What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please let this be true.....

Liverpool could secure significant new investment with a private Saudi sports investment company in talks with co-owner George Gillett.
F6, who are chaired by Saudi prince Faisal bin Fahd bin Abdullah, have confirmed they are holding talks with Gillett, who holds power at Anfield alongside fellow American Tom Hicks.
Hicks and Gillett have been forced to shelve plans for Liverpool's new stadium due to the ongoing global economic crisis.
And manager Rafa Benitez saw his summer transfer budget restricted with the signings of Glen Johnson and Alberto Aquilani largely financed by Xabi Alonso's departure to Real Madrid.

F6 could purchase all of Gillett's 50 per cent stake in the Merseyside outfit to take joint control alongside Hicks, with another option that they buy part of the Texan's share.
"We have not reached a final agreement yet," Gassim Hamidaddin, F6 deputy managing director, told Reuters.
"We are discussing how much 25 per cent or 50 per cent in Liverpool will be worth."
Hicks and Gillett have come under fire from some Liverpool supporters since taking charge, with the duo also enduring a fractious relationship at times.

http://msnsport.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12040_5589102,00.html

After all of the resent BS with the American owners let’s hope they can see the bigger picture.
We need to get this new stadium going. Not just for the financial windfall which includes; an extra 100 corporate hospitality boxes than Anfield, priced each at £60,000 per season.

But for the 40,000+ fans that will get a season ticket.

Last edited:

Foz

Bench
He's hit the post or cross bar at least 4 times already this year so he was due a change of luck.:lol:

Foz

Bench
Well the boys went away for their Italian holiday this morning and played exactly like that.They were outplayed from pillar to post.
Dont know who the Fiorentina coach is but if you wanted to exploit Liverpools weaknesses this guy had his men doing exactly what a Liverpool fan wished they hadnt.
Our defence was exposed as has been happening all year and every time Johnson went forward we'd lose the ball and he would be found way out of position.The usual suspects were making errors but the problem was they were all making errors.
No doubt we'll have to improve 3000 per cent to get anything at Chelsea this week.
Love that passive offside rule too(mentions it again)but given we were played off the park I'll have a whinge about that one another day.
Mascherano-injured and didnt play again.Hope thats all it is as I'm not totally convinced.
Final score 0-2.

Red Bear

Referee
Skrtel was woeful today, I thought Carragher was reasonable, Insua poor and JOhnson good in attack but not so much defence.

Midfield was pretty gash.

Can’t say anymore then Foz and Red Bear.
We should have gone to Fiorentina and actually put-in, especially in the first half. May have got a result.

Now all the confidence from the Hull game has gone.

Agger had a good showing for the reserves in a win against Man-City.
Wouldn't be surprised to see him on the bench against Chelsea.

pantherz9103

First Grade
Main interest is in the league for the moment. We should still go through from the CL group. Need a result at Chelsea in the league though or they go 6 points adrift of leaders.

Also Skrtel and Carragher have been poor lately, something needs to change there.

Foz

Bench
Lost 2-0 last night to Chelsea but I thought we played ok.
We were terrible with our finishing and it was also ironic Chelsea got their first goal on the counter attack as thats the role we took up for most of the game.We improved on our Wednesday display so a good result may be just around the corner.
Thought Chelsea wouldve scored off a set play given all but 1 of our goals weve conceded this year have come from there.We were more solid in that area but really pumping up high balls to the Terry-led Chelsea defence was a waste of time.You could see the frustration from Torres.The commentators were critical of Torres but the service he received was ordinary apart from 1 chance he muffed that he might of put away on another day.
Why did Yossi start on the bench?

pantherz9103

First Grade
I stayed up to watch it. It was very disappointing with Gerrard + Torres failing to fire and the defence looking far too shaky and Chelsea deserved the win, but f**k me I'm sick of watching Drogba play act and lay down all the time. He's quickly becoming my most hated player.

skeepe

Immortal
I stayed up to watch it. It was very disappointing with Gerrard + Torres failing to fire and the defence looking far too shaky and Chelsea deserved the win, but f**k me I'm sick of watching Drogba play act and lay down all the time. He's quickly becoming my most hated player.

He was worse than usual. Even John Terry was getting the sh*ts with it.

The Tank

Bench
Drogba, as great as he is, is pissing me off! Imagine how good he could be if he cut out the rubbish!

Thanks for the $20 million.

:lol:

Great player when fit, but that's not very often...

Liverpool's Alberto Aquilani should make debut against Sunderland next week.
Aquilani has blamed the medical set-up at Roma for his spate of frustrating injuries. He said: "They were always changing doctors over there and there was no continuity, but I have already noticed a big difference here.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...-make-debut-against-Sunderland-next-week.html

Lastest report is Aquilani still hasn't kicked a ball, restricted to pool work. So an October return doesn't look likely.

Lucky the blokes on Radio City Liverpool don't actually know what they’re talking about.

Aquilani doesn't exactly speak highly of Roma's set-up.

Last edited:

hybrid_tiger

Coach
No doubting there are issues with our medical staff and conditioning program, but most of our other players seem to have managed playing more than 10 games a season.

I love Aquilani, great player (another superb Roma youth product), but I think he'll be one of those players who is always breaking down.

Red Bear

Referee
You know your medical department is sh*t when the Liverpool one is an improvement, this is the department that saw agger miss most of 07/08, ditto alonso, and had torres constantly hurting his hammy's last year

WireMan

Bench
Forget medical departments, according to Gillett any failings this year are down to Rafa. He said he has had more money than any of his top 4 rivals.

If he doesn't win the league, Rafa may be heading to Madrid before the end of the season.

Gillett doesn't know his a**hole from his earhole when it comes to Liverpool.

Silly Yank should stick to his Titanium Power Mac 3 or whatever he does.
This git said the same thing this time last season and look how well we played towards the end.
The sooner he sells his stake to Amir Bin Sal Aladdin Ackbar Hassin Ali Acheem jr. or whoever, the better off Liverpool will be.
IN RAFFA WE TRUST……

Foz

Bench
If reports are right we may well be rid of Gillett sooner rather than later.Only solves half the problem though.
Also there is some truth in what was said about Rafa.
Still Rafa bought Torres so we owe him for that (not to forget Istanbul either).
Rafa has learnt a bit about playing his best squad week in and week out but a bloke like Yossi would be wondering what he has to do to get a regular start and a guy like Lucas would think Rafa's the greatest manager in history.
I wouldnt be too worried if Rafa left but getting a better man for the job is easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts