What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolesi

First Grade
If you take your mind's back to the summer transfer window, we tried to bring in wingers, we tried very hard, but our 3 main targets of Simao, Quaresma and Mancini (Wasn't the strongest rumour though)

So when all 3 of these failed, we had to settle for the likes of Pennent, Yossi etc. Hopefully this summer our intentions are getting some players for the flanks, and we do not have to settle for 2nd or 3rd choices again.

Dragooner

Bench
The problem is that in the summer you guys had the best chance to sign the best. Made the Champs league final in consecutive years and seemed as if you were capable of challenging Manure and Chel$ki to create the 'big 3' (suck my balls stupid 'experts' :roll:) yet Rafa stuffed up and went for these second rate players and know you look in bad shape, you look as if you're falling out of the big 4 and you are under severe pressure from the likes of Everton and Aston Villa who are just getting better and better. How many players will really want to club to the club.

Red Bear

Referee
i dont know how much cash was made available. our sales cancelled out torres purchase but after that we bough who? beannayoun babel and lucas. 2 very good buys who will prove to be stars and bennayoun. If we had been given and extra bundle of money we could've upgraded bennayoun for a much better winger

Bumble

First Grade
hybrid_tiger said:
Why the f**k would Liverpool need Lumpard when they have Alonso, Gerrard and Mascherano in the middle?

Er, because he's better than all of them

Liverpool needs Frank, not the other way around...besides, he hates the scouse so not to worry

HevyDevy

Coach
On a par with Gerrard, not better.

Both have a similar influence on their teams - Lampard just happens to have a bit more quality around him to work with.

In many ways though the two sides are very similar - rely on a decent midfielder, (Lampard and Gerrard), decent striker (Drogba and Torres) and decent defender (Terry and Carragher).

The rest are so-so.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Bumble said:
Er, because he's better than all of them

Liverpool needs Frank, not the other way around...besides, he hates the scouse so not to worry

Liverpool don't need any central midfielders and certainly not Lumpard.

lolesi

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
The problem is that in the summer you guys had the best chance to sign the best. Made the Champs league final in consecutive years and seemed as if you were capable of challenging Manure and Chel$ki to create the 'big 3' (suck my balls stupid 'experts' :roll:) yet Rafa stuffed up and went for these second rate players and know you look in bad shape, you look as if you're falling out of the big 4 and you are under severe pressure from the likes of Everton and Aston Villa who are just getting better and better. How many players will really want to club to the club.

Did you not read my post you dribbler?

Foz

Bench
On the Inter game tomorrow
Finnan is out(hamstring)
Alonso is out(pregnant)well his wife is having a baby at any time.
Lucas and Mascherano look likely to start in the middle.
With Riise and Kuyt also likely to start I'm not liking the balance of the side as Carra will no dout play right back with Finnan out.
Set up is looking a bit disjointed to me but 1 goal should be enough to get the job done.
If they cant defend 2 goals they deserve to be out.

Dragooner

Bench
lolesi said:
Did you not read my post you dribbler?

Yes, yes I did as a matter a fact.

My post wasn't about the players you bought, it was about the struggles you may face in bringing in stars in the summer and how last summer was your prime chance to buy big...

lolesi

First Grade
Saint Dragon said:
Yes, yes I did as a matter a fact.

My post wasn't about the players you bought, it was about the struggles you may face in bringing in stars in the summer and how last summer was your prime chance to buy big...

and we tried, very hard to bring in many players, but unfortuntley the transfers never eventuated.

this summer we will spend again, hopefully with more reward.

Foz

Bench
Red Bear said:
reina
carra hyypia skrtal arbeloa/aurelio
mascharano lucas
kuyt gerrard babel
Torres

Got that right.

Pretty good effort this morning.
Had to wonder a couple of times what may have happened if Torres was up front for them but bad luck he's not.
Thought the game was still to be won by Inter and I was worried we'd lose a man because of the yellow cards we picked up and then they go and lose one.
Torres just signed the death warrant a few minutes later with another classy strike and we just played with them for the last 10 minutes.
Glad that mission is accomplished and now its on to a revenge mission against Reading at Anfield.
Try picking this side because Rafa says no more rotation.
Wouldnt put any cash on the same side being put out.

HevyDevy

Coach
sh*t - I hope we draw Fenerbache or Schalke then, away leg first ideally with a 1-0 loss at worst.

Foz

Bench
Red Bear said:
gerrard misses next match in champs league due to yellow

Really.
Gee I thought Carra was the only one on a yellow.(before the Inter game).
Cant replace Gerrard but we do have a few central midfielders.

HevyDevy said:
sh*t - I hope we draw Fenerbache or Schalke then, away leg first ideally with a 1-0 loss at worst.

i hope you get schalke too. they handled chel$ki, you'll be a walk in the park. shut down torres and it's game over. Kevin Kuranyi :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts