What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Played a reserve game against Manure last night and beat them 2-0.Dont really care at all about the reserves but it was significant that D.Agger played the first 46 mins.He was replaced by Skrtel.
The goals were scored by Alonso and H.Kewell.
Good to see Agger back.Dont know how fit he'll be but I'm sure Rafa wants him for the return Inter Match.
Off to Bolton this week and we play on Sunday not Saturday.Means it will be on Fox on early Monday morning I assume.

Foz

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
They are reserves now???

Yep.
If Rafa is true to his word of no more rotating.

They just havent been picked anywhere for a couple of weeks so they needed the run anyway.

When everyones available Rafa prefers Mascherano to Alonso.
I cant understand why we would pay 17 million for Mascherano when we have Alonso there.He's only played Alonso and Mascherano a couple of times in the revolving Liverpool selection process.
Kewell had been a favourite of Rafas but this season he rotates Benayoun,Pennant and even Gerrard gets the odd run there.He's even played Kuyt there and played Crouch and Torres up front.Riise has had a go to.Left and Right midfield must be his lucky dip.

Neville played in reserves for your mob.Got his usual welcome too I hear.

HevyDevy

Coach
Crazy, crazy.

Benayoun and Kuyt ahead of the likes of Kewell and more specifically Alonso.

No wonder we're sh*t.

lolesi

First Grade
I can understand in some ways Kewell not being picked, a Babel is getting better and better on the left, though he is also a striker, so you could put him up front, get rid of Kuyt and put Harry back on the left.

Alonso is also to good not to feature anywhere in the team, he HAS to play. Though its fantastic to see Agger back.

Dragooner

Bench
----------------Reina-----------------
-Finnan-Carragher-Agger-Arbeloa-
---------Mascherano-Alonso---------
---Gerrard-----------------Kewell---
------------Torres-Babel-------------

I know many don't like Gerrard on the right. If you extremely oppose it.

----------------Reina-----------------
-Finnan-Carragher-Agger-Arbeloa-
---------Mascherano-Alonso--------
---Pennant/Benayoun------Babel---
---------------Gerrard----------------
----------------Torres----------------

Easy as...stupid Rafa.

Foz

Bench
Well we beat Bolton 3-1 last night and I'm glad we got out of there with 3 points.
They always stick it up us at their home and they were real stiff twice in the first 10 mins not to score.1 effort (think it was from Diouf) bounced and hit the crossbar.
We took the lead from an absolute fluke of a goal.
Gerrard had a shot that was going about 5 yards wide and the ball hit the keeper in the head while he was on the ground spun back and went in the goal.
At this stage we were riding our luck.
Pretty much dominated the second half until the last 10 minutes.
Babel scored after Kuyt had hit the post and Aurelio got his first wirth a shot from outside the box.2 pretty good goals.
Rafa replaced Torres and about a minute later Bolton scored after couple of corners.Really the first one shouldnt of been awarded as the ball wasnt out but on their first half effort Bolton deserved a goal.
Stats
Shots on Bolton 2 Liverpool 9
Shots off Bolton 5 Liverpool 3
Corners Bolton 3 Liverpool 10
Free Kicks Bolton 14 Liverpool 6

We play that catch up game against West Ham this week at Anfield.
With Everton winning this morning it becomes a big match.

Alonso started in midfield today with Gerrard playing on the right (well he was supposed to be playing on the right but he was everywhere).

Dear Steven Gerrard, score on Thursday morning.

If you do score, I will re-discover the Liverpool supporter in me, lost when that turd Dalglish f**ked over Craig Johnston.

Thanks,

EA

Mong

Post Whore
Watching the game on fox? What's with all of the camera noises in the background??

Mong

Post Whore
All Liverpool fans would be happy that Neil didn't sign for you.. He wouldn't get a game anyhow i don't think... Today he is as bad, if not worse, the he has been all year.

fat_mike

Juniors
yeah, booked for unsporting behaviour aswell. nino just scorted again. 2-0. gee we really rely to much on him.

Mong

Post Whore
fat_mike said:
yeah, booked for unsporting behaviour aswell. .

Yeah he does that a bit.. Given the way he carries on at officials i am surprised it doesn't happen more often..

fat_mike

Juniors
hatrick for nando and goal for stevie g. good 4-0 win. Must watch it when i get home from work. always nervous when we play west ham and sides like them.

Abz

Juniors
Bloody Fernando is on fire. He'd better do the same for Spain in Euro 08.

Foz

Bench
Everlovin' Antichrist said:
Dear Steven Gerrard, score on Thursday morning.

If you do score, I will re-discover the Liverpool supporter in me, lost when that turd Dalglish f**ked over Craig Johnston.

Thanks,

EA

It was a nice strike too. (gives the Kenny comment the miss):?

Newcastle,Inter then,Manure,Arsenal and Everton(cant remember which order we play the last 3)but it will test us out.
Poor West Ham came with a lot of injuries and nothing to play for.
Might take them a few games to roll into some form.

Corners 16-3
Shots On 11-2
Shots off 8-0
Free Kicks 16-9
Possession 57%

skeepe

Immortal
Good game, but I thought Babel was pretty awful. He's been talked up a lot lately but I don't see it. I mean yeah he does get forward often enough, but that's no good if his passes always end up going to nobody. Either play him as a striker, or not at all, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.