What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 overrated players of all time?

Agree on Ferguson, has that natural ability to turn a 8m hitup/scoot into 12m run that players bigger and more powerful wouldn’t be able to do. Something you can’t really teach, makes a huge difference over a season, especially when you crack 300m more than once

The following from the Roosters website sums up Ferguson's season -

sr18-playerstats-fergo.jpg

Tommy T is rawer than Tommy's fist after a Cordner youtube sesh, yet is already elite. He's a f**king gun, and still has loads of improvement in him
I’m not saying he ain’t good, he’s just not as good as most think. He’s error prone and he has a stupid face.

There’s still a solid gap between him and the elite fullbacks.

Bloke

Juniors
I got some abuse back in February on facebook for calling Inglis overrated
Bellamy is on record as saying “if GI worked as hard as Billy Slater on his game, he'd be the greatest player in the history of our game”. That’ll do me. I don’t want a bloke in my team that will only give me 100% for a half dozen games a year. Lazy, disinterested f**k most of the time.

Bloke

Juniors
Brad Clyde
Brett Mullins
Ricky Stuart

Meninga, Walters, Daley and Lazarus carried the above plodsters
Clyde was Mr. Perpetual Motion Mk. II. Agree with Mullins though and sitting on the fence with Stuart. His tactical kicking game was superb. I think Sticky’s quality is kinda forgotten due to Johns coming afterwards; he was immense on that 1990 Roo tour.

Seeing Cordner and Inglis next to each other in an Australian jersey would make every NZer smile. One is over the hill the other is overrated.

mozza91

Coach
Back rowers dominate the current overrated stakes.

Jackson, Gillett, Cordner are all massively overrated. Solid club players and not much more but they all have multiple Rep jerseys.

mozza91

Coach
Just about the best season I've ever seen from a winger. Played every game too despite the huge work rate.

Absolutely immense and I hope he maintains the rage at Parra.
This. Ferguson was tremendous this season. The fact that Gagai is getting picked for Australia ahead of him (and Addo Carr for that matter) is f**king criminal.

King hit

Coach
Brad Clyde
Brett Mullins
Ricky Stuart

Meninga, Walters, Daley and Lazarus carried the above plodsters

Clyde and Stuart overrated hahaha you’re drunk. Clyde is one of the greatest forwards off all time and Stuart was the most crucial player in that Raiders team.

You do know that Stuart had the wood on langer in Origin

Seriously what the f**k on Gagai? He does f**kall. Gets dominated on early set runs, clueless in defense, always sooking with slow play the balls. Souths go left and score all year then play to Gagai in the finals for nothing.
Poor ol Gagai, his hasn’t been any good since leaving the Knights.

AJB1102

First Grade
Poor ol Gagai, his hasn’t been any good since leaving the Knights.

He was the same at the Knights mate. His best games have all been for QLD. He should have been a standout at Knights. At Souths regardless of what he does off field (seems a good lad) he does nothing a centre half his profile and salary couldn't.

The Rosco

Bench
Seriously what the f**k on Gagai? He does f**kall. Gets dominated on early set runs, clueless in defense, always sooking with slow play the balls. Souths go left and score all year then play to Gagai in the finals for nothing.
. . . yeah, but he looks like he's about to cut loose any second now. And he's got a shimmy in his bag of tricks. The media love a shimmy.
And he has straggly, curly hair that bobs about and fixes your gaze when he jinks and is about to cut loose. I'm no scientist, but when I watch Gagai run, it reminds me of when I was hypnotised on the Carnival Spirit.
My most over-rated ? . . . for the first half of his career at least . . .A Minichiello. He came good in the last part of his career and lived up to the hype, but my God, he had every commentator lathering up for many years while he dropped balls, fkkd up opportunities, etc

Latest posts