What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were extremely poor last night, did not gel at all and our senior players didn't dominate at any stage.

Stevie was subpar, which is becoming a bit of a regular occurrence this year in the Red shirt. Torres looked less then interested, don't really blame him TBH. No one is playing him in. The one time someone does it leads to a goal.

Reira showed glimpses at times.

Kuyt played well as did Yossi and Johnson.

Good to see Javier and Fabio get on at the end of the match.
Hopefully it signals the start of our first choice team finally getting on the pitch together.

Chelsea is only 3 weeks away and judging by last night’s efforts, we could be in some trouble.

HevyDevy

Coach
The less we see of Lucas the better.

To be fair about last night, we did dominate the game.

Obviously we have had a problem converting chances in the past and again last night but so be it.

Unfortunately we're at leats one high quality midfielder short of being able to launch a real challenge with Alonso gone.

HevyDevy

Coach
Oh and why Voronin is back in a Liverpool shirt I'll never know.

What about his miss v Burnley? He couldn't hit a barn door with a tennis ball.

Ridders

Coach
What a crazy first half. Carragher playing like a spastic at centre back, Gerrard playing deep and allowing Lucas to get forward :crazy:. At least Lucas was once again a non-factor, keeping some sanity. Torres's first goal was sublime but FMD the back four look woeful.

Defense will have to improve in the 2nd.

Ridders

Coach
I have an experiment i want to run. Lets say that for 1 game, Liverpool decide to take Lucas out of the game and play with 10 men. Would there be a massive difference in our performance? FMD the guy is useless. Because of his ineptitute Gerrard is having to drop deeper because there is nothing more painful than watching both Mashcerano and Lucas try and play the deep lying playmaker role.

Why is Rafa so hell bent on playing 3 midfielders, 2 wingers and leaving Torres up by himself? Why is he so reluctant to play 2 strikers? Surely the team can't get any worse from having Babel play alongside Torres and have Lucas f**k of all-together. I'm not saying this has to be the standard formation but why is Rafa so against experimenting with formations?

Ridders

Coach
Gotta give another shout-out to Torres for his match-winning double. That first goal was the stuff of legends, absolutely pimped out that Tomkins kid.

Foz

Bench
The best thing that came out of that game was Babel's performance when he came on.Gotta hope that continues.
The worst thing is the form of our 2 central defenders.Carra was terrible (especially the first half).Heard Agger was back at training so maybe he can get back and string a few games together.
Would of been a good game to watch for a neutral supporter but it was pretty nervey from a Liverpool perspective.
West Ham must be thinking what if after the Carra stuff up in the first couple of minutes and their guy hitting the post.
Think we are going ok apart from the defence.
Not happy about the zonal defence(but whats new)either.
What did you guys think of the West Ham penalty?(not the foul the actual taking of it).Did he kick it twice?I couldnt tell and watched it about a dozen times by the time the game finished.

Ridders

Coach
What did you guys think of the West Ham penalty?(not the foul the actual taking of it).Did he kick it twice?I couldnt tell and watched it about a dozen times by the time the game finished.

I think he must of, only way to explain how the ball ballooned up in the way it did.

andrew057

First Grade
Extremely good game last night, was a pleasure to watch. West Ham looking really good and what about Hines, what a livewire. Livperpool showed their class in the end. I dont think he kicked the penalty twice, but thats just me me.

AusKnightRKO

First Grade
i actually didn't read it off goal, i saw the goal and went geez i remember seeing that for arsenal for years.... maybe the guy that wrote is my twin :)

Carra did look a little bit of the pace.

Babbel has had 2 good cameos in a row now.

Still leaking goals from set pieces, which means Raffa's penchant for zonal marking will again be a talking point. Other talk is that we should see something of Alberto Aquilani in the next couple of weeks.

Leeds tomorrow night in the Carling Cup. Should see the young lads get a run.

Ridders

Coach
What are your guys opinion on not having anyone on the near or far post? Dead set that's one first things coached into you when you start playing soccer, but for some reason Rafa doesn't feel the need to put anyone there?

Probably fits in with the Zonal marking scheme but it just makes me uncomfortable.

Foz

Bench
We played a Carling Cup match this morning which in the scheme of things didnt mean a real lot to us but a heap to a pumped up Leeds side playing in front of 38,000 fans.
Our side was basically a reserve side with Mascherano and Carra the only first team regulars and a bench which included Torres,Stevie G and Johnson.
Leeds had the better of the game and their supporters might still be arguing about a disallowed goal in the 12th minute for offside but really they had their chances and didnt take them.Mascherano was lucky to stay on as well for a strike(accidental?-doesnt matter he shouldnt of reacted like he did)and should of been red carded.
Ngog got our goal and as soon as that happened(and maybe the introduction of Johnson and Gerrard)the fire went out of Leeds.
The tv crew and Carra were trying to talk up the importance of the Carling Cup but really its a fixture we dont get real excited about unless we happened to make the final.
Almost forgot.For the record we won 1-0.

Last edited:
=Mascherano was lucky to stay on as well for a strike(accidental?-doesnt matter he shouldnt of reacted like he did)and should of been red carded.

Don't think we've heard the end of this, with all the resent player behavior (Adebayor, Bellemy, Douif etc) the FA are watching like hawks.

Early radio reports have suggested that they are looking to charge him.

Ridders

Coach
6-1 win over Hull with Torres netting a hat-trick.

Dead-set, if he can remain fit for the entire season, he'll get 30+ league goals.

Foz

Bench
6-1 win over Hull with Torres netting a hat-trick.

Dead-set, if he can remain fit for the entire season, he'll get 30+ league goals.

Hope youre right but Rafa just loves to sub Torres and Gerrard.
Wonder if Torres would of got more if he stayed on against Hull.I wouldnt of bet against it.
Champions League away game this week so it was inevitable.

On another note why do we always seem to get a top 4 side after a European vacation?Didnt hurt us last year and the Russians may have a few injury concerns but playing them at Stamford Bridge after a Euro match will help them.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts