What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 overrated players of all time?

King hit

Coach
Gagai is so strange. I don't think i've ever seen him produce consistent club form but every time he puts on an Origin or Australian jersey he is a gun.

mozza91

Coach
Gagai is so strange. I don't think i've ever seen him produce consistent club form but every time he puts on an Origin or Australian jersey he is a gun.
He’s a quality winger but an average centre. He only ever looked dangerous for us in the centres when Mullen was putting bullet passes on his chest and putting him through gaps.

Blackdiamond

Juniors
1. Aaron Woods... Slowest play the ball. Never threatens to bend or break the line.
2. Robbie Farah... Overplays his role trying to be 9, 7 & 6.
3. Boyd Cordener... A toiler surrounded by stars.
4. Mark Gasnier... Comes home to win trophy after all the hard work was done.
5. Paul Gallen... Wins on stats - loses on scoreboard.

Tommy Smith

Referee
He’s a quality winger but an average centre. He only ever looked dangerous for us in the centres when Mullen was putting bullet passes on his chest and putting him through gaps.
Gagai is the reason I was so happy and confident to see Robbo go with Paul Momirovski in the Prelim, rather than put round pegs in square holes.

And the one game rookie totally owned Gagai in the 2nd biggest game of the year.

And how much are Souths paying him? He really is a terrible centre and Souths should put him on the wing like we did with Blake Ferguson who went on to play his best footy.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
1. Aaron Woods... Slowest play the ball. Never threatens to bend or break the line.
2. Robbie Farah... Overplays his role trying to be 9, 7 & 6.
3. Boyd Cordener... A toiler surrounded by stars.
4. Mark Gasnier... Comes home to win trophy after all the hard work was done.
5. Paul Gallen... Wins on stats - loses on scoreboard.
Aaron woods is basically the aiden tolman in an alternate universe that got picked up origin and went on from there (and with a sensible haircut). Massive motor, can play lots of minutes but make 5 or 6m a run and don't even think about breaking the line.

mongoose

Coach
i've probably already said it but glass jaw bogan.

hilarious watching him in the centres butchering overlaps...

Vic Mackey

Referee
I’ve gotta throw Josh Mansour in the mix. He gets talked up like he’s Eric Grother Snr yet the bloke has hands that the Burgii would be embarrassed about. Perfect example of an athlete, not a footballer.

TheFrog

Coach
I’ve gotta throw Josh Mansour in the mix. He gets talked up like he’s Eric Grother Snr yet the bloke has hands that the Burgii would be embarrassed about. Perfect example of an athlete, not a footballer.
A judgement formed on one game?

TheDMC

Bench

Mansour was awesome a few years ago, I thought best winger in the comp. But mud in recent times...injuries I guess.

Of current players:

Sam Burgess
George Burgess
Thomas Burgess
Greg Inglis
Adam Reynolds

Of former players:

John Sattler
Bob McCarthy
Ron Coote
George Piggins
Clive Churchill