What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

RABK

Referee
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Mason
15. Lewis
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Farah

Personally that's my pack.

Too many QLD forwards waltz past the advantage line and made easy metres before been met by arm grabbing softies like Creagh, Perry, White, Waterhouse etc. Gallen, Watmough, Bird and Snowden working in tandem at least will put some QLD's on their backsides.

I really cannot see why players like Waterhouse, Perry and Creagh etc are rated - they are incredibly average players not up for Origin football. Some of the stats out of that forward pack on Wed night were simply disgraceful - Watmough pretty much covered all their stats combined on his own.

Watmough is 80 minutes of quality and you have Lewis to cover for the Bash brothers 15 minute break each. Weyman and Snowden will get us going forward, Mason and TLL will keep that going. I like Mason as a forward leader to lift the tempo - he's been brilliant for the Cows this year.

The farah selection i'm unsure about, but given the pack i've chosen i think a 30 minute burst of Farah could give QLD a lot of headaches and mix it up a bit.

I won't bother picking a backline, because tbh it's pretty depressing no matter who you select. Hayne needs to be fullback though.

Last edited:

Moffo

Referee
geez, inglis would be shaking in his boots with soward and merritt lining up in defence :crazy:

ANTiLAG

First Grade
RABK - I would select that very pack bar Farah. Probably put Kidley - he does have a lot more positions covered than Farah. I appreciate Lewis can double as a utility. Still.

joseph1

Juniors
NSW needs a really dynamic attacking side to carve QLD up:

1) Jarryd Hayne (roams into a 5/8 role in attack ala parramatta)
2) Brett Morris (best finisher out wide around atm)
3) Michael Jennings (x-factor)
4) Josh Morris (sheer speed, will keep qld on their toes)
5) Luke Burt (another pure finisher, 100+ first grade tries, and kicks goals)
6) Mitchell Pearce (plays on the left, better quality than carney @present)
7) Brett Kimmorley (plays on the right, best on-field talker in the game)
8) Tom Learoyd Lars (impact-go-forward type prop)
9) Robbie Farah (given complete creative license)
10) Kade Snowden (workhorse, will clean up the crap)
11) Nathan Hindmarsh (workhorse, will clean up the crap)
12) Ben Creagh (try-scoring backrower, dangerous close to the line)
13) Anthony Watmough (will also thrive in more attacking teams)

14) Michael Ennis (to come on for farah for fresh legs)
15) Greg Bird (can take White's spot, fire him up to get aggressive)
16) Jason King (has been manlys best prop this year, great attitude)
17) Tim Mannah (this guy is dynamic, best impact prop in the game atm)

Yes!, proud to finally have picked a team i think can actually beat Qld

1. Dugan
2. Morris
3. Morris
4. Jennings
5. Hayne
6. Campese
7. Kimmorley
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Learoyd lahrs
11. Gallen (c)
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Carney
15. Mannah
16. Mason
17. Snowden

Spot On

Coach
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Bird

14. Mason
15. Lewis
16. Learoyd-Lahrs
17. Farah

Personally that's my pack.

Too many QLD forwards waltz past the advantage line and made easy metres before been met by arm grabbing softies like Creagh, Perry, White, Waterhouse etc. Gallen, Watmough, Bird and Snowden working in tandem at least will put some QLD's on their backsides.

I really cannot see why players like Waterhouse, Perry and Creagh etc are rated - they are incredibly average players not up for Origin football. Some of the stats out of that forward pack on Wed night were simply disgraceful - Watmough pretty much covered all their stats combined on his own.

Watmough is 80 minutes of quality and you have Lewis to cover for the Bash brothers 15 minute break each. Weyman and Snowden will get us going forward, Mason and TLL will keep that going. I like Mason as a forward leader to lift the tempo - he's been brilliant for the Cows this year.

The farah selection i'm unsure about, but given the pack i've chosen i think a 30 minute burst of Farah could give QLD a lot of headaches and mix it up a bit.

I won't bother picking a backline, because tbh it's pretty depressing no matter who you select. Hayne needs to be fullback though.

In total agreeance with your backrow RABK and most of your bench (Mason can stay in North Qld though). However, in my opinion, NSW just do not have the props needed to get over their pack. If Weyman is our number 1 we are really struggling. He's flat out giving 15 quality minutes at a time and even his best provides pretty ordinary go forward when compared to QLD's rotation. Gallen and Bird will be able to punch through the line much better than the 3 or 4 props we pick. Lewis had to be on the bench used as a forward unless he is needed to act as a utility. I would be interested to see how Farah would go coming off the bench. I'm happy to see him used that way but it won't happen. Gidley out. Thanks but not needed. Goodbye Perry, White and Waterhouse. Club footy is your go.

As far as the backline goes, Morris should come in and a 5/8 is obviously a no brainer. I'm not a Tahu fan as his form is just providing Brendan Cannon with more fodder. He too should concentrate on club footy for a while.

timka4

Bench
1. Hayne
2. B. Morris (left wing)
3. J. Morris
4. Lyon (if he still isnt injured from saturday night)
5. Robertson / Tahu (right wing)
6. Campese (still not 100% though)
7. Pearce
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. TLL
11. Hindmarsh (C)
12. Gallen (C)
13. Lewis

14. Snowden
15. Douglas
16. Gidley
17. Watmough

I thought we were very sluggish in the go forward (i know perry and white are sh*t also) however, we need two front rowers on the bench.

either hindmarsh or gallen as captain.

Gidley on the bench for only if we are behind on the scoreboard and we are lacking in attacking spark. I know he isn't known for creating big plays, but everyone knows he will add abit more tempo wherever he is added. We don't have to use him if he is on the bench, but just incase.

I think right wing is one of the hardest choices, but i think any of the two i stated would do a good job. I know people bag him for his rushing defence (tahu) but i liked him in the first origin game, just didnt think he was given enough opportunity, likewise with b morris.

I know its a fairly big re shuffle, but I think its our best side. Maybe also swap one of the sharks props into start side over TLL and he can come on around 24th minute as impact prop (i liked him as a battering ram last origin) Either way i think it will work.

Joker's Wild

Coach
Having 2 inexperienced halves would be a mistake imo

Either 6. Barrett 7. Pearce or 6. Campese 7. Kimmorley would be the best options

timka4

Bench
Having 2 inexperienced halves would be a mistake imo

Either 6. Barrett 7. Pearce or 6. Campese 7. Kimmorley would be the best options

i generally would agree with that idea. Except i really think pearce and campese could do the trick, unless pearce doesn't return from injury unkindly.

Bluey, the blues squad is announced at half-time during round 13, monday nights clash between souths and cowboys.

isaiah

Bench
seems all too easy to me.

gidley to 6 to put hayne at 1, and gallen as starting prop replacing perry.

maybe LOD and snowden are bench options.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
Watmog has been the best NSW player for three games in a row, can play 80 minutes, and some of you are putting him on the bench?! That is more inane than playing Gidley at fullback!

Bulli Tiger

Juniors
NSW best five eighth plays in the NSW Cup.
Arana Taumata. He played his 1st seniors game for the Bulldogs.
Just have to check if his allgiences are with N.Z. or not.

hellteam

First Grade
NSW best five eighth plays in the NSW Cup.
Arana Taumata. He played his 1st seniors game for the Bulldogs.
Just have to check if his allgiences are with N.Z. or not.

I'd say he would play for NZ.

But if it were Origin he'd be a Queenslander. He lived in Brisbane and played at Easts Tigers, then was with the Broncos here until he was about 18.

redvscotty

First Grade
f**k Lyon off, injured or not. You watch him on the field in the NSW Jersey and can almost see the look of disinterest on his face.

CliffyIsGod

First Grade
f**k Lyon off, injured or not. You watch him on the field in the NSW Jersey and can almost see the look of disinterest on his face.

Yet he set up Watmogs try, set up Idris and put Gidley through a hole my grandfather could have scored...

eagles4eva

First Grade

How about the blues punt that imposter cooper, before he falls apart..

Lyon craps all over that has-been!

Sleep

Juniors
:lol:

With that news NSW line up will probably look like...

1. Hayne
2. Idris/Tahu
3. Tahu/Idris
4. J Morris
5. B Morris
6. Barrett
7. Gidley

I can't even be bothered with the forward pack. Just :lol:

QLD by 834