What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HevyDevy

Coach
I was disappointed to be honest Foz. In the first half we really took it to Arsenal and dominated the midfield but in the second hald we sat back far more and invited them to take control.

Still, a good performance from a number of players including Crouch.

Voronin proved his uselessness once more when he came on.

Foz

Bench
Voronin's already on my list of deadwood to be shipped out.:lol:Unfortunately he's not on his own.
Any opinion on Kuyts form?
Has he improved or is it disguised because we've had some good results(didnt play last night so he's in Rafa's elite)?
Riise went ok last night but his shooting is diabolical.
Crouch doesnt get a good enough go.
If I was Crouch I'd leave unless his wages are super(like Harry's).Harry's contract is up to.
The wage bill might drop anyway.

Ridders

Coach
Crouch was good, i'm still admant him and Torres could form a great partnership if given the playing time together. Voronin was f**king frustrating, we actually had several chances to win the game in the last 15 minutes, and probably would have if anyone else but voronin was taking those opportunities.

HevyDevy

Coach
That shot he blasted over the bar near the end was woeful.

As for Kuyt Foz, he tries his guts out and I like him for that but he was brought to the club to score goals and he just doesn't produce often enough.

It's one of Liverpool's problems - our goals come from Torres and Gerrard only.

You look at Man U and they have four or five players that score regularly.

Makes a big difference.

Red Bear

Referee
crouch and kuyt have now scored the same amount of goals in the league. Difference being crouch has played 9 less games (and most probly a sh*tload less game time in the games he has played).

Ridders

Coach
Kuyt to me has come to a stage where he doesn't really have a set position; he doesn't score enough the be a reliable striker, he doesn't have the technique or ball skills to be a wide man and he sure as hell ain't no midfielder.

HevyDevy

Coach
I f**king knew it - Wenger has a whinge again.
"It is frustrating again because I feel we had a blatant penalty again for a foul on [Cesc] Fabregas, which was not given. You can see it well on television, it is 100% conclusive."
He is an idiot.

Foz

Bench
A good win this morning in a good match against arsenal in the Champions League 4-2.
Tie could of went either way.
Most people would of seen the match so I dont need to comment on that but I'm still unhappy with our back 4.
While Carra is solid at right back I still reckon we are much better with him defending in the middle.
We played the quickest side in the competition and we have one of the slowest backlnes in the competition.Thought we were lucky they didnt score at least another goal.
Drogba could be a problem (for Skrtel)in the next round if you havent defended against him before.
Think we are at home first.(22nd April)
No doubt Chelsea will be happy about that.

HevyDevy

Coach
I agree mate, why anyone would have one of the country's top defenders out wide I'll never know.

Still, encouraging to see that performance.

No idea why we save those efforts for Cup games but it seems to work.

Most pleasing was the fact that we didn't go into our shells like we did at the Emirates on the weekend.

Good to see Wenger having another whinge - "Nothing went our way, we had more opportunities than Liverpool over the two games."

Whatever mate, good luck next season.

Ridders

Coach
good game, boy Arsenal know how to throw away games. Senderos should have been shot for giving Hyypia of all people so much space and time to make that header. I thought arsenal had it at 2-2, but luckily we managed to come out with the win.

HevyDevy

Coach
I don't think they were dives mate.

Certainly not penalties but there was contact both times. He didn't just fall over.

Referee got it right both times.

fish eel

Immortal
oh come on HD, I'm only talking about that first one.

Deadset dive.

should be a good second stanza coming up

HevyDevy

Coach
Blackburn have looked pretty composed so far although Reds could have scored two or three and probably should have - the Torres header that went wide, Gerrard's shot from the Kuyt play-back and Kuyt's header at the far post.

f**k Kuyt looks sh*t on the ball.

HevyDevy

Coach
Brilliant, absolutely brilliant Stevie G!

Glad Babel came off too - he was squandering far too much possession.

HevyDevy

Coach
Good performance from Liverpool. Dominated the second half in-particular.

Skrtel was very, very lucky not to be red carded.

However, I was impressed with Bennayoun's contribution when he came on - won some crucial balls and really made an impact. If he could do that every week he might be worth keeping - just not sure about his consistency.

A poor game from Babel and Kuyt lacks and semblance of skill but superb games from Stevie G and Yossi. Also Lucas was good in the second half after a slow start.

Had to laugh at Spencer's comments afterwards re: Liverpool's last goal - "even Voronin couldn't miss that".

Spot on.

Overall, the first half highlighted to me the areas we need to fix with some new activity in the transfer market - the second half highlighted what we've got right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts