What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Played Reading last night in a game which had some great football,some great goals,a lot of ordinary football and a side which came to Anfield willing to attack.
Reading scored early with a cracker of a goal.(Sorry I've seen Reading about 10 times this year and still dont know their players-the guy who scored it was Ma.......someting if anyones interested).Ball was put out for a corner by Arbeloa but the ref got him for a foul(a bit of debate)but it gave reading an extra couple of yards.Didnt matter as the Reading player cracked a 20 yard shot straight into the net.No chance for Reina.
We had a moment or two after that but Reading had a great chance for a 2nd but the last pass was poor and they never even got a shot off.
A minute and a half later and Mascherano struck his first goal for the club and it was a cracker as well.
1-1.Half Time.

The winning goal was headed in about 5 mins into the second half.Torres.
Had most of he game but Reading kept having a crack.
A few tired legs after the Milan game but we picked up the 3 points.
Missed the stats but at one stage corners were 6-1 and shots 8-4(half time)
We definitely got the free kicks too and Reading had a penalty claim or 2 denied.
No way on a Carragher tackle but a Skrtel maybe foul/interference mght have got a look in.They were in no way going to score but may of had a claim.

Foz

Bench
Best for Liverpool were Gerrard and Mascherano.
The last 8 games Torres has played Liverpool has won.
Him scoring 10 goals might have a bit to do with it.
Not convinced by our full-backs tonight Arbeloa and Aurelio and theyd want to pick up for the trip to Manchester next week.
Kuyt keeps trying.Keeps frustrating me but it hasnt cost us lately.
Next 3 games are Man U,Everton (home) and Arsenal(away) and we have the Champons League tie agaist Arsenal thrown in.We'll be sick at the sight of them by the end of that and the prize for the victors might be a Champions League semi final clash with Chelsea.
Fun times ahead.

Red Bear

Referee
big game this weekend. We win and arsenal chelsea draw, we are 8 point behind the mancs. still too big a gap disregarding a minor miracle, however it shows how much the periods between the first international break and our champs league revival and also the month of january cost us

Foz

Bench
Big game against Everton this weekend.
Mascherano is out(no comment on why)and seems all players are ok after the internationals mid week apart from H.Kewell(thats rare).
I was really confident about this match a week ago but after things being disrupted at Old Trafford and the Everton players putting on a pretty big show of confidence in the press,I'm not so sure.Will Tim Cahill play for them.One minute he's out for the year and the next-well its Everton.
In other news its looking more and more likely Crouch(can you blame him?),Riise and Alonso might be up for sale.
One of the yanks looks like he's willing to sell his half of the club too.Dont like to comment on the financial side of things because nobody would really know the full story but I'm thinking DIC would be a better opton than what we've currently got.Looks more and more like this will happen.

HevyDevy

Coach
Well we clocked off a little bit in the second half this morning but did enough to win thanks to Torres yet again.

Probably should have scored 3 in the first half alone but again, Kuyt has a major problem finding the back of the net. Babel missed a great chance too and Stevie G came very close a few times.

Should be enough now to ensure we finish 4th. Shame Arsenal came back from 2-0 down against Bolton.

Foz

Bench
In the scheme of things we do have a pretty hard draw in comparison to Everton so it was a must win.
I know we only have 2 home games left Man City and Tottenham I think(Could be wrong on that because I thought we had a 2-2 draw at home with them.(cant remember now but Keane got 2 goals in a few minutes).Have that Arsenal away game too where anything can happen.4 away games left.
Everton do have Chelsea left but I dont know where its at but they have either 3 or 4 home games.
Torres got his 5th premiership yellow card too last night1 in Europe.
Might come back to haunt us.
Stats I can remember
Shots on 9-2
Shots off 5-1
Corners 10-4
Free Kicks 13-14
Yellows 1-4.
Thought we got the better of the refereeing last night (Carra was lucky not to get a yellow)but overall deserved to win on the first half effort.

HevyDevy

Coach
Carsley was lucky not to receive a red card for his challenge on Torres - studs showing and all.

Ridders

Coach
HevyDevy said:
Carsley was lucky not to receive a red card for his challenge on Torres - studs showing and all.

splitting image of diaby's challenge, either Carsley was lucky or Diaby was very unlucky. I always thought the rule was that only a two-footed challenge was a straight red, but then again it is a dangerous tackle so i have no problem with it been a red.

Yesterday's game showed again the problem Livo have had all season. For all the dominance we had in the first half, the only goal came via a mistake from Yakubu of all people in defense. Kuyt was again wasteful but at least he tried hard. To me the main problem was Babel. Dead set, how many opportunities did the kid miss. He is also woeful at crossing on the run, which is unacceptable for a player of his position and calibre. I can see the talent, but so many of our attacking sets died cause one of Babel's crosses would either fall straight to an Everton defender or meekly flick of them for a corner.

Nevertheless, an important win considering how many away games Livo have over the rest of the season. Could be a bit of a cushion considering the difficult matches we have coming up.

HevyDevy

Coach
Interesting.

I'm hoping there is some decent spending this off-season - namely in boosting our ability to find the net.

Perhaps another quality striker and a midfielder that can control a game.

Obviously the lack of quality wingers is a problem too - we need one of them.

Heard any rumours of who we may be looking at?

HevyDevy

Coach
Ridders said:
splitting image of diaby's challenge, either Carsley was lucky or Diaby was very unlucky. I always thought the rule was that only a two-footed challenge was a straight red, but then again it is a dangerous tackle so i have no problem with it been a red.

Yesterday's game showed again the problem Livo have had all season. For all the dominance we had in the first half, the only goal came via a mistake from Yakubu of all people in defense. Kuyt was again wasteful but at least he tried hard. To me the main problem was Babel. Dead set, how many opportunities did the kid miss. He is also woeful at crossing on the run, which is unacceptable for a player of his position and calibre. I can see the talent, but so many of our attacking sets died cause one of Babel's crosses would either fall straight to an Everton defender or meekly flick of them for a corner.

Nevertheless, an important win considering how many away games Livo have over the rest of the season. Could be a bit of a cushion considering the difficult matches we have coming up.

He always tries hard but at the end of the day he doesn't score goals, which was what he was brought to the club to do. I'd be quite happy for him to depart.

Foz

Bench
That describes every game Kuyt's played for Liverpool.
Looks like we already have agreed terms(not signed) with that Rafhina I was talking about in the Kewell thread(Schalke) and a couple of South American kids.
Just about everyone else in Europe who wants to renew their contract for a higher price says Liverpool are talking to them so I dont believe anything at all untill their signatures are on the dotted line.
That Arsenal game is next Saturday with the 2 Champions League games either side.Wednesday this week is the first one.(Thursday morning 6.30am our time-definately on ESPN probably SBS too)

Ridders

Coach
Diego from Werder Bremen wouldn't a bad buy in midfield, as long as the fee isn't too high. the fact that he's refused to resign would mean he's looking to move to a bigger club.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts