What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flanno's New Signings

Dragon David

First Grade
The panthers are the best example of retaining and developing junior talent. They have had this template for years and the Dragons with one of the biggest nurseries if not the biggest has been stupid enough not to follow it and let it dwindle.
Our leaders have been and still are dumb clucks. Allowing all the talent not to be developed the best way forward and then allowing possibly the better ones to be poached and developed at other clubs and turning out to be winners in most situations, not all.

justadragon

Bench
Our leaders have been and still are dumb clucks. Allowing all the talent not to be developed the best way forward and then allowing possibly the better ones to be poached and developed at other clubs and turning out to be winners in most situations, not all.
Yes you are right Dave and our biggest problem has been the people employed to manage and run pathways.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I love what Penrith are doing. It shows how important it is to have great juniors coming through with the right coach in Nathan Cleary the tired one. It is the combination of retaining the best of the best within and implementing a system that all players in all grades are following to have this production line of guys coming in and not missing a beat.

Dragon David

First Grade
I love what Penrith are doing. It shows how important it is to have great juniors coming through with the right coach in Nathan Cleary the tired one. It is the combination of retaining the best of the best within and implementing a system that all players in all grades are following to have this production line of guys coming in and not missing a beat.
They have the correct formula to be front runners for quite a while in the NRL. It took them a few years but they knew the right formula and that is the key.

redVinme

Bench
Well we need our scouts to do a lot of ground work to see who has great potential elsewhere that's for sure.

You take the Roosters for instance. They not only have signed Dominic Young for 2023+ but they have signed a young kid from under the noses of the Broncos in the name of Tyreece Tait a speedster similar to Josh Addo-Carr. https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/news-2...hing-job/b76d3f71-2d5c-4cf3-aeaf-bc9f4734ba5b

The Rabbitohs have signed a giant prop by the name of Jason Hallie, 19, who they see as Tom Burgess' successor. He is already 110 kilos and still growing.

Do we have any speedsters coming through and/or any giant props signed up?
We do have some big forwards coming through the problem is they are playing Aus schoolboys and are a few years off.

possm

Coach
Can we afford a prop rotation of AFB, Klem, Lauwrie, and Sele? I think it is possible if there is a swap between Hunt and Dearden. Surely, this would take care of the problems within our forward pack. The Molo brothers would be a good swap for AFB. Leaving enough salary cap to find a fullback and a hooker.

1. Tracey - 500k
2. Young junior
3. Scott - 400k
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa

6. Dearden - 900k
7. Flannagan - 400k
8. AFB - 1.2m
9. New hooker - 600k
10. Klemm
er - 600k
11. Suli
12. Su's
13. De Belin

14. Liddle
15. Lawrie

16. Sele - 450k
17. Couchman

Total approx: 3.85m

Plenty of new blood should see a big improvement in the performance of our pack, leadership on the field, and game management. I think Suli would be a big hit as an edge forward, Scott will fit in nicely at left-center, and the halves combination of Flannagan/Dearden in the halves will produce a style that will please the fans.

To move on:
F Molo to Warriors - 650k
M Molo to Warriors - 400k
Hunt to Cowboys - 900k
Ramsey to local league - 250k
Bird to retire - 550k
Max Feagai ? 150k
Amone terminate contract - 400k
Ben Russell to Newcastle - 300k

Total approx: 3.5m

So we need to find at least 350k in TPA - do it Gordons

This is what I call a cleanout and the recipe for significant change in our style of play and potential improvement of results. There is no doubt in my mind that if Flanagan can select this 17 most games, it is a top 4 team.

To me, this does not seem to be an impossible task as the value of those to be moved on is about the same as those to be recruited. So, let's go Flanno!

Tracey - 500k
We dont need him, not at fullback as Flanagan intends bringing Sloan up to rep speed or die trying. Calls him a future superstar.
6. Dearden - 900k
7. Flannagan - 400k
I could live with that halves combo, but with roles reversed as we want the bloke with the most ball skills to have the first touch of the leather and that is Tom Dearden. If Flanno jr fails we can soon find a worthy replacement among our budding juniors.

Last edited:
To move on:
F Molo to Warriors - 650k
M Molo to Warriors - 400k
Hunt to Cowboys - 900k
Ramsey to local league - 250k
Bird to retire - 550k
Max Feagai ? 150k
Amone terminate contract - 400k
Ben Russell to Newcastle - 300k
I think there is a lot of wishful thinking mixed with plenty of hope with this list possm, tho I for one want the same.

I have been saying the same thing for a while now..
Max Feagai ? 150k
Take his useless brother with him. He must have been responsible for CONCEDING AT LEAST ONE TRY PER MATCH!!! THAT IS A DISGRACE.

The junior winger you speak of, Sione Finau? , a gun, he and his Reggie centre mate Savelio Tamale formed a dangerous partnership..

Last edited:
“He’s a good player, he is a freak,” Brimson said Per News Corp.

“Any team that he’s in, he’s going to help play finals and win a comp.

Is AJ Brimson thinking clear headedly. This is Ben Hunt not Nathan Cleary you are talking about. Check out his finals record since he came to our club.

Latest posts