What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
And its over 3-1 Aston Villa. After 3 games Liverpool have already lost as many games as they did in the entire 08/09 EPL season. Somebody send an sos to Alonso, because this current team aint winning sh*t this season.

The only reason they are missing Alonso is because they play Lucas.The titles gone after 3 games.Our best chance at a trophy now is a cup.Cant wait till the Roma man gets fit.He will look like a superstar on what Lucas delivers.
Wonder how Rafa felt having to replace his pre-season star?
He did give away the free kick for that first Villa goal but what about his finish?
Reina had no chance.

Knightmare

Coach
The EPL season is a long one, IMO you're writing us off too early. Remember Arsenal struggled at the beginning of last season, Hull were in the top 4 and ManUre were only hovering around mid-table. Chel$ki were meant to easily win the League, who would've predicted that Scolari would be sacked before the end of the season? As for Spurs- they were meant to be a sure thing to get relegated. In the end, the rags won the League, Chel$ki fell off the pace and ended up 3rd, the Gooners went on a late season charge and finished in the top 4, Hull just managed to avoid relegation and Spurs came 8th, and look how they're going at this point in time! Last season, to only lose 2 games, was an amazing feat. I reckon Liverpool could lose 4 or 5 matches this year and still win the League, I think there will be a larger margin for a slip-up this season. Too many emo's who are so used to seeing Liverpool not win the League that they write them off unless we come out firing at the beginning of the season. I'd happily lose another 2 or 3 games this year if we only draw 2!

Last edited:

Ridders

Coach
Great to see Lucas stepping up and banging in the goals to find some way of replacing the great Xabi Alonso. Oh wait...

Knightmare

Coach
I would pay for his one-way ticket to his new club, don't care where it is, except for Gosford! Maybe Con Constantine can make him an offer?

Ridders

Coach
Good win, although a bit fortunate given Bolton had a man sent off. Torres was pretty poor in the 1st half but made up for it in the second. I don't know what is currently the greater pain in watching Liverpool play atm; watching Mascherano trying to do his best Xabi Alonso ball player impersonation or watching Lucas play in general.

While i've duly ripped Rafa for selling who i thought was Liverpool's best (and most consistent) player last season (Alonso), i do have to give him credit for signing Johnson. The guys adds so much to the team, both in a goal scoring capacity as well as a guy who can penetrate and create good chances for others around him.

andrew057

First Grade
A bit fortunate? That was an outrageous decision to send him off. Ruined the game and whatever chance Bolton had.

Foz

Bench
I think they sent the Bolton guy off for not doing the job properly and cleaning Lucas right up.:oops:
Once the Bolton guy got sent I think I saw Gerrard rush into a phone booth and put his superman cape on.It was inevitable.

andrew057

First Grade
25gt92b.jpg

Red Bear

Referee
lol
why the f**k would you laugh at us if you are an arsenal fan? We've at least won a couple of trophies in the last 5 years

Knightmare

Coach
You know, there is probably an application in cyberspace just like that one, but with the billboard depicting Arsene Wegner saying 'We will win the Champions League this year- I promise!'

Davester

Juniors
Ah, hello all Liverpool supporters! Long time supporter, first time poster on here...(well this part) \\\\:D/

Any Sydney FC/Livo fans going to watch Robbie this coming Saturday?

Red Bear

Referee
You know, there is probably an application in cyberspace just like that one, but with the billboard depicting Arsene Wegner saying 'We will win the Champions League this year- I promise!'
Saw a quote, think it was Southernsaints sig at some point
"Watching Arsenal in Europe is like a supermodel on Mastermind, Very attractive and you hope they do well, but deep in your heart you know they'll be gone before the serious section begins"

Foz

Bench
Rafa's got to be kidding on Lucas.
Hardly sighted (which was a good thing)but it sounds like Rafas trying to boost his confidence.Mascherano didnt play (says he'll be right for this weeks Champions League match)but last night was the first of 7 games in 22 days and unfortunately we are going to be using Lucas a bit as our Roma man wont be fit until the end of the month at the earliest.
Yossi scored 3 could of been 4 as another he put in the back of the net was ruled offside.Gerrard gave him one on a platter but Yossi also had a shot knocked down straight to Kuyt who slotted the other goal away.
Rafa wouldnt want to be talking this up so he can play Lucas and not Yossi in some of the big games.His love affair with him is the first of our problems.
We had 16 shots on 11 off against 1 on and 3 off.
Couldve had a few more with a bit of luck.

Red Bear

Referee
I dont mind the idea of
Reina
Johnson Carra Skrtel(Agger when fit) Insua
--------Masch - Gerrard ------------
Kuyt ------- Yossi ---------Riera
--------------Torres----------

When the Aquaman gets fit slot him in the midfield, move gerrard into the attacking spot and either shift Yossi out left or as the bench man

Why the hell would you play a bloke who scored over 20 league goals last season in defensive mid-field? If Benitiz moved Gerrard there would be an atrocity committed on Merseyside.

Bottom line is we've just going to have to hold on until Alberto is fit, even then there’s no guarantee that he'll even get close to what Xabi gave us. I hope he does.

Let's just hope those American wankers use some of the 80 million in sponsorship cash they made yesterday goes into Benitiz's pocket for spends.

David Silva and Villa would be a lovely January transfer pair.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts