What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Final Standings

The Whippet

Juniors
How do you think that the competitions will look after the end of 26 rounds?

Well here's mine:

1. Parramatta Eels - guess that a few of use saw this one coming. I like their pack, nice strong forwards, the halves are coming along quite nicely and plenty of game breakers in the back like Timana Tahu, Luke Burt and Eric Grothe. Plus my sources tell me that Wags will be playing in the centres with Tahu.

2. Canterbury Bulldogs - Despite the loss of their inspirational captain, Steve Price they are basically the same team that played in the grandfinal, except Jonathan Thurston. Willie Mason has fullfiled his potential and Braith Anasta is looking good for them. They have a strong overall team and will be out to defend their title this year.

3. Brisbane Broncos - Brad Thorn is an excellent buy and with Darren Lockyer now play superbly at five eighth the Broncos can go all the way. Justin Hodges is apparently cleaning up his act, he might prove his critics wrong. I think that the backline looks pretty good and I can't wait too see Barry Berrigan return from injury, really good player.

4. North Queensland Cowboys - My beloved Cowboys, we have the power to go all the way. We have some excellent purchases in Jonathan Thurston and Carl Webb who will provide some spark. Dynamic backline consisting of the likes of Matthew Bowen, Ty Williams and Matt Sing. A great forward pack with guys like Paul Rauhihi and Travis Norton. Some real game breakers for us.

5. Penirth Panthers - Very dinamic team, with an excellent halves pairing of Craig Gower and Preston Campbell who are electric in attack. A nice solid forward pack. The only thing that I feel that will go against them is the fact that there has been a fight between Ben Ross and Joel Clinton at training, so there might be a bit of tension there.

6. Sydney Roosters - Will struggle with the loss of Freddy, I'm not entirely convinced about Firman, very injury prone, even in his younger days. They still have the forwards and backs. The backline is a big concern, sure they are fast but they can't defend well. Finch will bundle, he will be lost without Freddy.

7. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - I am impressed with Michael Monaghan and his leadership. This guy turned the Eagles end of season form around and I think that this guy can resurge the Eagles. Brent Kite and Ben Kennedy are both excellent inclusions. The only thing that concerns me is their centres.

8. South Sydney Rabbitohs - My wildcards for this year. I really like the look of this team. They have a real good coach in Shaun McRae and a really good trainer from what I hear. The backs are strong, really good centres in Shannon Hegarty and Adam MacDougall. They have that strong blend of experience with youth. The halves are young and exciting in Joe Williams and Dean Byrne. They just need not to have too many injuries.

9. Melbourne Storm - Will struggle with the loss of guys like Stephen Kearney and Rodney Howe. There experience will be really missed. They key to the Storm is Matt Orford and Scott Hill. The backline is suspect, could be a great success or failure depending on what options Craig Bellamy takes.

10. Cronulla - Sutherland Sharks - My sources tell me that Adam Dykes may be out of the season after he's done his hamstring and knee in really bad and everytime he gets out on the park he does more damage too it. Have some concerns about the forward pack, two ageing props. A lot comes down to the fitness of Brett Kimmorley and Nigel Vagana fireing up in the backline.

11. Newcastle Knights - Well we all know that the Knights are a one man team. Joey stays fit the Knights go excellent if Joey gets injury the Knights falls apart. Ben Kennedy will be missed up front and the backline will miss a bit of spark with the loss of Timana Tahu and Robbie O'Davis. Need their key players to stay out on the paddock if they want to go well.

12. St George - Illawarra Dragons - Well injuries will once again let the Dragons down and Matthew Head will fall from grace, even Willie Peters will be better than this guy. The two test props Bailey and Ryles will get injured again, Ryles already is. They will miss that mongrel that Mark Riddell provided.

13. New Zealand Warriors - Very unpredictable. Have bought well in Ruben Wiki and Steve Price. Nathan Fien could be a great success or a big blunder depending on what happens with him. Todd Byrne, well who could forget how he got ran down by a 30 year old lock forward in the grandfinal. There is still a bit of tension in the camp between Tony Kemp and a few players. The Warriors will struggle under him.

14. Wests Tigers - The loss of Scott Sattler, Michael Buettner, Jason Moodie and Darren Senter will hurt the Tigers a lot. The halves of Scott Prince and Benji Marshall lack a kicking game, something that they really need. A lot of pressue is been placed on the young guys, I'm not sure if they can cope with it.

15. Canberra Raiders - With the loss of Ruben Wiki, Joel Monaghan, Brad Drew, Mark McLinden and Luke Davico, Canberra has lost a lot of experience and replaced them with one of three options 1. injury prone players i.e. Craig Frawley 2. Old Super League rejects i.e. Matt Adamson and Jason Smith or 3. No names i.e. David Howell and Michael Howell.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Big Mick said:
Clinton and Ross fighting?

First i've heard of it.

You would think it would of leaked into the media in some form.

Adam Dykes may be out of the season

Apparently he has been training the house down and looking one of the best at trainging aswell.

TigerMo

Juniors
The Whippet said:
How do you think that the competitions will look after the end of 26 rounds?

1. Parramatta Eels - guess that a few of use saw this one coming. I like their pack, nice strong forwards, the halves are coming along quite nicely

Halves coming along quite nicely? They have P.J Marsh, and some untried First Grade halves in PL. That seems rather like a worry to me..

LUKEY

Juniors
MY FINAL LADDER

1. BULLDOGS
2. DRAGONS
3. PANTHERS
4. BRONCOS
5. STORM
6. COWBOYS
7. RAIDERS
8. ROOSTERS
9. EELS
10. KNIGHTS
11. WARRIORS
12. SHARKS
13. SEA EAGLES
14. RABBITS
15. TIGERS

Though who knows. It will be closer this year and I think every team will be competitive at the start but who ever is the most consistant will be up the pointy end. Cant wait.

God-King Dean

Immortal
1. Parramatta Eels - guess that a few of use saw this one coming. I like their pack, nice strong forwards, the halves are coming along quite nicely and plenty of game breakers in the back like Timana Tahu, Luke Burt and Eric Grothe. Plus my sources tell me that Wags will be playing in the centres with Tahu.
7. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles - I am impressed with Michael Monaghan and his leadership. This guy turned the Eagles end of season form around and I think that this guy can resurge the Eagles. Brent Kite and Ben Kennedy are both excellent inclusions. The only thing that concerns me is their centres.
8. South Sydney Rabbitohs - My wildcards for this year. I really like the look of this team. They have a real good coach in Shaun McRae and a really good trainer from what I hear. The backs are strong, really good centres in Shannon Hegarty and Adam MacDougall. They have that strong blend of experience with youth. The halves are young and exciting in Joe Williams and Dean Byrne. They just need not to have too many injuries.
12. St George - Illawarra Dragons - Well injuries will once again let the Dragons down and Matthew Head will fall from grace, even Willie Peters will be better than this guy. The two test props Bailey and Ryles will get injured again, Ryles already is. They will miss that mongrel that Mark Riddell provided.

:roll:

......& worst of all.....

Matthew Head will fall from grace, even Willie Peters will be better than this guy
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Willie Peters :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Stranger

Coach
Ben Kennedy will be missed up front
:lol: can see that with kirk reynoldson comming in... basically we got rid of him because of joey and the fact that is an injury prone bugga..... We can hold him with the second row we have now...... come on nobody is that stupid
and parra at 1......... i want some of what you on

gregstar

Referee
12. St George - Illawarra Dragons - Well injuries will once again let the Dragons down and Matthew Head will fall from grace, even Willie Peters will be better than this guy. The two test props Bailey and Ryles will get injured again, Ryles already is. They will miss that mongrel that Mark Riddell provided
let me guess mr part-time neurologist - brett howland wins the dally M?
fair dinkum numbnuts - get off the weed!

Latest posts