenal. After all, a league where the entire 23 world champions plied their trade certainly can't be as bad as you think. :lol:

Nothing has changed in Serie A since the 90s besides crowd trouble, financial problems of some clubs and lack of media coverage in backwaters like Australia. The quality of football is still high. You only have to look at the quality of young Italian players coming through - in terms of talent Italy has never looked so promising. All thanks to Serie A.

Liverpool always struggle in the premier league and perform well in the CL. Means absolutely nothing in the scope of your argument. They even won the CL when they finished 5th in 2005. Inter also had a player sent off. Not that I care anyway, as I hate Inter and their ridiculous policy of fielding teams full of foreigners.

A better way to measure the quality of leagues is European trophies won and in that case its 17-6. Poms (whats left of them anyway, EPL is largely propped up by foreigners) are inadequate in all areas. Paints quite the picture.

EPL is nothing more than overhyped marketing wank, which continually sucks in clueless Aussies (and many other people around the world) like yourself. They have the best marketing and presentation of product, undisputed. Unfortunately, the aerial ping pong they call football is sh1t most of the time with the exception of a few clubs.

Red Bear, don't make excuses. They fell flat on their faces because of the media circus that proclaimed an English winner before the semi's were even played, much like supporters of the EPL over here. Same sh1t, different smell. Arrogance for what I can see as very little reason.

English won alot of those European comps in the same era of black and white television and betamax video tapes. Of their 6 European titles in the last 20 years (which IMO is a fair number of years to go back on), 3 of them were the Cup Winners Cup, which as you all know has been axed for a number of years now as it was relatively insignificant. So realistically, 3 worthy titles vs 17. But since I'm feeling generous we'll make it 6.

The history is there. And thats not even including the stats on the National teams which is even more embarassing for England. :oops:

Sorry, but anyone who tries to tell me the Serie A lacks quality is f**king kidding themselves. Stupidest comment ever. All the evidence suggests otherwise. Look at the World Cup, the current national side, the youth coming through, the youth systems of a number of quality clubs etc. etc.

England would die to have these things. Instead, all they have is a well marketed league, propped up by foreigners and a rubbish, failure of a national team with little talent to choose from - and now they've been forced to employ Italians to save them. :lol:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Also, the majority of Aussies will never be able to appreciate Serie A properly because no Australian sports broadcaster will ever do a proper job on the broadcasting of it and SBS will never be able to afford the TV rights. Which is why its laughable to see people like Skeepe bag the league when they don't watch it - unless of course you have RAI, but I sincerely doubt that. Full of sh1t.

In the UK recently, I watched the Serie A on CH5 who have this hot Italian chick anchoring the Sunday afternoon live game with proper commentators and analysts. Unfortunately in Australia not enough people care about football do do a proper job with Serie A.

IMO there are plenty of people in Australia who would love to watch Serie A, so if somebody did decide to broadcast it properly it would be a huge success. Still, its not completely inaccessible here. RAI International shows four matches a week, two on Saturday, one on Sunday afternoon (with all goals from all the afternoon games shown as they happen) and the Sunday night game.

The picture quality isn't the best and the commentary is in Italian, but you don't need English commentary to watch a football match. It's not marketed at all, but it is there if you want to watch it.

Once people actually sit down and consistently watch the Serie A I guarantee they'll enjoy it and get a real understanding about what makes Italian domestic football so great in terms of the tactics of the teams and the technique of the players etc.

Its a high quality football competition (only an idiot would argue against that) and people will always enjoy watching the best. Simple.

Foz

Bench
Playing Boro tonight at Anfield.
Carra wont be playing as he will serve his suspension for yellow cards.
Skrtel has been injured and Agger(remember him)has just recommenced training.Look for the return Inter match for him.
We'll have to play a makeshift central defender.
If Rafa is true to his word this should be the only change to the side that played Inter(dont bank on it).
Play our top side we'll win.Anything less and who knows?

Red Bear said:
of course england were excluded from the comp the first few years of that and took a long time to recover. Before being excluded english clubs had won every comp from 67-82 and also 84, along with making the 85 final. After that they were exlcuded for 5 year , liverpool 6, which finished off their dominance of the comp.
All fell flat on their faces? All 3 made the semi's and one the final? Fair effort. No liverpool didnt manage to win (despite playing better than milan for the entire first half before an utterly sh*thouse goal to inzaghi) but still a fair performance from one competition.

are you talking about the european cup?

Tom Shines

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Also, the majority of Aussies will never be able to appreciate Serie A properly because no Australian sports broadcaster will ever do a proper job on the broadcasting of it and SBS will never be able to afford the TV rights. Which is why its laughable to see people like Skeepe bag the league when they don't watch it - unless of course you have RAI, but I sincerely doubt that. Full of sh1t.

In the UK recently, I watched the Serie A on CH5 who have this hot Italian chick anchoring the Sunday afternoon live game with proper commentators and analysts. Unfortunately in Australia not enough people care about football do do a proper job with Serie A.

IMO there are plenty of people in Australia who would love to watch Serie A, so if somebody did decide to broadcast it properly it would be a huge success. Still, its not completely inaccessible here. RAI International shows four matches a week, two on Saturday, one on Sunday afternoon (with all goals from all the afternoon games shown as they happen) and the Sunday night game.

The picture quality isn't the best and the commentary is in Italian, but you don't need English commentary to watch a football match. It's not marketed at all, but it is there if you want to watch it.

Once people actually sit down and consistently watch the Serie A I guarantee they'll enjoy it and get a real understanding about what makes Italian domestic football so great in terms of the tactics of the teams and the technique of the players etc.

Its a high quality football competition (only an idiot would argue against that) and people will always enjoy watching the best. Simple.
Mate so did I! She was f**king hot!

The thing with Serie A is from what I can gather, the lower teams aren't afraid to stick it up the big guns, and try to win the game. Unlike the EPL, where Birmingham will try to play for a draw against Chelsea or someone and end up getting done 1-0 without having a shot on target.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
You still overseas Wheelsy?

She is smoking hot. As are most of the Italian girls that are on the football programs, they are all glamours!

Foz

Bench
Beat Boro 3-2 in a game where there was many talking points.
*a first half disallowed goal for handball by a Boro player(to be fair decision was right and Yossi Benayoun had a close offside goal disallowed at the end)
*a sending off of a Boro striker for raising his hands to Mascherano(after Mascherano gave him a tap on the chin).The Boro striker had received a yellow card.Happened at 3-2 with about 10 mins all up to go.
*a Fernando Torres hat-trick helped by 2 Boro defensive errors
*non selection anywhere of Kewell,Pennant and the one that will cause most conjecture Alonso.
*inept performance of the Liverpool central defence(comeback quick Carra)

Corners Liverpool 6-2
Free Kicks 11-8
Shots on 8-3
Shots off 5-3.
Maybe shaded Boro slightly but plenty of problems to sort out in defence(especially).
A few below average Liverpool performers(Lucas,Arbeloa,Aurelio,and riise contributed little when he came on) but a Torres hat-trick has glossed over a few cracks in the defence.
Got 3 points and glad its over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts