What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You go girls

Nutz

Bench
Haha! Just had that opportunity to throw that one in. I'm sure some others on your Forum would have done the same.
Yeh but they are real strange lads. Ha ha.
Did you read the WT forum in contract rumours that we are in a good position to score RCG.
I'm up and down with this as we should take the stance that you guys have and that is a no to 3 years.
Maybe 2 + club option.??

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
I don't really think that actually played that big a part in it, while they did come from the Dogs they only played there for a year. So they have both been at the dragons longer then they were with the dogs.
There has been a recurring theme of our best players leaving under Sowards watch, whether that is entirely on him or the lack of interest shown in the womans space as a whole by the club I don't know. I suspect it is a bit of both but the fact that Kezie Apps who was the heart and soul of the club who was also heavily entrenched as an ambassador chose to up and leave instead of staying under sowie probably says it all.

They have a strong nursery in the Illawarra and the Dragons side while lacking any stars are showing more consistency this year, they should be the priority moving forward and finding a coaching team that can nurture and progress those girls while bringing in a few marquee experienced players to lead them.
That's the way to go moving forward.
It's well known that there were issues with how Soward communicated with the players, that's why the majority left like Kezzie, Tonegato, Pearson etc

Dragon David

First Grade
Yeh but they are real strange lads. Ha ha.
Did you read the WT forum in contract rumours that we are in a good position to score RCG.
I'm up and down with this as we should take the stance that you guys have and that is a no to 3 years.
Maybe 2 + club option.??
No I haven't read that in your WT Forum, Nutz. I have seen write ups on that possibility on Fox sports news though. Same dramas we have had with him. He would be a good pick up for you guys no doubt. Your forwards and backs will be very formidable. Even without him you should do well next year, I have no doubt.

CozDragon

Juniors
It's well known that there were issues with how Soward communicated with the players, that's why the majority left like Kezzie, Tonegato, Pearson etc
Exactly and while it was reported he had toned it down a bit the fact that we are still unable to hold onto our best player shows it hasn't been toned down enough.
I don't think he is the whole problem though, from all reports we are behind every other club when it comes to the facilities and investment put into the womans space, I'd say this has a fairly big impact on it as well.

While the sacking was done in typical dragons fashion and ruined what tiny amount of chance the side had of being competitive for the last 4 games, i believe it was the right call to sack him as it just was not working.

I have no faith that they will get the next appointment correct though and this side will continue to flounder near the bottom of the ladder for the better part of the next decade most likely.

Dragon David

First Grade
Feel sorry for Jamie.

A proud man and loved his job with the women's team. I am sure that the club has their reasons but why tell him now. That is the most disappointing thing as far as I am concerned. To me, the club does things arse up at times with both terminations and recruitment. Let the the Dragons women's season end, thank Jamie for his services and that should be it.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Feel sorry for Jamie.

A proud man and loved his job with the women's team. I am sure that the club has their reasons but why tell him now. That is the most disappointing thing as far as I am concerned. To me, the club does things arse up at times with both terminations and recruitment. Let the the Dragons women's season end, thank Jamie for his services and that should be it.
They told him now to probably stop the "bleeding" of losing more players, last 2 years we have gone backwards due to losing so many quality players..

blacksafake

First Grade
Feel sorry for Jamie.

Yes they tend to do things arse about at times DD but on this case I think they had no choice.
I’d say he’s been told that he had to change his way but it hasn’t happened along with players possibly telling the club that they are thinking of moving on which has been a problem in the past.

Dragon David

First Grade
Yes they tend to do things arse about at times DD but on this case I think they had no choice.
I’d say he’s been told that he had to change his way but it hasn’t happened along with players possibly telling the club that they are thinking of moving on which has been a problem in the past.
Thanks, blacksafake. It puts me in a better position to understand how things have been over the years. I know how people like things to be perfect and maybe Sowie was way over the top with what he wanted from the girls.

Latest posts