What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

adamkungl

Immortal
I read an article today suggesting that not only had Idris done enough to retain his spot, but that he had performed so well he would be considered for a starting centre berth. Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Wouldn't be a surprise. I'm fairly confident we're going to get whitewashed.

Unfortunately, I'm not confident of the selectors getting sacked as a result

hybrid_tiger

Coach
If Mannah is being mentioned then surely Dane Tilse is a chance? He has been sensational this year, really stepped up big time.

I read an article today suggesting that not only had Idris done enough to retain his spot, but that he had performed so well he would be considered for a starting centre berth. Hilarious! :lol: :lol: :lol:

He wouldn't be at the top of my list, but Tilse again would be better than White and Perry.

^Yeah, scratch White from my team and replace him with Tolman. I only had him in there cos he knocked out that jerkoff Price and I couldn't think of anyone else at the time.

I don't like seeing Lyon selected in so many sides. The guy just isn't passionate about rep footy.

Binga

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings / Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Tahu/ Jennings
6. Bird
7. Kimmorley
8. Cross
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Hindmarsh (c)
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Gidley (c)
15. Waterhouse
16. Lewis
17. Snowden/Mannah

chrisD

Coach
yeh you could say that. however cooper shouldnt have dropped the ball and we shouldnt have given a soft penalty prior to that attack as well.
either way... hayne went in or not it was going to be a try

Nah, Hayne stays on his man Thurston doesn't throw the pass and doesn't get through himself, he threw the pass as he was brought to ground by the defenders.

People need to stop picking Jennings on the wing, I'll be the first to defend the guys defense but I'm nowhere near confident enough for putting him on the wing in origin after last night. If Jennings can't make the other centre with Lyon then he shouldn't be there, Monaghan and Tahu would be far better on the wing, Tahu is a better defender on the wing than he is in the centres anyway.

gronkathon

First Grade
I think it is wise to remember that carrying only one recognised prop on the bench was a big part of the failure in Game 1. Trust me I have watched Sheens do it countless times against quality forwards and come up short

Stewie

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon (CAPTAIN)
4. Monaghan/Jennings
5. Merritt (maybe a gamble but I think he is one of the best we have)
6. Bird (would also add some well needed Mongrel)
7. Kimmorley (too risky to change halfback 1-0 down)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis (thought his usual sh%tstirring was absent in game 1)
10. Mannah (Even as an Eels supporter I've never rated the bloke but he has come good)
11. Hindmarsh (On his defense alone but can offer great 2nd phase)
12. Gallen (More of that well needed mongrel)
13. Lewis

14. Gidley (If he's in the side, needs to be there as a Utility,not as starting fullback.
15. Waterhouse
16. TLL
17. Watmough

Didn't think much of White, Creagh or Perry and I think Idris would be a great starting centre in 2011. Maybe a change of coach would be good(Des Hasler?). Was it just me or were our backs running harder and straighter than our forwards in game 1?

Last edited:

adamkungl

Immortal
I think it is wise to remember that carrying only one recognised prop on the bench was a big part of the failure in Game 1. Trust me I have watched Sheens do it countless times against quality forwards and come up short

We've also seen the NSW selectors do it countless times. I can't get over how incompetent they are. When the rest of us are watching the NRL what are they actually doing, picking names out of a f**king hat?

redvscotty

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings / Tahu
4. Lyon
5. Tahu/ Jennings
6. Bird
7. Carney
8. Snowden
9. Ennis
10. Weyman
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen (c)

14. Creagh
15. TLL
16. Lewis
17. Mason

Size and Aggro.

Galeforce

Bench
Sutton for pivot.
Big , good defence and can take on any defence and offload and has a big kick.
Leads most stats last couple of years .
Beats me why he is not given a chance .
Champion ,
becoming one of best defensive centre in the game and is finding the tryline this year.

use this Sundays game South versus Penrith to decide the centre Jennings vs Champion and guage how Sutton goes against a strong Penrith lineup including Lewis.

No point mentioning that Merrit is one of the flashiest finishers in the game.See how is goes against the Penrith backs.

One side of my face hopes none get picked so they can play for souths those weekends however they do deserve it and i dislike the way selectors stick with the chosen and media hacks who usually are aligned with their old clubs.

Vic Mackey

Referee
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Tahu
6. Campese
7. Pearce/Finch
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Snowden
11. Gallen
12. Watmough
13. Lewis

14. Bird
15. TLL
16. Mason
17. Galloway (if fit, if not then f*ck knows who, probably Douglas)

Galeforce

Bench
Not to mention either Luke Stuart OR Scott Geddes would have played better then any of the NSW props last night. i know not fashionable , however they have been starting props for one of the best forward packs in the business ( Asotasi has missed more minutes then played this year).

Sleep

Juniors
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Tahu/Jennings (If he looks like he's coming good. He's still off the pace but his defense against Canterbury was great)
5. Monaghan
6. Campese
7. Kimmorley (No other choice)
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. Perry
11. Waterhouse
12. Watmough
13. Lewis (El capitan!)

14. Snowden/Douglas (One of the two. They've both been great)
15. O'Donnell/Gallen
16. TLL
17. Gidley

Zigwaa

Bench
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Lyon
4. Jennings
5. Tahu
6. Sutton/Barrett
7. Kimmorely
8. Weyman
9. Ennis
10. TLL
11. Hindmarsh
12. Watmough
13. Gallen

14. Gidley
15. Lewis
16. Mannah
17. Ben Cross

Will never be the case but would be the side I'd go with.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Sutton for pivot.

use this Sundays game South versus Penrith to decide the centre Jennings vs Champion and guage how Sutton goes against a strong Penrith lineup including Lewis.

Jennings will be up against Best and Champion v Purtell.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Not to mention either Luke Stuart OR Scott Geddes would have played better then any of the NSW props last night. i know not fashionable , however they have been starting props for one of the best forward packs in the business ( Asotasi has missed more minutes then played this year).

Geddes and Stuart will be up against one of the best Front Rowers in the competition this year in Tim Grant on Sunday.

Fibroman

First Grade
1. Hayne
2. Morris
3. Jennings
4. Lyon
5. Morris
6. Barrett
7. Carney
8.Weyman
9. Ennis/Farrah
10. TLL