What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Fullback

Glenn01

Juniors
You are a complete and utter f**kwhit
Again you see fit to introduce Widdop into a post I made explicitly about Hayne.
I wouldn't swap anyone for Hayne nor would I buy him even if he was a free agent and cheap and that is a point I have made abundantly clear in previous posts.
So what has that go to do with Widdop or anyone else in the team?

Hey, trippy old dude, it was only 2 days ago on another thread I suggested thee may be a possibility to sign Hayne and you said: "Rex Mossop would be proud of that rubbish." and sarcastically refereed to it as "outstanding work". Then said: "Back to clown school for you." And followed that up by calling me a: "dick head" and that: "your post was badly written" and that: "constant ridiculous inferences will do you no good as you will be held accountable for your stupidity." Finally you stated: "So polish your red shoes, adjust the red ball on the end of your nose, fix up your mascara where you've been crying, put your wig on and get back to clown school and start practising your juggling because you are abysmal at the moment."

You Benji and Hayne certainly have 1 thing in common, your best was also long ago, just like theirs and your efforts from Bali when you were drinking beer with your husband were no doubt the best you ever did.

Hey, come on trippy old dude. I have warned you about this previously! This is the third time you have alluded to me and Benji Marshall and homosexual activity. I don't care what goes on in that grubby little mind of yours but it isn't my thing!

His a terrible human being... but on his day he is a great footballer.
I like the guy as a footy player... but IF he signs it means we lose Milne...
That aspect im not happy with.
Id rather Duges stay at FB, Milne in the centres this year... and Mann either in the halves or replacing Nighty.
Field and Dufty havnt shown enough yet to warrant being demanded a spot in first grade so just basing my opinion on current form as if now.
Milne is an absolute beast. I watched the NSW cup last weekend and he is an animal.
We all know what Mann brings also.
And these 2 are youngsters with many years of great service to offer.
Tricky situation if it is indeed true about Hayne.
Great summary!!! I totally agree.

Dragsters

First Grade
Aitken is good but Milne could be so much better.

Plenty have been talking up an Aitken move into the forwards, I don't see it and I especially can't see him dislodging any of our current pack.

Perhaps he could be a potential long term bench utility?

With a bit of additional size he could cover just about anywhere.

I just don't think that building a backline around Aitken at centre is a smart move when there are stronger options already at the club, regardless of whether he is signed long term.

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Aitken is good but Milne could be so much better.

Plenty have been talking up an Aitken move into the forwards, I don't see it and I especially can't see him dislodging any of our current pack.

Perhaps he could be a potential long term bench utility?

With a bit of additional size he could cover just about anywhere.

I just don't think that building a backline around Aitken at centre is a smart move when there are stronger options already at the club, regardless of whether he is signed long term.

I agree with you Dragsters he definetly could be bench player.
Cover backline and even slip into hooker for short periods.

TomRedVRiver

Bench
Love when he kicked the winning field goal for the Titans last year and said "this is my house".

Nah mate, you did nothing all game and then showed up for a brief moment to make a relatively standard play. Wouldn't surprise me if he kicked the two halves out of the way just so he could have the shot at glory himself. f**king knobhead.

Saintsified

Bench
Great post The Doc and thanks for the info.

I'm on the pro keep and promote within camp.

Hayne can continue with whatever he want's without the Dragons involved. I think there is to much "ME" and not so much "OTHERS" in the Hayne train.
There is also no I in team, but five in Individually brilliant.
Put that plane on our runway.

Old Timer

Coach
Hey, trippy old dude, it was only 2 days ago on another thread I suggested thee may be a possibility to sign Hayne and you said: "Rex Mossop would be proud of that rubbish." and sarcastically refereed to it as "outstanding work". Then said: "Back to clown school for you." And followed that up by calling me a: "dick head" and that: "your post was badly written" and that: "constant ridiculous inferences will do you no good as you will be held accountable for your stupidity." Finally you stated: "So polish your red shoes, adjust the red ball on the end of your nose, fix up your mascara where you've been crying, put your wig on and get back to clown school and start practising your juggling because you are abysmal at the moment."
Glennvasigtimuby thanks for the reprint of my earlier post in response to your most excellent tautology.
Did I forget something?
Of course I should have added don't forget to squeeze your little horn as I am sure that gives you great delight.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
IMO we have an elite fullback in our ranks i.e. Josh Dugan.
If he is allowed to play his natural game as he did against Penrith he is a keeper at #1.
Irrespective of his lack of ball playing skills he brings guts, determination and skills to the side. He is the heart and soul of the team.
Forget about chasing a high priced recruit like Tedesco who is injury prone as well, or a show pony like Hayne.
I'm sure management can meet somewhere in the middle of his asking price and our offer.
It would then allow us to retain Mann and Milne as well as nurturing our wealth of talent coming through the ranks.
For gods sake it's not rocket science!

possm

Coach
I rate Mann highly but I think you'll find he is on his way to the Titans. I think Widdop will also leave at the end of this season so, it appears Hunt's partner will be a contest between Hutch, Dufty and Field.

If Dugan stays, then I predict Lafia and Mann are out the door with Aitken and Milne in a contest for left centre - also cover for Dugan at right centre.

With Dugan at right centre, the fullback position might be a contest between Dufty, Field and maybe Kahu (new signing form the Broncos).

hazzbeen

Bench
I rate Mann highly but I think you'll find he is on his way to the Titans. I think Widdop will also leave at the end of this season so, it appears Hunt's partner will be a contest between Hutch, Dufty and Field.

If Dugan stays, then I predict Lafia and Mann are out the door with Aitken and Milne in a contest for left centre - also cover for Dugan at right centre.

With Dugan at right centre, the fullback position might be a contest between Dufty, Field and maybe Kahu (new signing form the Broncos).
Possum who is Kahu ? Is he a first grader ? I dont watch enough Broncos games to know who he is ....

watatank

Coach
Hayne doesn't seem like the type of player that the club would chase and I don't think he is interested in playing here either. Any team interested in him would only do so on a short term deal anyway. I mean I would probably take him to give our emerging fullbacks an extra year to develop but wouldn't expect him to be around very long.

Old Timer

Coach
On one hand people want to reward Nighty for years of service despite obvious talent already knocking down the door and on the other hand people want to reward a complete opportunist who has loyalty only to himself.
So if Hayne was only a winger and the spot available was Nighty's what would you all say then?
If the answer is take him, then Nighty should already have been gone and the issue of loyalty to great servants never to be mentioned again.
We would be truly then a club of mercenaries, its history meaningless and the value of the big red v diminished forever more.
Imagine trying to keep juniors or get good players to sign 3 or 4 year deals when vagabonds keep turning up for short stints and we sign them instead.