What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Benayoun header 2-2.
Insua(for Riise and Plessis (who started) are both on.
How can Fox not be showing the match of the year?

Foz

Bench
Full Time 2-2.
Unless Everton can haul back a 15 goal GD in 3 games thats 4th place.
Relegation battle is on.
Fullham down 2-0 get up 3-2.
Its a dog fight down there.

Red Bear

Referee
heard plessis didnt play well, nice to see insua finally get a run
im glad we pretty much have got 4th place now after a very average season. Got to pick up next season, only had one reasonable season in the last few years (05/06).

Tyler Durden

Juniors
the funny thing about this season is that, at this stage, liverpool have lost 4 games in the premier league and man united have lost 5. and yet we are a fair distance behind them because of our 13 draws.
if we had managed to convert half the draws into wins, that's 12 extra points - go to the top of the mountain

our biggest danger is what happens OFF the pitch in the next few weeks.
they yanks have to sort out what they are doing, figure out who is in charge, give rafa the cash, and then set it all up for the title shot.

Ridders

Coach
Title shot wont come until we buy some quality wingers and another consistent goal-scorer. Midfield is about the only area i would say that we are set in. I shudder every time i see Kuyt lining up on our right wing.

HevyDevy

Coach
I agree but he's not the biggest problem we have right now.

We do have a left back with a nasty habit of scoring goals ... for the opposition.

Red Bear

Referee
team for tonight i think will be
Reina
Arbeloa Carra Skrtal Riise
Alonso Mascherano
Kuyt Gerrard Babel
Torres

altho i would prefer wither finnan on the right with arbeloa left back or carra right, hyypia centre and arbeloa left back.

Foz

Bench
Even though we were beaten I thought we played ok.
We were very ordinary in the first half but showed some good old fashioned guts in the second half.
A game either side could of won and a game where a decision or two would always change it.Divine intervenion maybe or the Riise own goal either way Chelsea did what it takes and we didnt.
Congratulations to Chelsea as they really deserved their victory (tonight)and I certainly hope they can win the final.

Now Rafa start shopping and please buy at least 2 fullbacks and a winger.

lolesi

First Grade
We didn't deserve to win tonight and kudos to Chelsea.

In a way not winning could be a blessing, if we had of won and perhaps gone on to win the CL then maybe we might not see the transfers that desperately need to happen, this lost means the season was a total failure and the need for change is imperative. A win may have changed this mindset.

Lets bring in some new players, especially defenders and some wingers! also look to give Fernando someone up front to help him.

HevyDevy

Coach
You know, I'm surprised Crouch hasn't been given more game time in big games this season. The past two weeks, when Rafa has rested key players, he has scored in both games.

He isn't an elite striker but he is decent.

Anyway, I agree Lolesi. Sometimes that sort of success can gloss over the deficiencies. Probably happened in 2005 to a certain extent.

We have the makings of a decent team but we're only halfway there at the moment.

Mad Dogg

Juniors
You know, I'm surprised Crouch hasn't been given more game time in big games this season. The past two weeks, when Rafa has rested key players, he has scored in both games.

He isn't an elite striker but he is decent.
Agree completely. Crouch isn't world-class, but he should be to Liverpool what Sheringham and Solskjaer were to us back around 99. A quality backup striker who can change things off the bench or allow others to be rested without much loss of quality. Unfortunately both Liverpool and England fall into the trap of just booting it forward to him when he plays, expecting him to win everything in the air. Despite his height, he'd prefer it to his feet.

Ridders

Coach
he's not bad with his feet for a big man as well, can score some screamers from far out.

lolesi

First Grade
Pretty happy, he is a solid left side player, better then anything else we have out there atm, if we met the purchase of Barry with a pacey and attacking minded right mid id be very happy atm.

Red Bear

Referee
gareth barry is probly my favourite non liverpool layer in the league (alog with robbie keane) so im happy to put a bid in. Hes a very good left back but he is probably better in the centre of the park, which leads me to suspect we'll sell alonso if we buy him.

HevyDevy

Coach
Alonso has been disappointing this season but I wouldn't mind keeping him as back-up at least. We need that sort of depth.

Red Bear

Referee
When we got off to a flyer with both alonso and agger fit we were playing very well, but after the injury alonso hasnt been the same

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts