What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

Vic Mackey

Referee
surely chris lawrence should get a run now that lyon is out? or is the idris media/channel 9 wankfest still going?

timka4

Bench
heard that gidley might and should actually be shuffled to the bench (cant remember where) will this happen or be ignored because he actually knows what he is talking about.

Bench is better than him being on field

Vic Mackey

Referee
Lol @ anyone thinking gidley will be on the bench. No way his mate Joey will let that happen. NSW effectively put the nail in their own coffin when they picked him as captain last year.

Dutchy

Immortal
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Tahu
4. Lawrence
5. Monaghan

6. Carney
7. Pearce

8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Weyman

11. Watmough
12. Gallen
13. Lewis

14. King or Kite - Only one of them.
15. O'Donnell
16. Lahs
17. Douglas

Big Pete

Referee
With Lyon and Cooper out...

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Timana Tahu
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Trent Barrett
7. Kurt Gidley (c)
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Kade Snowden
15. Aiden Tolman
16. Ben Creagh
17. Greg Bird (?)

I really don't like this side, but I couldn't make as many changes as I would've liked given this is Game 2.

- Kurt Gidley is an inevitable selection and I can't see him being dropped. Blues were at their best when he was in the halves and Hayne was fullback. Would not be there if he wasn't captain.

- I don't rate J. Morris. But he's been there in the past for the Blues and didn't let them down. Has a wonderful understanding of his winger...given it's his twin brother.

- Monaghan is the most talented right winger for NSW and has the size to challenge Inglis and Boyd.

- Barrett is a proven Origin performer and is better than Kimmorley for mine.

- Starting front row because they did a job in Game 1.

- Lewis promoted, Gallen included and Watmough retained are the best and most respected backrow NSW could carry.

- Snowden and Tolman off the bench because it's their debut. Tolman included because well, I rate him and also a Storm player has to be there.

- Creagh would be better off the bench.

- 17 could go onto anyone. I went with Bird because he seems to be a popular Sky Blue.

7 changes, 2 forced by injury, some what realistic and for mine a superior side to Game 1.

perverse

Referee
it's not a horrible team, Pete. not sure if i'd have TLL as a starter in the front row... possibly switch him and snowy. i also wouldn't pick tolman this early, i'd give him until next year to harden up a bit more in the NRL.

based on form this year mason would have to be in with a shot at a recall you'd think. i'd probably have him there instead of tolman.

Big Pete

Referee
I wouldn't.

Mason has been doing a job at North Queensland but he hasn't been that big a stand out.

Tolman gets through a ton of good work, and if I was to have one NSW Storm player there, it would be him.

I prefer to see experienced players start when able. That's why Tom gets his start. I wouldn't use him the full 20 though, would probably get about 10-15 minutes out of him before sending either Tolman or Snowden on.

Spot On

Coach
Gidley in the halves hey. Still in disbelief at that one. I mean if I told you 6 weeks ago that Kurt Gidley would be the starting half or 5/8 for NSW what would your reaction have been?

Boganater

Juniors
With Lyon and Cooper out...

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Timana Tahu
5. Joel Monaghan
6. Trent Barrett
7. Kurt Gidley (c)
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Tom Learoyd Lahrs
11. Luke Lewis
12. Paul Gallen
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Kade Snowden
15. Aiden Tolman
16. Ben Creagh
17. Greg Bird (?)

Putting Gidley at halfback would put way too much pressure on Barrett's kicking game and if he starts hogging the ball we're screwed , I'm not saying it won't happen though. At least if we lose then Bellamy will be given the arse and we long suffering NSWelshman will never have to cringe at the sound of K Gidley being read out in our team again. I would go Barrett at 7(he carved up there before) and Campese or Sutton 6.

perverse

Referee
actually, gidley is far more prone to passing in the halves... i think he starts to realise that he actually has to do it.

Pearce looks the goods after tonight, though. could go worse than 7. Pearce 6. Barrett.

Last edited:

league

Juniors
Beau Scott should be the right centre. Use someone explosive as left centre but on the right we should aim to contain Inglis and not fight fire with fire.

timka4

Bench
i thought tahu did alright on Inglis, although Inglis wasn't given much quality ball,
Hayne f**ked up on Boyd, which got Inglis his try.

D

Deleted member 10972

I will put up the name of Aubusson again.

Another blinder tonight, 30+ tackles, another linebreak (now 8 in 11 games). He is the new Menzies. Get him in there.

petetheileet

First Grade
Pearce/Sutton

Got years left in them....

Genuine in their position...

In form....

its f**kin obvious aint it???

Yosh

Coach
I can't see how having two rookie halves will really help. Hear me out.

When an average QLDer puts on the maroons jersey they become supermen (Matt Scott for eg) but when a NSWelshman puts on a blues jersey he becomes a little school girl (many examples usually forwards who do nothing but hide). Campese, Wallace, Mullen were all rookies who were playing well and had hype but they all failed because they were thrown in the deep end with no experience to really guide them around.

I think Kimmorley has to be picked. For his experience, his defence and direction. I would like to see Pearce or Sutton picked in the other position of half.

petetheileet

First Grade
Thats the selectors and coaching staffs problem, not the players.

Because they do a sh*t job and selectors have no confidence in who they pick and change all the time, they place fear in their players that every game they play would be their last.

IMO Sutton and Pearce should be picked long term...i think they would compliment each other great and are our best option.

If they play origin knowing their position is there to win long term and not loose straight away they wont play like little girls...

Mullen and Wallace simply weren't up to origin standard, and Campese is a mental midget.